Colo. Pot Vote Challenges U.S. Drug War

If the fed's don't stamp it out, then you will be able to buy Brownies with MJ as an ingredient in special stores by 2014, and by 2013 you can grow 6 plants in your Colorado home.

The Feds don't have the money to stamp this out.

All tax from MJ sales go to Colorado schools......which have been burdened by Federal Mandates.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to harvesting the herb, except for ONE MAJOR ISSUE:

Employers require clean UA's.

So, I guess I'll need to quit my job and go on 99 weeks of State and Federal aid to enjoy my weed habit.

I would love to be able to grow and harvest. I have not looked into it but how much is is regulated at state levels? Heavily or lightly? Who is/will be watching quality and content in the states where it is legal to grow for pleasure? I have lots of questions about the business end of MJ.

me too, I have a good green,,,thumb.

I have a hit or miss type of talent in the garden but I would love to try to grow it. I am actually a huge supporter of pot use over booze use although I want both legal.

Obama needs to push for Legalizion. End of discussion.

Yea,then we can get high and forget about the shitty economy,yea thats the ticket,then we will be productive lethargic slugs...View attachment 22385

Should booze and beer be banned? People who eat poorly are often on a sugar high and then become lethargic? Ready to go after Hostess and their mood altering substances? Hershey? Folgers?

Do not mess with my twinkies, or we will have a problem...:meow:

Yea,then we can get high and forget about the shitty economy,yea thats the ticket,then we will be productive lethargic slugs...View attachment 22385

Should booze and beer be banned? People who eat poorly are often on a sugar high and then become lethargic? Ready to go after Hostess and their mood altering substances? Hershey? Folgers?

Do not mess with my twinkies, or we will have a problem...:meow:

:badgrin:I promise to keep my hands off your Twinkie. Puff puff pass.

Pot votes in 2 states challenge US drug war | US National Headlines | Comcast

DENVER — First came marijuana as medicine. Now comes legal pot for the people.

Those who have argued for decades that legalizing and taxing weed would be better than a costly, failed U.S. drug war have their chance to prove it, as Colorado and Washington became the first states to allow pot for recreational use.

While the measures earned support from broad swaths of the electorate in both states Tuesday, they are likely to face resistance from federal drug warriors. As of Wednesday, authorities did not say whether they would challenge the new laws.

We will become as corrupt and violent as Mexico,and we are well on our way already..
sad times indeed......:eusa_eh:

Watch the leftists suddenly support states rights and the 10th Amendment.

BTW, don't the corrupt elements depend on drug PROHIBITION to thrive? Won't legalization put them out of business?

Federal drug laws trump State laws.

Really? Based on what authority?

I would suggest that any State that passes laws in violation of Federal law be cut off from Federal matching funds for ANY program until they change their laws to be in compliance with federal Law.

There should be no "federal funds" for anything. I see nothing in the constitution authorizing federal matching funds.

What's interesting is that Washington -- which used to be a GOP state, by the way -- passed their Marijuana law, while weed-friendly Oregon didn't pass theirs.

What's most interesting about that is why Oregon's law didn't pass. The pro-weed lobby here is against legalization because they don't want weed taxed, so they campaign against making weed legal because as long as it's in the grey area, it can't be taxed or controlled by the government.

Marijuana is decriminalized in the West Coast states. You have to be packing a whole lot of weed here to get any real attention from the authorities.

So for most of us who use it now and then for recreation, pain management, or to counteract nausea, very high-quality weed is easily available and still pretty cheap. A gram still costs about $10, same as it did in the mid 80's...

Arguments in favor: Nobody ever died from a weed overdose. (I know of several people who have died of alcohol poisoning.) Weed doesn't make people belligerent, but mellow, so they're not likely to start fights or hurt others. Weed isn't physically addictive, although I have heard that it can be psychologically addictive.

When used for pain management, weed's effect is instantaneous and lasts for about three hours, while the "high" only lasts about half an hour. So if you have a bad back, you can still function well enough to go shopping for groceries if you schedule your use -- wait half an hour before driving, then you have a good two hours to finish your shopping before you need to get home and take another dose.

It doesn't need to be smoked, either -- the modern method that's most effective is called "vaping", using a vaporizer that gently heats the weed to disperse the active volatile compounds. It works extremely well, and the vaporizers (which are pricey, but use rechargeable batteries and are good for many thousands of uses) are patented and made in America. (Go, US!)

-- Paravani

Last edited:
What's interesting is that Washington -- which used to be a GOP state, by the way -- passed their Marijuana law, while weed-friendly Oregon didn't pass theirs.

What's most interesting about that is why Oregon's law didn't pass. The pro-weed lobby here is against legalization because they don't want weed taxed, so they campaign against making weed legal because as long as it's in the grey area, it can't be taxed or controlled by the government.

Marijuana is decriminalized in the West Coast states. You have to be packing a whole lot of weed here to get any real attention from the authorities.

So for most of us who use it now and then for recreation, pain management, or to counteract nausea, very high-quality weed is easily available and still pretty cheap. A gram still costs about $10, same as it did in the mid 80's...

Arguments in favor: Nobody ever died from a weed overdose. (I know of several people who have died of alcohol poisoning.) Weed doesn't make people belligerent, but mellow, so they're not likely to start fights or hurt others. Weed isn't physically addictive, although I have heard that it can be psychologically addictive.

When used for pain management, weed's effect is instantaneous and lasts for about three hours, while the "high" only lasts about half an hour. So if you have a bad back, you can still function well enough to go shopping for groceries if you schedule your use -- wait half an hour before driving, then you have a good two hours to finish your shopping before you need to get home and take another dose.

It doesn't need to be smoked, either -- the modern method that's most effective is called "vaping", using a vaporizer that gently heats the weed to disperse the active volatile compounds. It works extremely well, and the vaporizers (which are pricey, but use rechargeable batteries and are good for many thousands of uses) are patented and made in America. (Go, US!)

-- Paravani

Don't kid yourself.

In California, one seed and the police will steal your car or your house through "forfeiture laws."

Forum List

Back