Columbia offers ‘Occupy 101’

:lol:

I wonder if they know that the Cub and Boy Scouts of America can do a better job?

Set up tents, fire building, cleaning up, loyalty, honor, dignity.

oh wait

The last three need a link to dictionary.com and a few examples for the mentally libtarded.

Seriously though, Columbia is officially off my childrens list of schools.

You have a chance to actually go to any of the sites? I did. Zucotti park was remarkably clean and well organized. And you'd probably be surprised to learn that places like Chase bank offered their restroom facilities up to protesters.

You didn't happen to see this then....

Attachments

• $zuchotti park.jpg
    $zuchotti park.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 46
Does getting pepper-sprayed count as extra credit?

Columbia University is offering a new course on Occupy Wall Street next semester — sending upperclassmen and grad students into the field for full course credit.

The class is taught by Dr. Hannah Appel, who boasts about her nights camped out in Zuccotti Park.

As many as 30 students will be expected to get involved in ongoing OWS projects outside the classroom, the syllabus says.

Read more: Columbia University professor to teach class on Occupy Wall Street - NYPOST.com

I wonder if they have to sign a waiver limiting liability in the event of rape, STDs, or fecal-borne diseases. :cuckoo:

Why is that?

Do you live under a rock?

‘Occupy Cleveland’ Protester Alleges She Was Raped « CBS Cleveland
New York News, Local Video, Traffic, Weather, NY City Schools and Photos - Homepage - NY Daily News
Whoa: Occupy Baltimore Doesn't Want Police Involved for Rape - Kate Hicks
Sexual Assault Occurs at 'Occupy Cleveland'? - Fox News Video - Fox News
Woman raped in tent at Glasgow George Square protest camp | Glasgow and West | STV News
» Woman Says She Was Raped at #OccupyBaltimore, Begs for Protest to Be Shut Down - Big Government
Occupy Wall Street kitchen worker charged with groping a female protester, suspected in rape - NYPOST.com
Man arrested in Occupy Philly sexual assault | 6abc.com

Ah..so..studying large social movements, such as protests and the like isn't a viable topic.

What other things are "laughable". Reading? Writing? Science?
This isn't anthropology -- it's political activism.

You went to college right?

When I went there were courses offered in the Social Sciences that examined Rhetorical strategies used for and against wars, urban poverty, media manipulation of the news and all sorts of things.

It seems entirely valid to understand why big protest movements happen. It would be just as valid to study the Tea Party as well.

I must have missed all those classes when I went to college.

Then again, I went to a school that did not offer liberal arts degrees, which are useless in the real world.

:lol:

I wonder if they know that the Cub and Boy Scouts of America can do a better job?

Set up tents, fire building, cleaning up, loyalty, honor, dignity.

oh wait

The last three need a link to dictionary.com and a few examples for the mentally libtarded.

Seriously though, Columbia is officially off my childrens list of schools.

You have a chance to actually go to any of the sites? I did. Zucotti park was remarkably clean and well organized. And you'd probably be surprised to learn that places like Chase bank offered their restroom facilities up to protesters.

To be fair, there was a clear dividing line between the elite of Zuccotti Park and the rest of it, he probably visited the good part and ignored the stench from the other part.

Occupy Wall Street Divided - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 11/16/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Yes and to be fair, at Occupy Philly there was only one rape (reported) and a clear dividing line between the "Radical Caucus" and the "Reasonable Solutions Working Group".

Reasonable Solutions was eventually kicked out of the camp. :cuckoo:

Yes and to be fair, at Occupy Philly there was only one rape (reported) and a clear dividing line between the "Radical Caucus" and the "Reasonable Solutions Working Group".

Reasonable Solutions was eventually kicked out of the camp. :cuckoo:
That's because unreasonable people aren't interested in reasonable solutions.

To be fair, there was a clear dividing line between the elite of Zuccotti Park and the rest of it, he probably visited the good part and ignored the stench from the other part.

Occupy Wall Street Divided - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 11/16/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

I can't believe I missed that episode! Some great quotes to be had...

"So you've been here 8 weeks and you allready have a ghetto?!"

"is there a course in condescenion that everyone is taking here?"

Ah..so..studying large social movements, such as protests and the like isn't a viable topic.

If this were an assignment as part of a Sociology class I would agree with you, but it's not. This is an entire course within of itself. Did they offer the same thing for the tea party protests? :lol: Of course not. This is not education, this is indoctrination.

This is why people are graduating school with mountains of debt and yet still don't have the skills to function in the real world.

If this were an assignment as part of a Sociology class I would agree with you, but it's not. This is an entire course within of itself. Did they offer the same thing for the tea party protests? :lol: Of course not. This is not education, this is indoctrination.

This is why people are graduating school with mountains of debt and yet still don't have the skills to function in the real world.

Sure they can function. They have a brilliant future in the fast food and gourmet coffee industries.

The graduate with a Science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an Engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an Accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with a Liberal Arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

The cost for one year of undergraduate education at Columbia is roughly $53,345 all in. That includes room, board, books, tuition, and fees. Divide that by how many credit hours a normal student takes (32/yr) and you arrive at $1667.03 per credit hour. Masters students pay more per credit hour for their classes.

If you are borrowing money to go to school, the actual cost of the credit hour goes up because it will cost you more when you repay the loan. And if you are on government aid, the American taxpayer gets to pay for it!

Given that the Occupy Wall Street class is a three credit hour class, it costs an undergrad $5001.09 to learn how to camp out in a park and beat a drum while articulating a far left manifesto. I shouldn’t forget to mention that the student ought to consider what a future employer might think when they see that class on a transcript.

Columbia Teaches How to "Occupy" at $5001.09 - Jeff Carter - Townhall Finance

The cost for one year of undergraduate education at Columbia is roughly $53,345 all in. That includes room, board, books, tuition, and fees. Divide that by how many credit hours a normal student takes (32/yr) and you arrive at $1667.03 per credit hour. Masters students pay more per credit hour for their classes.

If you are borrowing money to go to school, the actual cost of the credit hour goes up because it will cost you more when you repay the loan. And if you are on government aid, the American taxpayer gets to pay for it!

Given that the Occupy Wall Street class is a three credit hour class, it costs an undergrad $5001.09 to learn how to camp out in a park and beat a drum while articulating a far left manifesto. I shouldn’t forget to mention that the student ought to consider what a future employer might think when they see that class on a transcript.

Columbia Teaches How to "Occupy" at $5001.09 - Jeff Carter - Townhall Finance
Just shows how disconnected from reality leftwing academia is. :eusa_clap:

There must be a hundred old revolutionaries out there who could offer their expertise to the modern revolutionary generation. I guess a few still have enough brain cells left. Professor Bernadine Dohrn could give a class on planning a heist to finance the OWS. Van Jones could give a class on converting to communism in a jail cell and of course Bill Ayers on bomb making 101.

There must be a hundred old revolutionaries out there who could offer their expertise to the modern revolutionary generation. I guess a few still have enough brain cells left. Professor Bernadine Dohrn could give a class on planning a heist to finance the OWS. Van Jones could give a class on converting to communism in a jail cell and of course Bill Ayers on bomb making 101.
The students could get extra credit for writing a paper on which "political prisoner" they consider a role model: Mumia Abu-Jamal or Leonard Peltier.

Forum List

Back