colonoscopy tomorrow

Woman at work had a colonoscopy four years ago. She had tumors but were benign at the time. Now she has stage four colon and liver cancer. She's been given one year to live.

Had she gone every year, they would have caught it.

Your nuts if you don't go.

So good for you.

Unfortunately I've done a colonoscopy. Such a bad thing. They give you some sedative but it was quite painful for me. :(
And plus I had to do a diet for 3 days before the colonoscopy (and the day before I couldn't eat anything...:cry:
I hope tomorrow will be better for you tyroneweaver :)
Good luck :smiliehug:

Wow you had pain, I never have or anyone I know has had pain during the procedure , sorry. They didn't give you enough sedation.

Unfortunately I've done a colonoscopy. Such a bad thing. They give you some sedative but it was quite painful for me. :(
And plus I had to do a diet for 3 days before the colonoscopy (and the day before I couldn't eat anything...:cry:

Wow you had pain, I never have or anyone I know has had pain during the procedure , sorry. They didn't give you enough sedation.
It's possible :(
I thought that maybe the procedure lasted long than sedation. Or maybe my pain tolerance is not very high :(

I thought that maybe the procedure lasted long than sedation. Or maybe my pain tolerance is not very high :(

Next time make sure they know you had pain, it should not be painful. Its not you.

Next time make sure they know you had pain, it should not be painful. Its not you.

Seems odd to say that cramming a bunch of stuff up your ass should not be painful. Should be done under full anesthesia.

Doc told me 1 chance in 5000 of a puncture.

I asked him if he went to the University of Utah.
He hung his head and said yes.
I said, oh crap I'm already in trouble
Never believe what a doctor says, unless he has documented evidence to back up his statements. They lie almost as often as politicians.

Eight years ago, they told me that I would be in a "twilight sleep", and would not remember a thing. During the procedure, I begged for more anesthesia, and kept asking when the twilight sleep would begin. The anesthesiologist refused to give me more.

When it was due to be repeated 3 years ago, I agreed to have the procedure ONLY after they agreed to use full anesthesia. The difference may have been due to the fact that I had switched to a different Medicare Advantage insurer.

They don't do full anesthesia for that here Unkotare. I've asked for that but they said they didn't want to. :(
I think maybe it's for financial reasons :dunno:

Right, and its not necessary, they mainly use Versed and Demerol here and if they need longer can give you some more. Not necessary to go under full anesthesia. Called twilight sedation and you should not remember it, but you can answer the doctor. Full anesthesia only adds to the risks.

Doc told me 1 chance in 5000 of a puncture.

I asked him if he went to the University of Utah.
He hung his head and said yes.
I said, oh crap I'm already in trouble
Never believe what a doctor says, unless he has documented evidence to back up his statements. They lie almost as often as politicians.

Yeah it's hard to trust a procedure opinion of a Dr if they have a Yacht or RV brochure sitting on their table.

I'm scheduled for one the 24th of this month. It'll be number 4 I believe. Had non-cancerous polyps the first one at 22, so I get to enjoy the experience many times over.

Best part about it comes in the recovery room.... you'll let out the longest loudest fart in your life, and it will feel so good, except for all the people staring at you. :)

I'm scheduled for one the 24th of this month. It'll be number 4 I believe. Had non-cancerous polyps the first one at 22, so I get to enjoy the experience many times over.

Best part about it comes in the recovery room.... you'll let out the longest loudest fart in your life, and it will feel so good, except for all the people staring at you. :)

Yeah, forgot to also warn him to wear a hoodie and sun glasses cause it's always guaranteed the bathroom will be within listening distance to the waiting room.
:p

Last edited:

Forum List

Back