Comic Movies....

Funny that no one has mentioned X-Men: Origins. It's another one I enjoyed, while most fans did not.

Didn't even see it to be honest. After the terrible job they did with X-Men 3, I had no desire to see X-Men Origins or the one that they're making right now. I've been told it was good though. Will probably sit down and watch it one night.

ok Bert tell me.....how is the Green Lantern moving away from this "Realism" you mention?...

With just about every superhero movie we've seen since Spiderman, comic book movies have been trying to achieve that "gritty, realistic" feeling for their superheroes as opposed to say Batman & Robin (1996). While that is certainly great, the problem is now after a decade the same kind of plot is shown in every movie series.

The Green Lantern is certainly aiming to be more humorous and more of a fun movie then dark movie. So perhaps the word "realism" is incorrect to use here. Though the Lantern ring itself could be considered "unrealistic."

This is why I'm looking forward to The Green Hornet movie. It's funny and badass looking at the same time.

That's not to say I don't enjoy many of the "gritty" movies that were released.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight for starters, with TDK being one of my favorite films of all time. I really really enjoyed Watchmen, Spiderman 2, X-Men #1, and #2.

However, it has failed with films such as The Spirit, Spiderman 3, X-Men 3, the Fantastic Four films, Superman Returns (though I liked Kevin Spacey as Lex), and the Punisher movies.

the Green Lantern was never Dark Bert.....as a kid i had hundreds of DC Comics....and plenty of them were of the GL....and the RING unrealistc?.....come on Bert....any Superhero movie can be considered....Unrealistic........relax and just enjoy it....dont be so critical....:eusa_eh:

the Green Lantern was never Dark Bert.....as a kid i had hundreds of DC Comics....and plenty of them were of the GL....and the RING unrealistc?.....come on Bert....any Superhero movie can be considered....Unrealistic........relax and just enjoy it....dont be so critical....:eusa_eh:

I realize that much. Though most of my comics collection (which was DC) was Batman. :lol:

You seem to be getting me all wrong though Harry. :lol:

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing if the ring is unrealistic or if the movie itself is. In fact, I'm saying it's a nice change of pace. The humor will be too, especially since I think Ryan Reynolds is not only a good actor but a funny guy.

I realize that much. Though most of my comics collection (which was DC) was Batman. :lol:

You seem to be getting me all wrong though Harry. :lol:;;I

'm not saying that it's a bad thing if the ring is unrealistic or if the movie itself is. In fact, I'm saying it's a nice change of pace. The humor will be too, especially since I think Ryan Reynolds is not only a good actor but a funny guy.

oh ok....i thought you were saying the Power Ring thing is kinda far fetched.....but yea Reynolds is at least a Fanboy and understands the Genre.....he was hoping to be the Flash.....but that movie for some reason they are procrastinating on getting it made...the 90's TV Show i thought was well done for TV....

Forum List

Back