Combined Thread: "Solutions" for mass shootings. Gun Control, Mental Health, School Security, etc

I had a coach in high school. He lost his temper, and decked a student bigger than he was, breaking his nose and giving him a concussion. Would someone like him be allowed to carry a gun, too?
They're supposed to go by that alone ?:auiqs.jpg: :dig:

The only gun debate is why am I not allowed to buy a factory fresh brand spanking new fully automatic military spec assault rifle....

My human rights are being violated

Poor baby.....

I had a coach in high school. He lost his temper, and decked a student bigger than he was, breaking his nose and giving him a concussion. Would someone like him be allowed to carry a gun, too?
/—-/ No because that coach shouldn’t be allowed to work anywhere near children.

...and you know how to predict people's behavior before allowing them to walk around in our schools with a gun, how?

Response: Not all rights in the Bill of Rights are unlimited. Scalia spelled that out in Heller, and laws to restrict certain Felons, those who have been detained as a danger to themselves or others, do not have that Right.
:lol:
Why do you believe that, because rights have limits, any and every limit placed on a right is constitutional?
:lol:

Half-Truth ^^^. When the government agents decide they have Probable Cause (PC) to secure a warrant, having guns is something all LE is concerned with, for many of us have attended funeral services of men and women murdered by firearms while serving and protecting the community.
And yet, in states that have universal registration, pre-checking the gun registry is not part of the SOP for serving a warrant.
Criminals who obtain weapons illegally will not register them

Reckless drivers will obtain cars by theft or purchase and not register them. Which is why a bill of sale will be sent by the seller to the St. Dept of Motor Vehicles. Why should a gun be any different?
/—-/ Because owning a car is not a right, owning a gun is.

Statement: "Because owning a car is not a right, owning a gun is"

Response: Not all rights in the Bill of Rights are unlimited. Scalia spelled that out in Heller, and laws to restrict certain Felons, those who have been detained as a danger to themselves or others, do not have that Right.

Yes......felons.....you want to apply laws against people who did not commit any crime. Do you understand how that doesn't work? Nothing you posted....

Which is why a bill of sale will be sent by the seller to the St. Dept of Motor Vehicles.

Applies to what you just posted...

and laws to restrict certain Felons, those who have been detained as a danger to themselves or others,

Our ideas actually work, yours are just designed to attack law abiding gun owners who commit no crime.

/—-/ No because that coach shouldn’t be allowed to work anywhere near children.

...and you know how to predict people's behavior before allowing them to walk around in our schools with a gun, how?

You don't have to......if they commit a crime with a gun on school grounds or anywhere else you arrest them.......right now, those people who are going to commit crimes with guns on school grounds will do it without regard to the current laws...

You have no point....you have no argument.

My daughter got her concealed carry permit and she is a teacher. I told her that in a active shooter, she is to lock the door and no one is allowed into the room unless it is all clear. If someone tries to come in without the all clear, she is to empty the magazine.

Forum List

Back