Colonoscopy Prep

And pray you don't get a perforated intestine...resulting in a blood clot which can fell you (instadead) in your shower a couple of days later.

Like a guy I know had happen....

I'll get a colonoscopy when I have symptoms that something is wrong. No colon cancer in my family, thank goodness.

thats pretty rare....and many times when you get the symptoms.....it may be too late....if you have a good Gastro Doc....dont worry about it LL....every thing will be fine....

The prep is the worst part of it....but by the time you get gowned and on the 'slab' the anesthesiaologist gives you what my doc called the" twighlight cocktail" ;)
I have it every year since I had colon cancer at 26...I am 38 now...I made it.

I made the mistake of eating a big meal the day before I had to fast. That was a mistake, I think. Instead, I'd try eating lighter throughout the week. I'd never fasted before, and it was awful. I told the nurse before my procedure that I wasn't in any state of mind to sign a contract. The cleaning yourself is awful but you get through it.

The actual procedure is a breeze. They put you under with morphine, which was awesome! I actually had the scope shoved up my backside when I was a teenager and before they started putting people under. It was horrible. If there was a 0.000001% chance I was gay before that, it went to 0.000000% after that!

Morphine?......where the hell did you have it done?.....at Dr. Vinnie BoomVa's

Lol..don't mention it. I have nightmares about colonoscopies...but I'm sure yours will be great!

Good luck and good thoughts Lone...♥

My kids make fun of me also...their in their teens now so the jokes get funnier every year at my "annual anal probe." :rolleyes:

I've never heard of anyone dying from a prostate exam, or having to have an enema prior...or having to clear the colon prior...

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

I've never heard of anyone dying from a prostate exam, or having to have an enema prior...or having to clear the colon prior...

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

I thought I was going to die when I had a cystoscopy. Having a camera shoved up my dick and into the bladder was not my idea of a warm and friendly doctor/patient relationship! :mad:

I got the Miralax.

Thanks for the replies.

How about acceptable non-solids for Thursday? Any ideas besides Gatorade, jello and ice pops?

WARNING: Avoid anything with red dye. It screws up the imaging on the inside of the colon. You'd be surprised what its in, so read all labels. Best of luck!

I got the Miralax.

Thanks for the replies.

How about acceptable non-solids for Thursday? Any ideas besides Gatorade, jello and ice pops?

WARNING: Avoid anything with red dye. It screws up the imaging on the inside of the colon. You'd be surprised what its in, so read all labels. Best of luck!
Yes! Important! Don't get red GatorAde to mix the Miralax with. Get the green or yellow.

I got the Miralax.

Thanks for the replies.

Clear liquids like 7-up and dye free kool-aid...chicken broth is EXCELLENT and helps curb the major hunger you have by the end of the night...obviously before midnight...no red dyes...so make sure to check the jello packages and anything else to eat or drink that may have it...:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back