Columbia School of Journalism Comes Out Against Prosecution of Julian Assange

Why is that?

Oh, I know you are going to run away again, but I still had to ask! :lol:

You're such an idiot, it's almost painful to watch.

They aren't defending him because he's a 'journalist'.... they're worried about what such a prosecution would lead to. Assange is not a journalist. He never has been a journalist. He never will be a journalist. Journalists know that.... they just don't want their own 'free pass' to be limited by the prosecution of this asshole. I would have thought that was clear - to anyone with an IQ over room temperature.... that explains why you need to have it pointed out to you.

At the risk of repeating myself.... Idiot.
spitting.gif

Yea, it must be hard to argue with cold, hard logic. You whine that I 'run away'.... but when I do provide you with logic and fact to back up my comments, this is the kind of response I get.

Now, don't bitch about me 'running away' again, little man. My time is valuable - I don't waste it on morons. That's not 'running away', it's not wasting my time on fucking idiots.

You're such an idiot, it's almost painful to watch.

They aren't defending him because he's a 'journalist'.... they're worried about what such a prosecution would lead to. Assange is not a journalist. He never has been a journalist. He never will be a journalist. Journalists know that.... they just don't want their own 'free pass' to be limited by the prosecution of this asshole. I would have thought that was clear - to anyone with an IQ over room temperature.... that explains why you need to have it pointed out to you.

At the risk of repeating myself.... Idiot.
spitting.gif

Yea, it must be hard to argue with cold, hard logic. You whine that I 'run away'.... but when I do provide you with logic and fact to back up my comments, this is the kind of response I get.

Now, don't bitch about me 'running away' again, little man. My time is valuable - I don't waste it on morons. That's not 'running away', it's not wasting my time on fucking idiots.
What facts? You offered wrong opinions, that's all.

Damn, you're fucking stupid.

Leftists sure do love leftist criminals, don't they?
Bring to light the corruption in the United States government and military and you're vilified as a traitor.

How ass-backwards. I guess some folks just want to keep the truth suppressed as these lying scumbags get away with anything they wish to.

What is the unlawful publication of state secrets then?

Does it depend on whether you agree with the government?

Which university did Assange get his degree in Journalism from? Which media outlets has he worked for?

Read your own fucking article, Synthia. The only reason they're defending him is because of the potential negative impact on real journalists, should Assange be tried and convicted. Frankly, I don't give a flying fuck what a bunch of journalists think - they have their own agenda for 'defending' him.... and it sure as hell isn't because they agree with him.

You're embarrassingly stupid.

Bring to light the corruption in the United States government and military and you're vilified as a traitor.

How ass-backwards. I guess some folks just want to keep the truth suppressed as these lying scumbags get away with anything they wish to.

Kinda depends on whose government the publisher is subject to.

Which university did Assange get his degree in Journalism from? Which media outlets has he worked for?

Read your own fucking article, Synthia. The only reason they're defending him is because of the potential negative impact on real journalists, should Assange be tried and convicted. Frankly, I don't give a flying fuck what a bunch of journalists think - they have their own agenda for 'defending' him.... and it sure as hell isn't because they agree with him.

Don't run away yet - I'm still waiting for your 'facts'.

You wont get a valid response.... just stupid rhetoric from those who accuse us of it :eusa_whistle:

Too late, I guess.

Oh well. There will be plenty of other threads for CowardGirl to run from.

Too late, I guess.

Give her some time.... she might actually be a productive citizen with a job and a life.

Just sayin'

What "corruption" has been exposed? NOTE: "Corruption" does NOT mean "anything the left doesn't like".

Meanwhile, what is your opinion of Private Manning, who violated his oath of enlistment, his non-disclosure agreement, and Federal law?

Too late, I guess.

You mean like you're running away from her questions, coward?

Which university did Assange get his degree in Journalism from? Which media outlets has he worked for?​

Too late, I guess.

Which university did Assange get his degree in Journalism from? Which media outlets has he worked for?​

I don't expect answers to hard questions. I know a lot of journalists, not one of them refers to Assange as a journalist.... because he is not, has never been, and will never be a journalist.

Too late, I guess.

Give her some time.... she might actually be a productive citizen with a job and a life.

Just sayin'

She is indeed. She has actual articles to write - for actual legitimate newspapers and magazines.... and she's not even a journalist. :lol:

Synthia gets pissy if she doesn't get an immediate response.... fact is, she bores me. She ignores facts, preferring to base her opinions on fiction.

Too late, I guess.

