Colo gov Hickenstupid says time to talk gun laws

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
APNewsBreak: Colo gov says time to talk gun laws | US National Headlines | Comcast

Colorado's Gov. John Hickenlooper said "the time is right" for state lawmakers to consider gun control measures, offering his firmest stance in the aftermath of several high-profile shootings, including a movie theater rampage in suburban Denver, that have shocked the nation.
Hickenlooper did not call for specific legislation, but did give a strong indication of what kind of debates and proposals he'd like to see.

"When you look at what happened in Aurora, a great deal of that damage was from the large magazine on the AR-15 (rifle). I think we need to have that discussion and say, `Where is this appropriate?'"

Carefully chosen words of a politically correct asswipe....
$2852-Gun-Control-Colorado-.jpg

Hickenlooper has been a shitpile since he was mayor of Denver, I don't know how that bastard got elected Governor...

APNewsBreak: Colo gov says time to talk gun laws | US National Headlines | Comcast

Colorado's Gov. John Hickenlooper said "the time is right" for state lawmakers to consider gun control measures, offering his firmest stance in the aftermath of several high-profile shootings, including a movie theater rampage in suburban Denver, that have shocked the nation.
Hickenlooper did not call for specific legislation, but did give a strong indication of what kind of debates and proposals he'd like to see.

"When you look at what happened in Aurora, a great deal of that damage was from the large magazine on the AR-15 (rifle). I think we need to have that discussion and say, `Where is this appropriate?'"

View attachment 23067

Didnt that magazine jam after 20 or so shots and the shooter switched to handguns and shotguns?

View attachment 23067

Shootings like that are just the price we pay for our freedom to own guns. It's only a big deal to the families of those involved.

With the left no one is responsible for their actions, the only thing left is to blame the tool. Of course a tool is only as good or bad as the person using it. Also they can't criminalize the citizens who already have the weapons and hi cap magazines, they can only prohibit future retail sales. When are the commies going to realize this horse has already left the barn?

View attachment 23067

Didnt that magazine jam after 20 or so shots and the shooter switched to handguns and shotguns?

Correct. 100 round drum mags are notoriously unreliable.

View attachment 23067

Shootings like that are just the price we pay for our freedom to own guns. It's only a big deal to the families of those involved.

You can say that about car accidents as well, or providing electricty it each persons home without have a qualified electrian onsite.

You attempt at sarcasm is noted, however the only complete solution, banning all firearms would not work either. At that point you would have criminals making them in machine shops (hey ban those too!!!) and nothing but the police (a few minutes to hours away) between your unarmed self and someone who wanted a gun so bad they made the fucking thing.

View attachment 23067

Good luck Hickenlicker. The NRA will squash your gun control attempt like a bug.

View attachment 23067

You can say that about car accidents as well, or providing electricty it each persons home without have a qualified electrian onsite.

You attempt at sarcasm is noted, however the only complete solution, banning all firearms would not work either. At that point you would have criminals making them in machine shops (hey ban those too!!!) and nothing but the police (a few minutes to hours away) between your unarmed self and someone who wanted a gun so bad they made the fucking thing.

It's not sarcasm at all. And I'm glad you mentioned car accidents. I almost continued my post with that comparison myself. Car accidents are only a big deal to the families involved also. To the rest of us, unless it blocks traffic when we need to get somewhere, it is nothing.

BTW, I also am a multiple gun owner.

Last edited:

View attachment 23067

They are fixing that, I'm sure.

23 gun laws were violated in committing the Columbine shooting.

Is 25 laws the magic number that would stop acts like that?

Maybe 50?

Oh wait... criminals, by definition, don't obey laws.

Nevermind.

View attachment 23067

If we just allowed everyone over the age of 18 to walk around with firearms everywhere they go, at all times, everything would be okay.

It's not sarcasm at all. And I'm glad you mentioned car accidents. I almost continued my post with that comparison myself. Car accidents are only a big deal to the families involved also. To the rest of us, unless it blocks traffic when we need to get somewhere, it is nothing.

Sorry, sounded like anti gun person logic, I apologize.

They are fixing that, I'm sure.

You can fix anything with enough money. I'm sure you can machine each round and the magazine perfectly, to eliminate the feed issues created with all the jostling around in the drum magazine from moving and the actual movement of the rounds.

The things would probably cost around $5,000 a pop though, and each bullet/brass combo about $50 each.

Sorry, sounded like anti gun person logic, I apologize.

NP...I am very pro-2nd amendment even tho in many things I am liberal.

Forum List

Back