Comfort mods on my Burgman

Jarlaxle

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2012
New England
Longer rides had exposed a problem with the Burgy: like many bikes, the stock seat sucks rocks. I gave an aftermarket seat brief consideration. (After seeing the prices, it was REALLY brief.) The saddle sore issue was solved with an Airhawk 2 cushion (and getting it was an excuse for a very nice ride through the White Mountains), but that relocated just the problem: instead of a sore tukhus, my back was killing me. I did some research, and found most backrests were also pricey...until I saw something on the BurgmanUSA forum. A guy there who posts as "Bearcat" sells (for only $65 shipped!) a backrest...which I decided to try. It's amazingly simple: a headrest from an Isuzu Rodeo or Trooper, with the support bars bent to fit with a vise and covered with 1/2" PVC pipe, the exposed bar covered in split-loom, and the whole shebang painted flat black to match the stock seat.

Installing it took 5 minutes: remove 2 screws retaining the stock butt-pad. Slide out butt pad. Slide in Bearcat. Adjust to appropriate position and secure with small hose clamps. Then, take a test-ride.

WOW! A bit more legroom...and no more back pain.

I've got a Majesty I don't know what to do with. I have a blast on my new R3 but can't carry anything. I see Maggie sitting there and I think sell it sell it sell it and then I charge the battery, air up the tires, take it out for a spin and think keep it keep it keep it!

Forum List

Back