Colonoscopy ranges from $450 to $10,000

R

rdean

To Cut Healthcare Costs, Let's Start With the Secret Prices - US News and World Report

And how can it be that Medicare pays $40,000, prix fixe, for the same heart operation, by the same doctor, at the same hospital, that costs patients paying privately $80,000 to $120,000?

-----Can someone explain to me why the right is fighting for the right to be scammed?

I read that the silverware in the Board of Directors Room at Cigna is gold plated and they have two jets on standby for members of the board at a cost of 68 million. This is what the right defends? Why do they fight Obama? Normally one would question such insanity, but there has got to be an underlying reason. What could it be?

To Cut Healthcare Costs, Let's Start With the Secret Prices - US News and World Report

And how can it be that Medicare pays $40,000, prix fixe, for the same heart operation, by the same doctor, at the same hospital, that costs patients paying privately $80,000 to $120,000?

-----Can someone explain to me why the right is fighting for the right to be scammed?

I read that the silverware in the Board of Directors Room at Cigna is gold plated and they have two jets on standby for members of the board at a cost of 68 million. This is what the right defends? Why do they fight Obama? Normally one would question such insanity, but there has got to be an underlying reason. What could it be?

Maybe freedom is more important too them than government mandates .

Free to be "scammed"? Not sure what you mean.

Yet ... anyone who is willing to apply can get Medicaid and not pay for it themselves.

What is Not Covered

Medicaid does not provide medical assistance for all people with limited incomes and resources. Even under the broadest provisions of the Federal statute (except for emergency services for certain persons), the Medicaid program does not provide health care services for everyone. You must qualify for Medicaid. Low-income is only one test for Medicaid eligibility; assets and resources are also tested against established thresholds. As noted earlier, categorically needy persons who are eligible for Medicaid may or may not also receive cash assistance from the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program or from the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program. Medically needy persons who would be categorically eligible except for income or assets may become eligible for Medicaid solely because of excessive medical expenses.

Overview Medicaid Eligibility

Guess you better do your homework before you have someone ram something up your butt, huh??

I hear the Nancy Paxilosi has a gubmint jet standing by when she can afford to fly her own, and bitches at captains of industry when they fly their jets into the District of Criminals to get mau-maued by congressional dickweeds.

Why don't you seem to question that insanity??

Last edited:

Guess you better do your homework before you have someone ram something up your butt, huh??

there's some good advice. no matter your persuasion.

:thup:

Oh sure, freedom to be screwed over by the Health Care Industry is so much better than having a real health care system such as the rest of the industrial nations have.

I hear the Nancy Paxilosi has a gubmint jet standing by when she can afford to fly her own, and bitches at captains of industry when they fly their jets into the District of Criminals to get mau-maued by congressional dickweeds.

Why don't you have your own obvious insanity taken care of? The bastards were coming hat in hand to be bailed out of the own idiocy. They should all have been removed from the posts.

Why don't you have your own obvious insanity taken care of? The bastards were coming hat in hand to be bailed out of the own idiocy. They should all have been removed from the posts.

you're drooling

again

Medicine is the only profession where the party purchasing the services tells the person providing the service what they will pay...essentially "name your price".

For example, if an office visit costs $100, workers comp and auto insurance will pay about $80, private health insurance will pay somewhere between $50-75, Medicare will pay around $40-50, and Medicaid will pay $25. The physician/hospital has to set their price just a little higher than the highest amount that insurance will allow, otherwise, if the charge is less than the allowable, they will be paid less than what they are entitled to receive.

Unfortunately, this means that the person without insurance who is paying cash at the time of service, ends up paying the most (unless the physician gives a time-of-service discount).

Imagine if you went to the mechanic and, when the bill came to $100, you would be able to pay him $50 as payment-in-full. Chances are, he would raise his charge to make up for that write-off.

Xotoxi, this still doesn't address how other nations are able to provide care to all their citizens for half the cost that we do, and still exceed us by far in average lifespan, health in old age, and infant mortality. Even little Costa Rica, with an average income of only one tenth of ours, exceeds us to the poiint of being third behind Japan and France in longevity. Obviously, they are doing something right, and our system is doing much that is wrong.

Thanks for deflecting form the point about the Speaker of the House blatantly mooching off the taxpayers, when she has and can afford to operate her own jet, dickhead.

Xotoxi, this still doesn't address how other nations are able to provide care to all their citizens for half the cost that we do, and still exceed us by far in average lifespan, health in old age, and infant mortality. Even little Costa Rica, with an average income of only one tenth of ours, exceeds us to the poiint of being third behind Japan and France in longevity. Obviously, they are doing something right, and our system is doing much that is wrong.
CostaRicaCostaRicaCostaRicaCostaRica....

Pack up your wrinkled old ass and move there if the Costa Ricans have it so hot...I hear scads of Americans are already doing so.

Without knowing any specifics about each of those other national healthplans, they have less cost probably because they:

• emphasize and encourage preventive care
  • patient's don't sue for everything under the sun so their physicians don't practice defensive medicine and order unnecessary CYA tests
  • pharmaceutical companies don't gouge the consumers and most meds are OTC
  • in many of those countries, patients in general lead healthier lifestyles with less obesity and more exercise
Those are some things that come to mind...

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Without knowing any specifics about each of those other national healthplans, they have less cost probably because they:

• emphasize and encourage preventive care
  • patient's don't sue for everything under the sun so their physicians don't practice defensive medicine and order unnecessary CYA tests
  • pharmaceutical companies don't gouge the consumers and most meds are OTC
  • in many of those countries, patients in general lead healthier lifestyles with less obesity and more exercise
Those are some things that come to mind...

Thanks for pointing out that there are other factors than just cost determining health care statistics. Look at the foods that we eat in this nation. It's not a surprise that our health lags behind.

Forum List

Back