Colo. candidate regrets slam against tea party

DENVER — A Republican Senate candidate for Colorado apologized Monday for making disparaging remarks about tea party members who questioned the authenticity of President Barack Obama's birth certificate.

Pussy

DENVER — A Republican Senate candidate for Colorado apologized Monday for making disparaging remarks about tea party members who questioned the authenticity of President Barack Obama's birth certificate.

Pussy

If I didn't know any better, I would say Buck is trying to refudiate his comments....

Actually, I believe he realized that it is improper, as an American, to criticize one exercising their first ammendment right.

Something it appears our majority leadership believes is OK to do.

I find it curious that you deemed his "apology" as something to criticize.

If I didn't know any better, I would say Buck is trying to refudiate his comments....

Actually, I believe he realized that it is improper, as an American, to criticize one exercising their first ammendment right.

An apology to birthers???? I will criticize it just as I criticize anyone pandering to the truthers.

An apology to birthers???? I will criticize it just as I criticize anyone pandering to the truthers.

Pandering?

Why must yoiu exaggerate what I said in an effort to criticize it?

Who is talking about pandering?

He referred to the birthers in a very unflattering, insulting way....and he realized that what he did was call them a name for having a belief and articulating such a belief out loud.

In essecne, he called them a name for exercising their right to free speech.

He was wrong and he apologized.

As for the birthers and the truthers? I believe they are misguided but neither group warrants being called names for their beliefs.

I am proud to have the freedom to believe they are wrong and the freedonm to say so publicly. I do not believe it apporpriate to call them names becuase they believe differently than I do.

Pandering?

He referred to the birthers in a very unflattering, insulting way....and he realized that what he did was call them a name for having a belief and articulating such a belief out loud.

As for the birthers and the truthers? I believe they are misguided but neither group warrants being called names for their beliefs.

I am proud to have the freedom to believe they are wrong and the freedonm to say so publicly. I do not believe it apporpriate to call them names becuase they believe differently than I do.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, Buck is pandering to the Tea Baggers for calling them dumbasses. He is in a political race, and while he believes in his heart that the birther faction of the Tea Bagger movement are in fact, dumbasses, he still would like to havetheir votes to get his sorry ass elected. I call this pandering.

Pandering?

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, Buck is pandering to the Tea Baggers for calling them dumbasses. He is in a political race, and while he believes in his heart that the birther faction of the Tea Bagger movement are in fact, dumbasses, he still would like to havetheir votes to get his sorry ass elected. I call this pandering.

IN YOUR OPINION....fair enough.

But seeing as the birthers are a small group, and the birther "faction" of ther tea party is an even smaller group, I do not see it as pandering for votes.

If anything, I see it as his attempt to let the general electorate know that he erred when he called people names for exercising their right to free speech....something no American should do, much less a politician.

And by the way...his erroro was not thinking they are dumbasses. His error was publicly referring to them as dumbasses.

He erred and he fixed it...and the left cirticizes him for it.

Whatever. IN politics, it seems no one can do the right thing. Someone will be there to find fault in it.

Are we talking about Tea part or birthers?

I'm not in the TP but I know a good few people that are... How come the way "you people" think of the tea party is so not what anyone that actually goes or knows people from the TP knows it to be?

When the TP first came out were you not the same people that said it was a small group of people at best? You have been wrong about near everything so far right down to calling them racist because a lot of them happen to be white (that makes you bigots racists btw hahaha).

Grow a pair and debate policy, don't attack a group of people that for the most part have at least read the COTUS... I mean wtf, most the people and I do mean MOST that voted for Obama still think he closed guantanamo and think the HC bill actualy had something to do with HC... Most liberals think we should be *updating* the constitution by going back to *old* forms of already proven failed Government structures.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back