Colonizing Mars

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
I just read that Elon Musk wants to send people on a one-way journey to Mars. What's the point?

Unless you're going to seriously terraform the planet, what are you going to do there?

Where will you get water?

Where will you get breathable air?

If you build a dome, one inbound baseball size rock can end the experiment.

Is the Martian soil capable of sustaining Earth plant life? Hell, if we water it, will Martian plant life come back in bloom.

I just read that Elon Musk wants to send people on a one-way journey to Mars. What's the point?

Unless you're going to seriously terraform the planet, what are you going to do there?

Is the Martian soil capable of sustaining Earth plant life? Hell, if we water it, will Martian plant life come back in bloom.
Answering those questions is the point, I think.

Answering those questions is the point, I think.

You need to send a manned craft to Mars for that?

Mars is the only planet entirely populated by robots...

What's the point? As George Mallory once said "because it's there". And by the way we already know there's water on Mars, from which you can get oxygen to breath and even hydrogen for fuel. The wheat crops, not so much.

i think its a bigmistake, colonizing mars is a waste of recources
we should colonize the asteroid belt.
same problem, no ecology. easier solution.
no need to go down in a gravity well like a planet, mars.
same problem same solution to the ecology problem, an artificial ecology.
much easier access to recources at 0 G.
lets colonize the asteroid belt, forget mars.
barsoon doesent exist

once we got tech in the belt it will be easy to terraform mars

and having colonies on mars will make it a problem to drop comets on it

dropping comets on mars will at the same time create a athmosphere, create oceans and heat it up, of course all colonys will be destroyed terraforming mars the easy way

Last edited:
the recources needed to put a colony on mars which will propably fail could be used to make colonies in the belt which would produce enourmeouse industrial recources and propably succede

but hes 50 barsoom of mars, john carter

all rockets look like giant vibrators

they vibrate too

but they work well trust them

P.S. ever seen a rocket that doesent look like a giant vibrator ? please show prove

P.P.S if you had a decent big Penis you would have said Rockets look like penises

Last edited:
A moon base is the obvious first step to developing extra earth colonial technology.

all of it has to be made or extracted on mars

plants can be grown there depending on location

all rockets look like giant vibrators

they vibrate too

but they work well trust them

P.S. ever seen a rocket that doesent look like a giant vibrator ? please show prove

P.P.S if you had a decent big Penis you would have said Rockets look like penises

You must be a real rocketeer!

Did you bother to read what Elon Musk said about why he wants to do this?

You'll have ABBA playing in the background all the time, what isn't to like? The only thing that might be a drawback is if there are red ants there and we never knew it. You could be walking along and never see them and then they are all over you. You ever been stung by an ant?

They'll send many shipments there ahead of time via rocket that will orbit around mars until needed, things like water, oxygen, food, etc. Maybe they can find some volunteers among the preppers who are all ready to live in a bunker for two years.

Why don't you explain it

Why don't you explain it

You start a thread asking

Did you bother to read what Elon Musk goal is- or did you just want to bitch about it?

Forum List

Back