~Come, Slow Dance With Me~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
What is the best song, in your opinion, to slow dance to??

For me, it's Eric Clapton's- Wonderful Tonight.

True story, a few years back I was dating this gent, and I am a romanticist, I love romance *smiles*
Anyway, he knew how I loved that song and how I always wanted to slow dance to it.
So one night, he blind-folded me, and led me to the dining room.
I heard him start some music, and it was Eric Clapton's song....Wonderful Tonight :)
He removed the blindfold and we slow danced, right there, in the dining room...it was magical, it was beautiful....I shall never forget it :eusa_dance:

Wonderful Tonight is about getting wasted at a party with the woman he stole from his best friend who eventually left him for another guy.

Huh??
Are you shitting me??
You just blew my whole image of that song and what I thought it really meant, right into the fucking toilet :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCCKFmdNvRg&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Patsy Cline Faded Love Best Quality Audio‬‏[/ame]

YouTube - ‪Toby Keith - You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This‬‏

Great song to slow dance to. Usually a woman will need assistance to get off the dance floor after slow dancing with me if this song is playing. They gasp for air, mutter things like "My life is complete. What a man! Thank you Jesus..." and other such things. Most always they are trembling and in need of a drink and some reasurance that I am only mortal.

Last edited:

True story, a few years back I was dating this gent, and I am a romanticist, I love romance *smiles*

Those are sharp teeth for a romantic.

A tango is a good way to warm up an evening....after that, maybe .... well ....something else...
Clapton works well enough.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPi6fW8KBW4]YouTube - ‪Rodney Crowell - I Couldn't Leave You If I Tried‬‏[/ame]

Now Rodney Crowell, him I could do....listen to and look at.
My parents listened to the old country stuff.
Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton....Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty....Tammy Wynette and George Jones.
Don Williams, Tom T. Hall......even some Patsy Cline thrown in and I'm here to tell yunz!
I can not listen to Patsy Cline, oh dear God no, that would be cruel and unusual punishment!

Strolling, do you recall a country singer from years ago, named Johnny Rodriguez??
He had a song called "Riding My Thumb To Mexico".
I was only about 13 when I had this huge crush on that man...I always told my Mother, I would like to meet him and run off and be with him :lol:

Those are sharp teeth for a romantic.

A tango is a good way to warm up an evening....after that, maybe .... well ....something else...
Clapton works well enough.

Whatcha got in mind?? *smiles*

old country to me...is bob wills....

i great up on hank williams and patsy cline.....

I don't know Bob Wills.....but my parents liked Hank too, and Charlie Pride.
But I remember many many days, we traveled all over these United States, listening to that old country twang.
Skeeter Davis was another they liked.

bob wills and the texas playboys?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwOQxHejPyc]YouTube - ‪Bob Wills & his Texas Playboys - San Antonio Rose ~ 1940's Country Classic‬‏[/ame]

Anyway, he knew how I loved that song and how I always wanted to slow dance to it.
I heard him start some music, and it was Eric Clapton's song....Wonderful Tonight :)
He removed the blindfold and we slow danced, right there, in the dining room...it was magical, it was beautiful....I shall never forget it :eusa_dance:

What a wuss. No wonder he's an ex.

What a wuss. No wonder he's an ex.

Half the people in the United States are an ex of somebody :lol:
I don't think he's a wuss, I happen to like this song. Then when he lost his child, after the child fell from the window of a high rise, I felt terrible for him.
But he carried on.
A wuss in your book is different than a wuss in mine.

Forum List

Back