Comcast transitions to new data usage pricing model

You don't want to deal with their billing dept anyway or their lack of business ethics and control of their rogue employees.
They were voted the worst company for a reason.

Not cool. Not cool at all. So glad I don't have to deal with Comcast. Normal people have endless hours of tracking to do - from bills, to children, to careers. The last thing I want to have to do is monitor my internet usage.

New Data Caps Provide Yet Another Reason to Hate Comcast

Not a surprise of the parent company to NBC!

But then again the cable companies have the cable monopolies in their area. Looks like Comcast users will be switching to DSL..

You don't want to deal with their billing dept anyway or their lack of business ethics and control of their rogue employees. They were voted the worst company for a reason.
Really? Was not aware of that. Good to know. Now I'm even more thankful.

Not cool. Not cool at all. So glad I don't have to deal with Comcast. Normal people have endless hours of tracking to do - from bills, to children, to careers. The last thing I want to have to do is monitor my internet usage.

But then again the cable companies have the cable monopolies in their area. Looks like Comcast users will be switching to DSL..
Man would that suck though. DSL simply doesn't have the throughput that cable internet can provide. We have to find a way to increase competition. If we're going to grant companies monopolies in each area, we might as well turn the whole damn thing over to the government and do a "single payer" system like the progressives want to do with healthcare. And for the record - I am not for that. But I'm also not for this stupid system that we have now.

You would have to stream twenty hours of video a day to hit the terabyte a month limit.
Of course as we all know it's just a matter of time before they start charging you for less than that.

Man would that suck though. DSL simply doesn't have the throughput that cable internet can provide. We have to find a way to increase competition. If we're going to grant companies monopolies in each area, we might as well turn the whole damn thing over to the government and do a "single payer" system like the progressives want to do with healthcare. And for the record - I am not for that. But I'm also not for this stupid system that we have now.

Well that is the competition, DSL. And that is what Comcast users should do, dump their internet with Comcast and switch to DSL. Once Comcast starts losing all that revenue, they will change their minds on this policy.

If all you do is surf the internet and check e-mail DSL will do just fine, if you want to watch HD movies via Netflix, it is not so good. There are speed packages for DSL, but your speed is really determined how far away you are from the main transmission node.

If people stay with Comcast because of this, then Comcast wins..

Comcast claims 99-percent of customers use less than 1 TB per month, but it could be an issue for fans of online gaming or 4K streaming.

Comcast adds home internet data cap

Many are already switching over and tethering to 4g data plans as the 0nly alternative to the monopoly Comcast has in certain areas.

When 5g and higher data plans occur in the next few years, Comcast will struggle.
The new high speed optic fiber wire services will be more available by then as well.

Many are already switching over and tethering to 4g data plans as the 0nly alternative to the monopoly Comcast has in certain areas.

When 5g and higher data plans occur in the next few years, Comcast will struggle.
The new high speed optic fiber wire services will be more available by then as well.
That's what I'm really looking forward to. When I build my next home, I'm planning on running fiber everywhere (when we built our current home I ran Cat 6e cabling to multiple jacks that I put in). With the IoT starting to expand, I'm just going to do fiber everywhere. Ideally I'd like to do VoIP as well.

I suspect the cable industry will be going away in the not too distant future and everything will transition to streaming services. AppleTV...here I come!

Well that is the competition, DSL. And that is what Comcast users should do, dump their internet with Comcast and switch to DSL. Once Comcast starts losing all that revenue, they will change their minds on this policy.

If all you do is surf the internet and check e-mail DSL will do just fine, if you want to watch HD movies via Netflix, it is not so good. There are speed packages for DSL, but your speed is really determined how far away you are from the main transmission node.

If people stay with Comcast because of this, then Comcast wins..

Comcast claims 99-percent of customers use less than 1 TB per month, but it could be an issue for fans of online gaming or 4K streaming.

Comcast adds home internet data cap
I hear ya. But it's just not a good viable option. It's like saying if you don't like your HD tv, move to this 12" black and white with bunny ears. You're losing so much that it makes it tough to tell Comcast to take a hike (and Comcast knows it too, which is why they pull that crap).

But the Gov't told us HD would be mandatory standard by now and yet Comcast is still behind the times broadcasting 480p as standard, HD as premium, and 4k and 3d almost non existing.
4k should be the premium not HD.
Thanks Pay to Play Gov't, most of which is in Comcast's pockets(except for Al Franken who fought for our consumer rights against them).
Comcast even started illegally blocking the mandatory free access channels from being picked up on TV's with their own tuners.

Forum List

Back