I don't expect answers to hard questions. I know a lot of journalists, not one of them refers to Assange as a journalist.... because he is not, has never been, and will never be a journalist.
Synth thinks he is. But he's not very bright.

What "corruption" has been exposed? NOTE: "Corruption" does NOT mean "anything the left doesn't like".

Meanwhile, what is your opinion of Private Manning, who violated his oath of enlistment, his non-disclosure agreement, and Federal law?
Really? When was the trial?

Dumbass.

Dumbass.
:lol: "He confessed, but he didn't really mean it!"

Dumbass. :lol: If there's a wrong side to an issue, you will jump on it with both feet.

Too late, I guess.

A degree in journalism is not a requirement.

He writes for WikiLeaks.org. How is that different from Rand Paul saying that he is accredited even though he invented the rival certification board that accredited him?

Amnesty announces Media Awards 2009 winners

NEW MEDIA
Kenya: The Cry of Blood - Extra Judicial Killings and Disappearances, Wikileaks
Julian Assange
JUDGES: Sara Ashton, Peter Barron, Sunny Hundal, Martha Lane Fox, Danielle Long

And:

Yes, Julian Assange Is A Journalist

I'm not sure I understand the Wikileaks controversy. If one of the many definitions of news is (and always has been) that it is something that someone, somewhere does not want you to know then, yes, Julian Assange is a journalist. Perhaps newsman would be a better, more strictly accurate way of putting it.

And:

Julian Paul Assange (
11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png
/əˈsɑːnʒ/ ə-SAHNZH; born 3 July 1971) is an Australian publisher, journalist, software developer and Internet activist. He is the spokesperson and editor in chief for WikiLeaks, a whistleblower website and conduit for news leaks. He has lived in several countries, and has made occasional public appearances to speak about freedom of the press, censorship, and investigative journalism.

Let me know when you would like another slapdown. I'm only happy to oblige.

Last edited:

Dumbass.
:lol: "He confessed, but he didn't really mean it!"

Dumbass. :lol: If there's a wrong side to an issue, you will jump on it with both feet.
Yeah, you ignored the whole list of people who confessed to crimes they didn't commit, in that other thread about Assange.

Why is that?

Dumbass.

Too late, I guess.

Just sayin'
Ok - I gave her time, and she STILL hasn't showed us the 'facts' she claimed to offer back in post #21.

Maybe she needs even more time?

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Too late, I guess.

A degree in journalism is not a requirement.

He writes for WikiLeaks.org. How is that different from Rand Paul saying that he is accredited even though he invented the rival certification board that accredited him?

Amnesty announces Media Awards 2009 winners

NEW MEDIA
Kenya: The Cry of Blood - Extra Judicial Killings and Disappearances, Wikileaks
Julian Assange
JUDGES: Sara Ashton, Peter Barron, Sunny Hundal, Martha Lane Fox, Danielle Long

And:

Yes, Julian Assange Is A Journalist

I'm not sure I understand the Wikileaks controversy. If one of the many definitions of news is (and always has been) that it is something that someone, somewhere does not want you to know then, yes, Julian Assange is a journalist. Perhaps newsman would be a better, more strictly accurate way of putting it.

And:

Julian Paul Assange (
11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png
/əˈsɑːnʒ/ ə-SAHNZH; born 3 July 1971) is an Australian publisher, journalist, software developer and Internet activist. He is the spokesperson and editor in chief for WikiLeaks, a whistleblower website and conduit for news leaks. He has lived in several countries, and has made occasional public appearances to speak about freedom of the press, censorship, and investigative journalism.

Let me know when you would like another slapdown. I'm only happy to oblige.
This is especially hilarious. You don't even know what your opinion is.
Assange might call himself a journalist. I could call myself the Queen of England - wouldn't make it true. Assange is not a journalist. He has no degree in journalism, he has not worked as a journalist.... in fact, between him and me, I'd be more accurately described as a journalist than him. But don't let facts get in your way.
A better description of Assange would be 'publisher'.
Now you claim he's a journalist.

Maybe you ought to stop posting until you have a clear idea what's going on and a rational opinion about it. :lol:

Oh, and:

"Modern Ghana"? Really? You had to go all the way to some blogger in Ghana to find someone who calls him a journalist?

Do you know how ridiculous you are?

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif
Is the guy not a moonbat, as I said he was? And what about the other two links? Just going to pretend they're not there?

Amnesty International says he is. Are you going to dismiss them?

The Center for Investigative Journalism says he is. Are you going to dismiss them?

The Spectator says he is. Are you going to dismiss them?

Do you know how ridiculous you are?

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif
...I found those links first. You're welcome. :lol:

Forum List

Back