Combat!! starring Vic Morrow and Rick Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
realistic war series - called the Germans "krauts"

good stuff

Morrow got behehead in a TwilightZone movie accident

Combat! is one of my favorite shows. I own the complete set on DVD.

6183P5CZVFL.jpg

realistic war series - called the Germans "krauts"

good stuff

Morrow got behehead in a TwilightZone movie accident

Hinze bein heiden! What the hell does that mean?

Comeenzi here? Two of my favorite kraut expressions from Combat LOL.

Yeah we loved that show. Played war games all the time.

WW2 TV series in the mid 1960s

about when we played to win

I used to love that show.

Being a nearly full time latchkey kid, (usually alone at nights since both parents typically both had two jobs) I'd build a fortress out of the cushions of our couch, pull out my rifles (yes, real rifles, I was an NRA kid and I was the sole owner of any firearms in my house) and help Vic and company kill NAZIs.

No, I never accidently shot my TV.

EVerything I ever shot I was aiming to shoot.

Vic Morrow died being a hero.

Was trying to protect one of the child actors during The Twilight Zone The Movie helicopter accident.

In our neighborhood, we'd often assume the identities of our TV heros because of our looks/mannerisms.
Kirby, Guage, Saunders, Hanley. Yeah- big 'hood - lots of kids. We'd separate into teams of 8-10 and scatter to opposite ends of the street with an objective somewhere in the middle - like Mr. Sutton's backyard trash barrel LOL. The better-off kids had store bought weapons (maybe a Johnny 7). Most of us used sticks. Most often it all ended in a big arguement as to who shot whom, when and where. No we won. No WE WON. LOL great memories.

You couldn't make a Combat series about Nam

Enemy didnt fight like men

failed 1968 Tet Offensive - major enemy offensive

abysmal failure

failed 1968 Tet Offensive - major enemy offensive

abysmal failure
Although we had brought N. Vietnam to the negotiating table through LineBacker I and LineBacker II Bombing campaigns, it was the US government (Henry Kissinger in particular) that was the abysmal failure. Not the North.

Apparently we never lost one battle in Vietnam. But that didn't make the V.C. an unworthy opponent.

Our family watched Combat every week. Loved the show.

Also liked Tour of Duty.

Vietnam wasn't lost on the battlefield. In fact I don't think the VC ever won a major battle. That war was lost by the politicians with the help of the anti-war movement in America.

My cousin did 3 tours in Nam. He was pointman on patrols and spent a lot of time up near th DMZ. He said the VC and the NV Regulars were tough, good fighters and he should know.

Hell. My brother would love to take one more trip to Vietnam in a B-52. He would love to have Jane Fonda with him so he could throw her out the bomb bay door. He is not a fan.

Last edited:
Good ole Combat and The Rat Patrol

By the end of the 60s we had Hogan's Heros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back