Combat engineer for the USMC

Right now as a basic engineer your MOS is 1300. When you finish training you'll have a specialty. I don't recall any of the others (my time was the mid-1950s) but my specialty was 1345, which is heavy equipment operator.

You will receive training in various engineering functions. If you're good at math you could learn surveying. As a bulldozer operator I lucked out and was permanently assigned to artillery where I was left pretty much alone except for field maneuvers when I dug gun pits and pulled vehicles out of mudholes.

Engineers lay landing strips, erect quonset huts and Butler buildings, cut roads, prepare landing beaches ("shore party") etc. You will learn how to use explosives but under the present circumstances I would not recommend pushing for that specialty (EOD) unless you're really Gung-Ho and want to end up in the Middle East disarming IEDs.

Good luck and Semper Fi.

I was wondering if anybody could give me any additional info. on bein a combat engineer. The Marines gave me this job but i dont ship out til june of next year and i dont know much about this job.

Say what? The Marines "gave" you the job? You mean a recruiter promised you a certain MOS? Did you get in writing? Have you been through Boot Camp? Relax maggot, you will find out soon enough.

I was wondering if anybody could give me any additional info. on bein a combat engineer. The Marines gave me this job but i dont ship out til june of next year and i dont know much about this job.

Say what? The Marines "gave" you the job? You mean a recruiter promised you a certain MOS? Did you get in writing? Have you been through Boot Camp? Relax maggot, you will find out soon enough.
:eusa_angel:

Your comment about President Obama makes me think you are not the right material to be a U.S. Marine. My guess is you will not make it thru boot camp.

Obama was POTUS in 2008? Damn, I so did not know that.

You might want to address current topics instead of digging up old threads from 2008 and whining. Otherwise, you make yourself look below average intelligence.

Your comment about President Obama makes me think you are not the right material to be a U.S. Marine. My guess is you will not make it thru boot camp.

Obama was POTUS in 2008? Damn, I so did not know that.

You might want to address current topics instead of digging up old threads from 2008 and whining. Otherwise, you make yourself look below average intelligence.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:talk about a knee jerk reaction....you should of just let him go on and on CG...we need some comedy around here...;)

Forum List

Back