Columbo

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
So I LOVE "Columbo" and they could not do updated and/or new versions because Peter Falk IS/WAS Columbo he made that character his own.

And here are four full episodes all excellent.

"Murder By The Book" from 1971 and features Jack Cassidy (father of David Cassidy)

The duration of the below is one hour and fifteen minutes and in excellent picture quality.

"Try And Catch Me" from 1977 and features Ruth Gordon "Rosemary's Baby" (1968) "Harold And Maude" (1971) etc

The duration of the below is one hour and fourteen minutes and in excellent picture quality.

"Any Old Port In A Storm" from 1973 and features Donald Pleasence "Hell Is A City" (1960) "Cul-de-Sac" (1966) etc

The duration of the below is one hour and thirty five minutes and in excellent picture quality.

"Death Lends A Hand" from 1971 and features Robert Culp "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice" (1969) "The Pelican Brief" (1993) etc and also features Ray Milland "The Uninvited" (1944) "The Lost Weekend" (1945) "Dial M For Murder" (1954) "The Man With The X Ray Eyes" (1963) etc

The duration of the below is one hour and sixteen minutes and in excellent picture quality.

Also to add a friend send me the below American TV film from 1973 which I think very entertaining.

"The Devil's Daughter" 1973 and features Shelley Winters, Joseph Cotten, Belinda Montgomery, Diane Ladd, Abe Vigoda (who was Salvatore Tessio in "The Godfather" 1972) and Ian Wolfe who was a character actor in many many old films in the 1930's, 1940's and 1950's.

The duration of the below is one hour and fourteen minutes.

Last edited:
A fine choice, Oosie. :thup:

You can't beat Columbo's car. That was the best part. You can't beat it because it was already beat.

I always liked how they presented crime stories without gratuitious violence or demonizing people.

• Banned

You can't beat Columbo's car. That was the best part. You can't beat it because it was already beat.

I always liked how they presented crime stories without gratuitious violence or demonizing people.

It is a 1959 Peugeot 403 convertible.

columbo%20with%20peugeot_0.jpg

Here below a 1959 Peugeot 403 convertible in excellent condition:

medium_peugeot-403-grande-luxe-convertible-cabriolet-roadster-1959-grey-for-sale.jpg

Yes no demonising and also NO POLITICS and political causes invading episodes and RUINING things.

A friend is sending me all these American TV films made for American TV in the early to mid 1970s I have just got TWO with the GREAT Barbara Stanwyck in "The House That Would Not Die" (1970) and "A Taste Of Evil" (1971)

The below the duration is one hour and eleven minutes and in excellent picture quality.

The below the duration is one hour and fourteen minutes and in okay picture quality.

And also they send me "When Michael Calls" (1972) it features Ben Gazzara and Michael Douglas.

The below duration is one hour and ten minutes and in excellent picture quality.

It is a 1959 Peugeot 403 convertible.

columbo%20with%20peugeot_0.jpg

Here below a 1959 Peugeot 403 convertible in excellent condition:

medium_peugeot-403-grande-luxe-convertible-cabriolet-roadster-1959-grey-for-sale.jpg

Yes no demonising and also NO POLITICS and political causes invading episodes and RUINING things.

A friend is sending me all these American TV films made for American TV in the early to mid 1970s I have just got TWO with the GREAT Barbara Stanwyck in "The House That Would Not Die" (1970) and "A Taste Of Evil" (1971)

>> While Death lends a Hand was in the planning stages, Levinson and Link decided that Columbo should have a dilapidated car to fit his personality. Falk resisted this idea. Columbo already had the wife, the cigar and the raincoat. That was enough. No more gimmicks were needed. Peter looked at cars on the Universal backlot there was every make and model imaginable he did not like any of them. It was the day before they were to start shooting way at the back "I just saw the nose of a car sticking out", it didn’t even run, it did not have an engine but Falk said "This is the one".​

car5.jpg

The car was the closest thing the series had to a regular supporting player. It would appear in most of the episodes. Twice the car was involved in accidents: a fender-bender at the beginning of A Matter of Honor and a spectacular collision with speeding police cars in Make me a perfect Murder. In several episodes, the car serves as a rich source of humor Short Fuse, Etude in Black, Negative reaction. <<​

It’s the televised necropolis.

It’s remarkable to consider that after more than forty years these and other programs retain their ‘watchability’ – as opposed to programs just a decade earlier.

• Banned

It’s remarkable to consider that after more than forty years these and other programs retain their ‘watchability’ – as opposed to programs just a decade earlier.

Yes.

I think though that "The Twilight Zone" (1959-1964) is still as interesting today, every episode or nearly every episode is great and every episode is designed to make your brain be activated there is intelligence about "The Twilight Zone" and also every episode the story has a moral to it.

So I LOVE "Columbo" and they could not do updated and/or new versions because Peter Falk IS/WAS Columbo he made that character his own.

And here are four full episodes all excellent.

"Murder By The Book" from 1971 and features Jack Cassidy (father of David Cassidy)

The duration of the below is one hour and fifteen minutes and in excellent picture quality.

"Try And Catch Me" from 1977 and features Ruth Gordon "Rosemary's Baby" (1968) "Harold And Maude" (1971) etc

The duration of the below is one hour and fourteen minutes and in excellent picture quality.

"Any Old Port In A Storm" from 1973 and features Donald Pleasence "Hell Is A City" (1960) "Cul-de-Sac" (1966) etc

The duration of the below is one hour and thirty five minutes and in excellent picture quality.

"Death Lends A Hand" from 1971 and features Robert Culp "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice" (1969) "The Pelican Brief" (1993) etc and also features Ray Milland "The Uninvited" (1944) "The Lost Weekend" (1945) "Dial M For Murder" (1954) "The Man With The X Ray Eyes" (1963) etc

The duration of the below is one hour and sixteen minutes and in excellent picture quality.

Also to add a friend send me the below American TV film from 1973 which I think very entertaining.

"The Devil's Daughter" 1973 and features Shelley Winters, Joseph Cotten, Belinda Montgomery, Diane Ladd, Abe Vigoda (who was Salvatore Tessio in "The Godfather" 1972) and Ian Wolfe who was a character actor in many many old films in the 1930's, 1940's and 1950's.

The duration of the below is one hour and fourteen minutes.

I watched those with my folks as a kid.

"Oh, just one more question...."

Yes.

I think though that "The Twilight Zone" (1959-1964) is still as interesting today, every episode or nearly every episode is great and every episode is designed to make your brain be activated there is intelligence about "The Twilight Zone" and also every episode the story has a moral to it.

Rod Serling was a genius who was called away too soon.

Perhaps his most compelling sermon that still applies so much to the current state of the world is this one from 1960.

I guess YouTube doesn't have the program (any more) but basically some aliens come down and start switching the town's power on and off with no explanation. Pretty soon all the neighbors come out and start blaming and killing each other.

Yes.

The writing for the original series was incomparably excellent. Serling, Richard Matheson, Charles Beaumont, Earl Hamner, Ray Bradbury etc.

Today's Hollywood writers are mostly hacks.

Columbo shows were some of the best
done very well
acting superb and murderers were usually well casted
one of my favorites is Murder Under Glass - ending was superb --one of the better ones

Yes.

TZone was also done very well with great camera angles/shots/etc

Forum List

Back