Columbine 10 Years Later

One of the saddest days ever. Those poor kids in that school were so scared that day.

The Columbine shootings happened during my Senior year in high school. I was sitting in class with everyone else, watching the news-- wearing my black trenchcoat and my t-shirt that said "Shut Up Or Die" on it.

The next two months were extremely difficult, and it is a blessing that I was allowed to graduate at all.

I remember being scared to death to go to school for a month after it happened. Being pretty young I didn't grasp that no one in my elementary school was really capable of something like that, but it was terrifying nonetheless.

How shocking was this to you when it first happened?

I can't believe it was 10 years ago.

Two Pastors Haunted by Columbine | Newsweek National News | Newsweek.com
Giving the fact I was in high school when all the school shooting started happening and live two and half hours where the first one of our time happened it was scary to be in high school.
One day we had a bank robbery and pipe bomb explosion at the strip mall next to my high school, we of course went into a Lock Down which is where you lock your classroom door and move to a far wall so you are nice and ready for when they come to get you. I was up on the third floor and we had no idea what was really going on for almost an hour. We ended up staying in our classrooms until an hour after school got out and we had to turn on the radio to find out that there wasn't someone shooting up our school.

Forum List

Back