Collins believes Dr. Ford but just not her 100% that kavanaugh

"Belief" has nothing to do with it. There is no evidence-grade proof that it happened, so no rational person can accept it as fact.
There is evidence, proof, that Kavanaugh is not of the stature best suited to a Supreme Court justice. For some reason, those who opposed him chose an acrimonious, failed strategy. In doing so, the put their general credibility in doubt. Perhaps they feared their opponents would be too partisan to engage in an honest assessment, so went for an emotional appeal.
In any case, all this only displayed again, sickeningly, the shabby state of the current political 'leadership' on both sides of the two party dictatorship.

Everyone believes her, she just got the wrong people.
You can't see though this fig leaf ?!

I guess everyone was lying, like Susan Collins, who believed her but said she had mistaken who it was, as well as most of the republicans. I guess all republicans lie then, because I believed her and I believed she got the attackers right and so do most Democrats.

More concerning was the fact he couldnt give a straight answer. What did he have to hide?

and the same is said of Ford.....since her testimony was all 'I don't know, maybe, I don't remember' except she was absolutely SURE and without a doubt, it was Brett Kavanaugh that did it. Even though she had said she didn't know anyone at the party.
Nope. Ford either said she didnt remember or she gave her answer. Kav flat out deflected or avoided answering the question. When you ask someone if they would back an investigation to clear your name and they dont give an emphatic yes then they are hiding something. Dude started talking about how hard he worked in school instead of answering the question.

Being questioned by Durbin?????? I didn't see Kavanaugh as deflecting or avoiding anything. I did see him as being surprised at the line of questioning since Durbin or anyone on that panel could have asked for an FBI investigation, just as Grassley said. Kavanaugh said he'd go along with anything the committee wanted. What more do you leftists want?
He wasnt asked if he would go along with what the comittee wanted. He was asked if he would welcome an FBI investigation. He deflected each of the 8 times he was asked. At one point he looked like a deer in headlights and couldn't muster the strength to give any answer. It was a simple yes or no question yet he answered it by talking about how hard he worked or by being silent. What does that have to do with an FBI investigation?

At that deer in the headlight moment, Kav looked to Grassley for help, and Lindsey Graham was unleashed to chew the scenery and take the focus off Kavanaugh.

It's an insult to sentient beings everywhere for Collins to say, I believe her, but I don't believe her.

It's convenient that the part she chooses not to believe allows her to toe the party line. Is that lucky or what?

Collins doesn’t even have a an opponent and already Democrats have raised more than $3 million to run against her.

Remember 33 seats are up in 2020. 21 of them are Republicans.

I think the Democrats are going to take the house in November, but I think the blue Wave that’s coming will be coming in 2020.

They’ll be even fewer Republicans by then at the rate the old people in that party are dying off. And who are they going to get to replace them? some blacks? Hispanics? Women? I doubt that.

We all know how Republicans hate minorities. That’s a given.

Yeah, why would minorities vote for Trump! He's only given them the lowest unemployment figures in recent history! Why would you want to vote for a guy who's policies let you get jobs and put food on the table for your family! You'd have to be an idiot to do something THAT ridiculous! Nah, let's put the Party back in power who's got a knack for killing jobs and putting people on food stamps! Yeah, that's what makes sense! (eye roll)

It's an insult to sentient beings everywhere for Collins to say, I believe her, but I don't believe her.

It's convenient that the part she chooses not to believe allows her to toe the party line. Is that lucky or what?

Collins was being generous in what she said about Ford. The truth is...Ford's whole story was so ridiculously full of holes you could have driven a Mack truck through most of them. If it HAD been credible, the Democrats wouldn't have stalled the investigation into it for as long as they did! Christina Ford has issues...but none of those issues involve an attempted rape by Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh! If it wasn't for the MeToo movement's shadow looming over the politicians on that committee she would have gotten savaged on her testimony...instead she was treated with kid gloves by everyone on the GOP side...and accorded near sainthood by those on the Democratic side!

attempted to rape her.

Trump as well as most of the GOP believe Dr. Ford but they insist its mistaken identity. Whatever they want to tell themselves to feel better is sickening.

You have disgraced the SC first by his lying under oath, extreme partisanship, outbursts and pouting, and this is the guy you could find to put on the court. Unreal.

Its a mockery of the SC and the investigation was a fraud to silence the Democrats.
Youre a fucking moron.

I believe her, just not that part. She was very creditable, except for that part. Whatever they can tell their brains so they can sleep at night, the GOP has gone down to lowest level in decades, lower than low.

They even lie to themselves.
Creditable? You have no clue. She came across as a dingbat

Collins was being generous in what she said about Ford. The truth is...Ford's whole story was so ridiculously full of holes you could have driven a Mack truck through most of them. If it HAD been credible, the Democrats wouldn't have stalled the investigation into it for as long as they did! Christina Ford has issues...but none of those issues involve an attempted rape by Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh! If it wasn't for the MeToo movement's shadow looming over the politicians on that committee she would have gotten savaged on her testimony...instead she was treated with kid gloves by everyone on the GOP side...and accorded near sainthood by those on the Democratic side!

The further we get from Ford's testimony, and the more historical revisionists and propagandists work at it, the less believable she will have been. Pretty soon, Kavanaugh will not have been a pissy-faced, petulant, overwrought, dry drunk.

Collins was doing her standard little Kabuki, before falling in line. It's not as if we haven't seen that before.

Forum List

Back