Columbus Day

I'm off. Having a good day. The crock pot has stew in it and I'm making an apple crisp. I may even make a pan of apple slices, as the kids brought home literally baskets of apples from the orchard.

Yum! I'm going to the doctor on my day off, good times, good times......

But............

I did get to sleep in until 9 am today! :)

Last edited:
I not only celebrate Christopher Colombus day, I think we ought to have a Vasco Núñez de Baboa day, a Hernado Cortez Day, a Vasco De Gama Day, and an Hernado De Soto day, too.

One simply cannot have too many patriotic holidays as far as I'm concerned.

I'm off. Having a good day. The crock pot has stew in it and I'm making an apple crisp. I may even make a pan of apple slices, as the kids brought home literally baskets of apples from the orchard.

make apple butter in the crock pot. just core the apples...pile in...add a wee bit of water....cook for 8 hours or so....mash if needed...put into sterilzed jars and hot water bath for 30 minutes. some people add red hots for sugar and cinnomon. just spice to your tastes.

make apple butter in the crock pot. just core the apples...pile in...add a wee bit of water....cook for 8 hours or so....mash if needed...put into sterilzed jars and hot water bath for 30 minutes. some people add red hots for sugar and cinnomon. just spice to your tastes.

Sounds good, thanks!

Whats your policy on Columbus day?

We work...

Really?? The guy discovered the new world! I am afraid to ask about Victory over Japan day.

What's your recipie?

Stew? Well I'm on low sodium, so not as good as it used to be :( :

Stew meat
new potatoes, quartered
carrots
onions
leeks
garlic
corn
peas
beans

1/2 C Cabernet
Box of low sodium/low fat beef broth
bit of salt
pepper
bay leaf

Cook til dinner time. Thicken gravy with flour & cold water or corn starch. LOL! With stew it's kind of what you like and have on hand.

If you don't have to watch sodium, use a teaspoon or so of salt, to taste. Regular beef broth. Heck, I'll probably throw some red pepper flakes on it for zip.

Heh. I'm off work today AND my bank's open. :D

Well, when your bank is also your post office, restaurant, doctor's office, bowling alley, shoe shop and pharmacy, of course it is!

That's small town living! :lol:

You have a shoe shop???

Yeah, I got these there, you like?

$redstilettos.jpg

I love it, the Columbus Day thread has gone from apple and stew recipe's to fmr shoes!

Next topic, Ohio $tate:

Is it the only thing people in Columbus, Ohio have to live for? :confused:

Forum List

Back