Comcast Sucks

Charter sucks but it's the only game in town around here. At& T sucks but it's the only phone company around here.

Whatever happened to competition?

No competition is selling DSL over ATT phone lines in your area?

ON comcast. Their internet is a big LAN type of configuration and if you live around high users your service will suffer. Such as close to a university area.

DSL is best. I have ATT 3 Gb service for $26 I think, and it is fine, I can get 6 Gb for less than $10 more but see no need.

Comcast really sucks lately. I am having problems with my cable since the "upgrade," and my "high-speed" Internet has been poking along at times lately. Also, the Internet has been cutting out for 20-30 minutes every few days.

Anyone else having these problems?

I can tell you this? I know people with COMCAST...and they have been called onthe carpet for excceding bandwidth. Yes, they monitor it.

Usually intermittent speed issues can be caused by low signal strength, regardless of how good the TV or phone side is, if you have all three. Have them just check the internet speed, in DB's, the strength, if marginal will cause a lot of aggravation.
This one, since they installed an amplifier in-line, has been perfect.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 21167 kbps (2645.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 3004 kbps (375.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

It could be your anti-virus program. I had to turn off AntiPhishing on mine because it was slowing everything to a crawl.

It could be your anti-virus program. I had to turn off AntiPhishing on mine because it was slowing everything to a crawl.

Shit, while you're at it, kick the tires too and see if that might be the issue :lol:

So I dropped Comcast this weekend.

My Bell ExpressVu from Canada stopped working a month or so ago, so I finally bought an HDTV signed up for Direct TV. It is miles better than Comcast IMHO.

After living off grid with satellite Internet for 20 years, I recently moved to an apartment building where Comcast is the provider. I was shocked to find their price for Internet only was higher than satellite cost. To add TV involved a long-term contract where the price went up over time. An insane pricing plan!

New subscribers to Comcast should beware of this come-on pricing! Don't buy until you know all the facts. In twelve months, my price for Internet and TV would hit $200 per month!

I never subscribed to Comcast Internet. We did have lower than Basic basic Cable under them because they have to provide basic channels like ABC, NBC and CBS without discrimination. It is only after we removed the equipment and changed over to another provider that they want to make a deal and it was too late.
One of my friends can't send files over the internet.
My co-worker complained about losing her phone and I had to drive her to Comcast to only find out they can't accept her equipment back at that location because their computers aren't hooked up with the rest of Comcast's computers.
I'd rather go with FIOS or DSL than expensive companies like Comcast.

After living off grid with satellite Internet for 20 years, I recently moved to an apartment building where Comcast is the provider. I was shocked to find their price for Internet only was higher than satellite cost. To add TV involved a long-term contract where the price went up over time. An insane pricing plan!

New subscribers to Comcast should beware of this come-on pricing! Don't buy until you know all the facts. In twelve months, my price for Internet and TV would hit $200 per month!

So which service are you in the pay of?

I had Comcast for years, and they kept raising my prices every year or so.

I got sick of it, and switched to AT&T, but the Internet speed is significantly worse now.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I never subscribed to Comcast Internet. We did have lower than Basic basic Cable under them because they have to provide basic channels like ABC, NBC and CBS without discrimination. It is only after we removed the equipment and changed over to another provider that they want to make a deal and it was too late.
One of my friends can't send files over the internet.
My co-worker complained about losing her phone and I had to drive her to Comcast to only find out they can't accept her equipment back at that location because their computers aren't hooked up with the rest of Comcast's computers.
I'd rather go with FIOS or DSL than expensive companies like Comcast.

I've had the best luck with Comcast, tried Verizon FIOS for a year, they lied to me, charged me 50% more than I had signed on for. Couldn't find what I did with the contract so I was stuck, I'll never use Verizon FIOS again. My dad has Centurylink, spent lots of time on the phone with them...... no thanks. My brother has Direct TV, no complaints.
The only problem I had with Comcast was years ago when we were in Prince William County, VA. There billing department sucked, couldn't get anything right until I had an attorney friend of mine write a scathing letter to corporate headquarters with loads of documentation and threatened a law suit. Not long after I never had another billing problem and there were a few new faces in the billing office.......

Forum List

Back