Comedian Colbert testifies on migrant farm labor

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
WASHINGTON - At 9:37 a.m. Friday, a man in a navy suit bounded into a packed committee room in the Rayburn House Office Building wearing the wide grin of a politician. Surrounded by a scrum of clicking photographers, he marched over to the witness table, plunked himself down on a leather chair and smoothed back his hair.

Stephen Colbert was ready to testify.

"I certainly hope that my star power can bump this hearing all the way up to C-SPAN 1," he said. (The proceedings were on C-SPAN 3.)

Colbert's role as a witness on migrant farm labor before the House Judiciary Committee's Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security and International Law marked a new permutation of the brand of humor that he and Jon Stewart have honed.

No longer content with just parodying politicians, they are increasingly extending the joke into the very halls of government that they mock.

The two Comedy Central hosts will step further into the political arena on Oct. 30, when they hold rival rallies on the National Mall.

What a absolute JOKE and mockery this Congress is..

We the TAXPAYERS had to pay for this CLOWN joker Colbert to testify..

come on people, WAKE UP

Yes, the hardcore fauxcon GOP reps are exactly that, particularly the douche King from Iowa. Don't act stupid, guys, if you don't want to be made fun of. That was good Congressional theatre yesterday, and the pervs are complaining nthat they were perved out. :lol:

Stephanie said:

come on people, WAKE UP

When the Republicans controlled Congress, didn't one of their number invite Elmo to testify? I think they had Chris Farley impersonate Newt back in the '90s right before a Republican budget meeting.

WASHINGTON - At 9:37 a.m. Friday, a man in a navy suit bounded into a packed committee room in the Rayburn House Office Building wearing the wide grin of a politician. Surrounded by a scrum of clicking photographers, he marched over to the witness table, plunked himself down on a leather chair and smoothed back his hair.

Stephen Colbert was ready to testify.

"I certainly hope that my star power can bump this hearing all the way up to C-SPAN 1," he said. (The proceedings were on C-SPAN 3.)

Colbert's role as a witness on migrant farm labor before the House Judiciary Committee's Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security and International Law marked a new permutation of the brand of humor that he and Jon Stewart have honed.

No longer content with just parodying politicians, they are increasingly extending the joke into the very halls of government that they mock.

The two Comedy Central hosts will step further into the political arena on Oct. 30, when they hold rival rallies on the National Mall.

It's hard to find any fruits or vegetables that were grown in the US at the stores I go to. Maybe he is trying to help the family of the gangbangers who supply him with drugs. It always boils down to money. Anyone who stands up for the invaders of the US have a personal agenda.

It's hard to find any fruits or vegetables that were grown in the US at the stores I go to. Maybe he is trying to help the family of the gangbangers who supply him with drugs. It always boils down to money. Anyone who stands up for the invaders of the US have a personal agenda.

you know... reading your posts, they aren't reflective of any actual reality.

so i'm thinking maybe you need to stop making stuff up as you go along.

or maybe... you're just too stupid to realize that you're living south of the border and need to move north.

:cuckoo:

I have a problem with calling Colbert a "Comedian" first, you should generally be funny to be labeled as such and second, he is a legitimate newsman. He is this generation Cronkite.

Colbert, Stewart and Maddow are the Big Three in Progressive News.

[you know... reading your posts, they aren't reflective of any actual reality.

or maybe... you're just too stupid to realize that you're living south of the border and need to move north.

Now exactly what did YOU add to the post except your hatred of REAL Americans.

I have a problem with calling Colbert a "Comedian" first, you should generally be funny to be labeled as such and second, he is a legitimate newsman. He is this generation Cronkite.

He did not report the news. He slanted thing to fit his own way of thinking. Did he ever mention that there are Americans living in tent cities that could do that work? NO. He simply defended the Mexican's Anti-American agenda.

[you know... reading your posts, they aren't reflective of any actual reality.

I am a "real american".

I hate racists.

And if you ever add anything to the board, we'll be sure to respond to you accordingly. But apparently, I'm not the only person who doesn't think much of you.

Stephanie would be woo hooing and high fiving for Glenn, Sean, Laura, Ann, and Rush.

[

I am a "real american".

I hate racists.

And if you ever add anything to the board, we'll be sure to respond to you accordingly. But apparently, I'm not the only person who doesn't think much of you.[/QUOTE]

You're an anti-American because you'll defend invading Mexicans over the people who built the United States and saved the world twice. Mexicans have nothing to contribute to America and actually have ruined the educational system here.

Indians from India are actually leaving the US because the standard of living in India is improving while the US keeps dropping with every Latino that sneaks across the border..

And as far as diversity, when have you ever heard of Mexicans ever helping those of another race? Those people sponge off of everyone. They can't even show up in church on Sundays because their so drunk from the night before, they would trip over the booze bottles and beer cans they dump all over the streets.

Those are facts, honey. Start living in the REAL world and not the Spanish version of Disneyland.

False, they undoubtedly have been worth more than your people have to America. Did you know Mexican Americans enlisted at greater rates than other race or ethnic group during WWII. False. You do not have any data that can even suggest it, much less improve it. False. You did not grow up in my hometown in Southern California. What probably is true: you are the hard drinker.

thats why stewart rips on obama nightly :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

False, they undoubtedly have been worth more than your people have to America. Did you know Mexican Americans enlisted at greater rates than other race or ethnic group during WWII. False. You do not have any data that can even suggest it, much less improve it. False. You did not grow up in my hometown in Southern California. What probably is true: you are the hard drinker.

Talking to yourself again?

You're an anti-American because you'll defend invading Mexicans over the people who built the United States and saved the world twice. Mexicans have nothing to contribute to America and actually have ruined the educational system here.

Indians from India are actually leaving the US because the standard of living in India is improving while the US keeps dropping with every Latino that sneaks across the border..

And as far as diversity, when have you ever heard of Mexicans ever helping those of another race? Those people sponge off of everyone. They can't even show up in church on Sundays because their so drunk from the night before, they would trip over the booze bottles and beer cans they dump all over the streets.

Those are facts, honey. Start living in the REAL world and not the Spanish version of Disneyland.

Ay caramba, hombre! Tu eres loco.

Colbert, in this country beans don’t grow on the ground. Neither does corn, tomatoes, and apples. There are lots of vegetables and fruits that don’t grow on the ground

come on people, WAKE UP

Yes you had to pay for the electricity for the microphone he was using for ten minutes oh the horror.

Forum List

Back