Combined Thread: "Solutions" for mass shootings. Gun Control, Mental Health, School Security, etc

The heinous attack on Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School demonstrates anew the necessity of arming teachers so they can defend students from determined criminals who come to campus to do harm.
Dr. AWR Hawkins-Florida School Shooting: Time to Arm Teachers for Self-Defense
-------------------------

If you sissy soy boy liberals can handle a cop having a gun you can handle . teacher having a gun get use to it snowflakes or get the fk out of the US and move to Europe where no guns exist and the women are being raped beyond what most idiots can imagine.

Last edited:
How did an armed shooter walk into the school in the first place? The school security system was obviously deficient to the point of gross negligence and reckless endangerment. It has happened before, so it is foreseeable.

The public school system huddles our children together unprotected, thus making them sitting duck targets. The prey is there, all you need is a predator. Florida got a predator yesterday and he got his prey on the school's platter.

Kinda sounds funny doesn’t it?
I haven’t looked up statistics in quite some time but isn’t it mostly Democrats that are doing all the killing with guns? Aren’t the majority of mass shooters Democrats, Lefties or Muslims? The ghetto folks killing each other in our ghettos and barrios....yep, Liberal Democrats.
I would love to hear a Democratic lawmaker stand at the podium on the senate floor and say....”Now damnit, we are tired of all this killing, we must get aggressive on gun control, we have to enact laws which will protect ourselves from.....ummm, umm, Democrats.”

You will NEVER get to the bottom of what makes these people tic, much less come to any sustainable ideas on how to curb this violence when you put out these ridiculous political straw man arguments.

Most of these killers are first & foremost mentally disturbed. That is the underlying issue. Not ISIS, not Democrats, not Republicans, not conservatism, not liberalism, not ANTIFA, not MS13...etc

Their mental health is the source of their anger and the driver behind their actions. Address THAT and you are on the right path.

I bet you a thousand bucks that most of these nutjobs could not define conservatism or liberalism much less apply their principles in their own lives. They are "lost" both emotionally & physically.

I used to be one of these kids. A complete loser with no direction in my life and everything I did revolved around my own selfishness & looking for attention. I NEVER thought about politics or the principles it espouses. Everything was about me.

You all chase your tails in circles trying to place the blame in all the wrong places and as a result nothing is ever done.

How did an armed shooter walk into the school in the first place? The school security system was obviously deficient to the point of gross negligence and reckless endangerment. It has happened before, so it is foreseeable.

The public school system huddles our children together unprotected, thus making them sitting duck targets. The prey is there, all you need is a predator. Florida got a predator yesterday and he got his prey on the school's platter.
Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. How did he pull a fire alarm without getting inside, and how did he get inside? Unless they had fire alarms outside the buildings? I heard it was an open indoor-outdoor campus with "hallways" actually outside.

You will NEVER get to the bottom of what makes these people tic, much less come to any sustainable ideas on how to curb this violence when you put out these ridiculous political straw man arguments.

Most of these killers are first & foremost mentally disturbed. That is the underlying issue. Not ISIS, not Democrats, not Republicans, not conservatism, not liberalism, not ANTIFA, not MS13...etc

Their mental health is the source of their anger and the driver behind their actions. Address THAT and you are on the right path.

I bet you a thousand bucks that most of these nutjobs could not define conservatism or liberalism much less apply their principles in their own lives. They are "lost" both emotionally & physically.

I used to be one of these kids. A complete loser with no direction in my life and everything I did revolved around my own selfishness & looking for attention. I NEVER thought about politics or the principles it espouses. Everything was about me.

You all chase your tails in circles trying to place the blame in all the wrong places and as a result nothing is ever done.

People who perform violence for political means usually group up together to do it, or at least discuss it.

The "lone wolf" type killer just means he/she does their killing themselves, usually you find out they belong to some fringe organization or group.

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. How did he pull a fire alarm without getting inside, and how did he get inside? Unless they had fire alarms outside the buildings? I heard it was an open indoor-outdoor campus with "hallways" actually outside.
I heard a spokesman for the school saying all access to the school is restricted through the front office. No one has explained how he got around that, but maybe they haven't figured it out yet.

To the government, it's much better to protect illegal immigrants, refugees, and to spend time and money on senseless deadly costly wars on foreign soil. In the U.S., children, the elderly, Vets, those living in poverty, the homeless, and justice, take a backseat to more important issues such as locking people up for possession of a plant, and protecting members of law enforcement that slaughter innocent citizens on our streets.

Only a complete idiot would believe that state governments, and the federal government, actually give a damn about us or our children. In this country, citizens are looked at as a source for votes and tax revenue, and that's it, nothing else.

To the government, it's much better to protect illegal immigrants, refugees, and to spend time and money on senseless deadly costly wars on foreign soil. In the U.S., children, the elderly, Vets, those living in poverty, the homeless, and justice, take a backseat to more important issues such as locking people up for possession of a plant, and protecting members of law enforcement that slaughter innocent citizens on our streets.

Only a complete idiot would believe that state governments, and the federal government, actually give a damn about us or our children. In this country, citizens are looked at as a source for votes and tax revenue, and that's it, nothing else.

That's pretty fuckin g foul.

Apparently the shooter had attended that High School so he knew his way around. What's extra disturbing is that somebody reported to the FBI some time ago, that this freak was making threats to shot up the school. The FBI told the school who says the guy was prohibited to enter the campus with a backpack.

Apparently the shooter had attended that High School so he knew his way around. What's extra disturbing is that somebody reported to the FBI some time ago, that this freak was making threats to shot up the school. The FBI told the school who says the guy was prohibited to enter the campus with a backpack.
The school's officials are idiots. He was expelled, walked right in and shot up the kids. It really is as simple as that. Their security was totally lacking.

There is no political solution. Legal gun ownership in America is nothing new, but mass shootings weren't a common occurrence in the 50s. How do you legislate respect for life and basic human decency? So long as the degenerate left dominates our media and educational landscape, redefining what it means to be human, people are only going to become more and more nihilistic and depraved.

Well, congress on both sides have cut mental health so bad that you have to be suicidal to even be assessed in the hospital , pushed out with bullshit meds with no return to the doctor..

Mental health has been FU for years and years..

This seriously needs to be addressed before the fake opiode war because most addicted are either self medicating or have mental health issues..

All of this is cut back by the GOP for these kids to get the help that they need..

It would mean finding common ground, which wont work. So, basically, its bullshit.

I heard he "shot his way in"
I have no idea what they meant by that. I can only speculate.

The school's officials are idiots. He was expelled, walked right in and shot up the kids. It really is as simple as that. Their security was totally lacking.
The security guard tried. And died for it.

Me and a co worker were just discussing this. I said if people were shooting back it wouldnt have been so bad. Maybe even stopped him before a death. His reply was, "how is a 9 round pistol going to stop a 30 round semi automatic?"
my response? "who said there would be only one pistol?"

The security guard tried. And died for it.

Was he armed? I'm hearing he wasn't. If not he should have been

Forum List

Back