Colonoscopy ranges from $450 to $10,000

To Cut Healthcare Costs, Let's Start With the Secret Prices - US News and World Report

And how can it be that Medicare pays $40,000, prix fixe, for the same heart operation, by the same doctor, at the same hospital, that costs patients paying privately $80,000 to $120,000?

-----Can someone explain to me why the right is fighting for the right to be scammed?

I read that the silverware in the Board of Directors Room at Cigna is gold plated and they have two jets on standby for members of the board at a cost of 68 million. This is what the right defends? Why do they fight Obama? Normally one would question such insanity, but there has got to be an underlying reason. What could it be?

I thought Medicare was the successful HealthCare Program ObamaCare was modeled after?

Can someone explain to me why Librul are so terminally stupid?

Xotoxi, this still doesn't address how other nations are able to provide care to all their citizens for half the cost that we do, and still exceed us by far in average lifespan, health in old age, and infant mortality. Even little Costa Rica, with an average income of only one tenth of ours, exceeds us to the poiint of being third behind Japan and France in longevity. Obviously, they are doing something right, and our system is doing much that is wrong.

Without knowing any specifics about each of those other national healthplans, they have less cost probably because they:

• emphasize and encourage preventive care
  • patient's don't sue for everything under the sun so their physicians don't practice defensive medicine and order unnecessary CYA tests
  • pharmaceutical companies don't gouge the consumers and most meds are OTC
  • in many of those countries, patients in general lead healthier lifestyles with less obesity and more exercise
Those are some things that come to mind...

Thanks for pointing out that there are other factors than just cost determining health care statistics. Look at the foods that we eat in this nation. It's not a surprise that our health lags behind.

In Europe, people ride their bikes to work, or take the train and walk.

We drive and sit in traffic for a few hours and then circle the parking lot to get a parking space as close to the door as possible.

Guess you better do your homework before you have someone ram something up your butt, huh??

I hear the Nancy Paxilosi has a gubmint jet standing by when she can afford to fly her own, and bitches at captains of industry when they fly their jets into the District of Criminals to get mau-maued by congressional dickweeds.

Why don't you seem to question that insanity??

Why don't you have your own obvious insanity taken care of? The bastards were coming hat in hand to be bailed out of the own idiocy. They should all have been removed from the posts.

you're drooling

again

some more.....

To Cut Healthcare Costs, Let's Start With the Secret Prices - US News and World Report

And how can it be that Medicare pays $40,000, prix fixe, for the same heart operation, by the same doctor, at the same hospital, that costs patients paying privately $80,000 to $120,000?

-----Can someone explain to me why the right is fighting for the right to be scammed?

I read that the silverware in the Board of Directors Room at Cigna is gold plated and they have two jets on standby for members of the board at a cost of 68 million. This is what the right defends? Why do they fight Obama? Normally one would question such insanity, but there has got to be an underlying reason. What could it be?

they use the Chinese made valves in the Medicare Op......the Quality ones in the other.....

In Japan, an MRI costs $90, and the lab makes a profit. Look up what it costs here.

Japan also has a capitalism driven economy. They don't have to pay a fortune to get something approved. They don't have to bribe the government to get it approved. They have competition in business and medicine. ... also, they have a lot fewer doctors than we do per capita. ;)

Forum List

Back