Comic movies

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
As a kid I started collecting comics, and through the years I have envisioned what comics would look like on the big screen. I have suffered through some horrible productions over the years until the first Spiderman movie was made. The X-men soon followed, and then my favorite, Ironman, was done and done well. The first Hulk was horrible but the second version was unbelieveable. The concept of the Avengers movie is epic, bringing all these characters together in one movie will be nothing less than awesome.

Get ready to enjoy, May 6th....THOR.

Thor*|*Trailer*& Official Movie Site | May 6, 2011

IMO the best comic movie is still The Crow.

However, I'm guessing you meant more of the hero-type comics. :)

The first Spider Man was good, the second and third sucked.

The first two X-Men movies were very good (despite how off from the comics they were) while the third sucked.

Iron Man was ok, it was good visually but the story was somewhat lacking, I found both of the Iron Man movies very watchable but not spectacular. Good summer action movies, but not at the top of the comic movie list.

Both Hulk movies were crap, but the second one was at least tolerable, the first made me angry!

The best hero comic movie is The Dark Knight, hands down. An incredible movie, much better than any other comic hero movie made. The original Tim Burton Batman was good and will always hold a special place in my heart, and Batman Begins was also good but got silly in the second half; The Dark Knight had a good story, incredible acting by Ledger, there were few flaws.

I'll watch Thor, and hope for a good movie, but I'm not expecting to be wowed. Thor isn't a character I'm particularly fond of and the trailers haven't overly impressed, but I always hope comic movies will be good.

I'm not a big Avengers fan, but I AM a Joss Whedon fan, so I've got my fingers crossed!

I also want to mention Kick Ass as a comic movie I enjoyed a lot. It's not a stereotypical hero story, and I mostly liked it because of Hit Girl, but it deserves mention. :)

The Dark knight is by far the best so far. I'm holding out hope for this years crop of movies:

1) Thor may 6th
2) Captain America July 22nd
3) Green Lantern June 17th
4) X-Men : First Class June 3rd

I haven't seen the Green Hornet yet, and I don't even know if it is out yet, but it looks great. Seth Rogan is funny.

It is time for a film exploiting the adventures of the FABULOUS FURRY FREAK BROTHERS and MR NATURAL.

And if they cannot afford to make that film 3-D, they really ought to offer free hits of acid to every ticketholder.

(Now you know why I didn't move to Hollywood to become a film producer, I guess)

I liked the comic versions of the heros that had things morph inot existance like the Green Lnatern projecting a huge green hammer to pound on something or a parachute and son on.

There was a comic called Metal Men, I think, in which the scientist leader animated elemental metals Iron, Mercury, Platinum, Tin and Lead. Each of these could morph into various shapes and the qualities of the metal defined the personalities of the charachters and their morphin capabilities.

Platinum was a babe and Tin a pip squeak, Iron was the real strong one and lead while also strong was a little slow witted. Mercury was moody and critical.

I feel like this would lend itself to the screen real well.

I liked the comic versions of the heros that had things morph inot existance like the Green Lnatern projecting a huge green hammer to pound on something or a parachute and son on.

There was a comic called Metal Men, I think, in which the scientist leader animated elemental metals Iron, Mercury, Platinum, Tin and Lead. Each of these could morph into various shapes and the qualities of the metal defined the personalities of the charachters and their morphin capabilities.

Platinum was a babe and Tin a pip squeak, Iron was the real strong one and lead while also strong was a little slow witted. Mercury was moody and critical.

I feel like this would lend itself to the screen real well.

yea i used to read them guys too....you forgot the team leader Gold.....

The Dark knight is by far the best so far. I'm holding out hope for this years crop of movies:

1) Thor may 6th
2) Captain America July 22nd
3) Green Lantern June 17th
4) X-Men : First Class June 3rd

I haven't seen the Green Hornet yet, and I don't even know if it is out yet, but it looks great. Seth Rogan is funny.

I was surprised at how good Green Hornet was. I didn't really expect much out of it.

Dear Diary

My favorites are Superman III and Batman Begins, but I'm excited about Ben Affleck's upcoming The Batman (which I hope will feature the elegant-maniac Mad Hatter as the main villain) and the Green Lantern Corps movie (which I hope will feature Spectre as the main nemesis-element).

jl01a.jpg

dc.jpg

BLOODSHOT

There's an upcoming comics-adapted film of Bloodshot, and if there are righteous names attached to direct and act (e.g., Guy Ritchie, Mark Wahlberg, etc.), it could be a substantial cult-audience achievement for a major movie studio trying to do something different.

David Leitch and Chad Stahelski (of Keanu Reeves' John Wick fame) are considered the main candidates for director right now.

I'd like to see Sofia Coppola try to direct a comic book adapted film of a superheroine --- perhaps Spider-Woman or Supergirl!

bloodshot.jpg

BLOODSHOT

There's an upcoming comics-adapted film of Bloodshot, and if there are righteous names attached to direct and act (e.g., Guy Ritchie, Mark Wahlberg, etc.), it could be a substantial cult-audience achievement for a major movie studio trying to do something different.

David Leitch and Chad Stahelski (of Keanu Reeves' John Wick fame) are considered the main candidates for director right now.

I'd like to see Sofia Coppola try to direct a comic book adapted film of a superheroine --- perhaps Spider-Woman or Supergirl!

View attachment 114431
i agree a movie about him would be good.....this guy would be good too...

3740_20090423111444_large.jpg

Forum List

Back