Colony on USA

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Great first episode!i love Josh Holloway from Lost.

Aliens take over and impose martial using humans to enforce the lockdown.

It can easily be a metaphor for the Democrat party: 1. Disarm the people, 2. Silence dissent,3. Have an oligarchy of a small elitist class, 4.have a ginormous gov that controls all, 5. End free speech and movement.

Never heard of it, but I see it's showing again at noon today, so I'll take a look

It figures that a right wingnut would see in scifi political metaphor, when you know no history you are easily managed and controlled.

"Kristol was trying to detach conservatism from its schizophrenic devotion to free markets on the one hand and tradition on the other. He knew that you can't revere tradition if you admire the "creative destruction" that capitalism brings to life. He knew that you can't insulate the nuclear family from the heartless logic of the market if you accept the dictates of free enterprise. He knew that conservatism had to become more liberal if it were to sound like something more than hidebound devotion to a phantom past. A "combination of the reforming spirit with the conservative ideal," he declared, "is most desperately wanted," and cited Herbert Croly, the original big government liberal from the Progressive Era, as his source of inspiration.

Kristol also knew that the competitive, entrepreneurial economy Friedman and Hayek posited as the source of freedom was a mere fantasy. Capitalism had long since become a system in which large corporations, not small producers, dominated the market - those anonymous and unknowable laws of supply and demand which once made all producers equally subject to the discipline of market forces had been supplanted by the visible hand of modern management: "There is little doubt that the idea of a (free market,' in the era of large corporations, is not quite the original capitalist idea." Some producers had more market power than, others: some persons (and this is how corporations are legally designated) were more equal than others. So everyone was not "free to choose," as Friedman would have it, simply because he or she inhabited a market society. Corporate capitalism remained a moral problem. For in "its concentration of assets and power-power to make economic decisions affecting the lives of tens of thousands of citizens - it seems to create a dangerous disharmony between the economic system and the political." P11 'The World Turned Inside Out' James Livingston

"Companies achieve great economies, but they do so in part by driving wages down, and over time they will drive wages below the subsistence level unless the government intervenes to prevent them." Adam Smith

OK, I'm an idiot on this, I confess, but where was it determined that aliens took over? Where did I miss that?

That is the premise of the show and they mentioned it several times. They talk about the arrival and the aliens taking out all of Earth's defenses in a few hours.

Could there be a twist and it's not an alien take over and it's really a human take over disguised as an alien take over. Sure but I don't think so.

OK, I'm an idiot on this, I confess, but where was it determined that aliens took over? Where did I miss that?

That is the premise of the show and they mentioned it several times. They talk about the arrival and the aliens taking out all of Earth's defenses in a few hours.

Could there be a twist and it's not an alien take over and it's really a human take over disguised as an alien take over. Sure but I don't think so.

I started to think your last point yesterday when I watched the latest episode.

I started to think your last point yesterday when I watched the latest episode.

Until we see the aliens my point remains a possibility. It seems fishy that no one seems to ever see even one alien. Nevertheless I still think we will see the aliens by season's end.

Forum List

Back