Colorado tries to find middle ground in the gay rights issue

c
This is interesting. Two bills being promoted right now in Colorado:

Gay marriage opponents propose 2 Colorado ballot measures - Washington Times

The first would redefine same-sex marriages as civil unions.

The second would allow wedding-related businesses opposed to gay marriage to hire a contractor to serve same-sex couples.

That sounds like reasonable middle ground. Personally, I don't care how they're defined, but the second one does allow someone to avoid being "forced" to go against their beliefs.

Good enough? Or is compromise still a dirty word?

Good enough? In a word, no...
Why not?

Separate is not equal...
Wow, that is deep. You read that off a bumper sticker. I live in Colorado, and this deal is not going to make anyone happy, GAYS want to dominate the debate, and folks that stand for traditional marriage are losing power and find this as a sell out, not a comprise.

You have already lost

Colorado needs to find a way to move on and accept the fact that gays can be married, just like the rest of the country
This is interesting. Two bills being promoted right now in Colorado:

Gay marriage opponents propose 2 Colorado ballot measures - Washington Times

The first would redefine same-sex marriages as civil unions.

The second would allow wedding-related businesses opposed to gay marriage to hire a contractor to serve same-sex couples.

That sounds like reasonable middle ground. Personally, I don't care how they're defined, but the second one does allow someone to avoid being "forced" to go against their beliefs.

Good enough? Or is compromise still a dirty word?

Why not?

Separate is not equal...
Wow, that is deep. You read that off a bumper sticker. I live in Colorado, and this deal is not going to make anyone happy, GAYS want to dominate the debate, and folks that stand for traditional marriage are losing power and find this as a sell out, not a comprise.

You have already lost

Colorado needs to find a way to move on and accept the fact that gays can be married, just like the rest of the country
I didn't lose, America DID. The Supreme court ruling deeming homosexual marriage legal was wrong. In years to come, people will stop being blinded by liberal chic and realize AGAIN that homosexuality is a defect in the optimal biology, not a fictional third sex that needs protection. Right now, this is more like the mad hatter's tea party. Idiots rule the day.

Last edited:
c
Why not?

Separate is not equal...

You have already lost

Why not?

Separate is not equal...

You have already lost

I didn't lose, America DID. The Supreme court ruling deeming homosexual marriage legal was wrong. In years to come, people will stop being blinded by liberal sheik and realize AGAIN that homosexuality is a defect in the optimal biology, not a fictional third sex that needs protection. Right now, this is more like the mad hatter's tea party. Idiots rule the day.
Please go back to the 19th century. Your blind hatred was more accepted then

c
Why not?

Separate is not equal...

You have already lost

Why not?

Separate is not equal...

You have already lost

I didn't lose, America DID. The Supreme court ruling deeming homosexual marriage legal was wrong. In years to come, people will stop being blinded by liberal sheik and realize AGAIN that homosexuality is a defect in the optimal biology, not a fictional third sex that needs protection. Right now, this is more like the mad hatter's tea party. Idiots rule the day.
Hint: change your name to Wrongwinger. Insulting and mockery is not a sign or a rational mind.

c
Separate is not equal...

You have already lost

Separate is not equal...

You have already lost

Hint: change your name to Wrongwinger. Insulting and mockery is not a sign or a rational mind.

Society has passed you by. Your blind hatred of something that has no impact on you is senseless

I didn't lose, America DID. The Supreme court ruling deeming homosexual marriage legal was wrong. In years to come, people will stop being blinded by liberal chic and realize AGAIN that homosexuality is a defect in the optimal biology, not a fictional third sex that needs protection. Right now, this is more like the mad hatter's tea party. Idiots rule the day.

You realize that Same-sex Civil Marriage was already legal by the time the SCOTUS issued their decision. It had been passed by State Courts, it had been passed by State Legislatures, and it had been passed by people at the ballot box and it was recognized by the Federal government.

The Obergefell decision would have not changed legal Civil Marriage in those States at all.

>>>>>

c

You have already lost

You have already lost

Society has passed you by. Your blind hatred of something that has no impact on you is senseless
If you say so. Aren't you modest? Your opinion represents all society and FACTS. I kneel at your feet.

c
You have already lost

You have already lost

If you say so. Aren't you modest? Your opinion represents all society and FACTS. I kneel at your feet.

But guess what?

You are still free to hate anyone you want. You just can't force the government to hate with you

You realize that Same-sex Civil Marriage was already legal by the time the SCOTUS issued their decision. It had been passed by State Courts, it had been passed by State Legislatures, and it had been passed by people at the ballot box and it was recognized by the Federal government.

The Obergefell decision would have not changed legal Civil Marriage in those States at all.

>>>>>
Funny THAT, Obama the great equivocator back in 08 running for office wouldn't recognize homosexual marriage on his running platform, then he flip flops like a character out of a Simpsons episode and accepts it. Jesus, Jesus, what a spineless weasel. He is like the people that voted fore him. Clueless.

cI didn't lose, America DID. The Supreme court ruling deeming homosexual marriage legal was wrong. In years to come, people will stop being blinded by liberal sheik and realize AGAIN that homosexuality is a defect in the optimal biology, not a fictional third sex that needs protection. Right now, this is more like the mad hatter's tea party. Idiots rule the day.

But guess what?

You are still free to hate anyone you want. You just can't force the government to hate with you
Ya know, that hate thing is getting tiresome. Give it up and try using a debate or logic. Not this weenie tactic.

c
You have already lost

You have already lost

Do you have false teeth?

Forum List

Back