College Should Be Free.

wherewoof

Jan 4, 2017
College should be more free than a high school education is. We should actually pay students to go to college. Because though you can expect young adults to live at home when they go to high school, I wouldn't expect them to do the same when they are going to college. If a higher education has value, then it would be a benefit to society in general. Therefore making it worthy of something for the government to subsidize. Instead of expecting students to roll the dice when it comes to finding a job afterward with a huge student debt to pay off. France and Germany have free college education. And no doubt many other countries. The U.S. should too. I bet if this guy was running the U.S., we would have.
m7rOVTK.jpg

And Playstation 4. That should totally be free so those free college folk have something to do besides get drunk and screw.....

College should be more free than a high school education is. We should actually pay students to go to college. Because though you can expect young adults to live at home when they go to high school, I wouldn't expect them to do the same when they are going to college. If a higher education has value, then it would be a benefit to society in general. Therefore making it worthy of something for the government to subsidize. Instead of expecting students to roll the dice when it comes to finding a job afterward with a huge student debt to pay off. France and Germany have free college education. And no doubt many other countries. The U.S. should too. I bet if this guy was running the U.S., we would have.
m7rOVTK.jpg
College is pretty much free....if you spend four years in the military. Get movin, girl!

m7rOVTK.jpg
I would agree with you but I'm afraid my taxes would jump to 90%.

• Banned
And Playstation 4. That should totally be free so those free college folk have something to do besides get drunk and screw.....

If students had the money to pay for actual recreational activities, chances are they wouldn't be wasting their time on video games.

m7rOVTK.jpg
College is pretty much free....if you spend four years in the military. Get movin, girl!

Why should people be expected to flush four years of their lives down the toilet to do something that would be a benefit to society in general. And those four years would be better spent in college. Also, I used to be in the military. Though they provided my food and clothing, my pay wasn't good enough to save up for college after I left. So blow me.

In one way I'm kinda sad that Hillary didn't get elected. I had a job all sewed up to plant the trees that free shit grows on. That dream is out the window now. Maybe next time.

images

Does it take a college, much less a high school, education to learn to ask if you'd like to supersize that?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Yes. The "service based" economy they keep trying to sell the average American sucker on while sending jobs overseas is often a joke.

m7rOVTK.jpg
I would agree with you but I'm afraid my taxes would jump to 90%.

Did you ever see the Michale Moore documentary "Where to invade next?" Here in the U.S. we have to work harder and longer and pay more in taxes to get far less than the citizens of most other developed countries. I hear a lot of bullshit about them having to pay more in taxes. But as it turns out, people in the U.S. have to pay things that the government just chooses to not label as "taxes."

We should have tax payer funded college like we do public school.

It takes an advance degree to compete in the market place anymore and it is within our nations interest to do so.

You got that right. Maybe it would help U.S. companies to hire more skilled American workers instead of importing foreign skilled workers if people here didn't have to pay so much for schooling.

The loserterians don't believe in America being a world power and so they don't believe in college.

That is because it would be "racist" and "politically incorrect" to the liberal globalists to not let Americans share in the grinding poverty that most other countries experience.

m7rOVTK.jpg

Why should people be expected to flush four years of their lives down the toilet to do something that would be a benefit to society in general. And those four years would be better spent in college. Also, I used to be in the military. Though they provided my food and clothing, my pay wasn't good enough to save up for college after I left. So blow me.
I know it's too hard for you to do Gertrude....but show this to your boyfriend. And then GFY.

3. Serve Your Country
Military service can make your education goals a reality. The Armed Forces tuition assistance is a powerful incentive for those serving in the armed forces to pursue their education. Both enlisted and officer military members can receive up to $4,500 annually for tuition and fees.

Eligibility, service requirements, application processes and restrictions differ among the military branches, National Guard and Reserves.

Another military option is the Post-9/11 GI Bill — an updated version of the World War II era legislation that may have helped your grandfather settle back into civilian life This benefit is offered to members of the military who have served at least 90 days on active duty since Sept. 11, 2001. Depending on length of service, the bill pays 40% to 100% of tuition and fees at a in-state public college or university, or up to $17,500 at a private or foreign school.

Unlike the Post-9/11 GI Bill, The Montgomery GI Bill requires service members to enroll in the program and pay $100 per month for a year ($1,200) in order to receive a monthly education benefit. Benefits vary, but a full-time student in college could receive approximately $1,500 a month through this program.

You can prepare for military service and pay for college at the same time through ROTC programs. Some college students get their entire tuition tab picked up through ROTC and have an opportunity to serve in the Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine Corps after they graduate.

PROS
  • With the tuition assistance program, most of your tuition and fees are covered. Military on-the-job experience may translate into college credit.
  • In certain situations, the new GI Bill allows transfer of benefits to spouses and children. As of Oct. 1, 2011, you can use it for nondegree programs and other professional training.
  • GI Bill benefits are tax-free.
  • ROTC programs can result in a full, four-year scholarship.
Go Online for Help

CONS
  • Your studies may be interrupted by required military relocations or deployments, if you choose the Tuition Assistance Program.
  • The Post 9/11 Bill requires specific length of service to qualify for transferability of benefits to a spouse or child.
  • Tuition benefits can expire, so you need to apply for assistance within the specified timeframes.

In one way I'm kinda sad that Hillary didn't get elected. I had a job all sewed up to plant the trees that free shit grows on. That dream is out the window now. Maybe next time.

In a way, Hitler planted many of those trees. Not only did he put most people back to work, but he made it so you literally didn't need a wheelbarrow full of money to buy a loaf of bread with. All that despite Germany having had around 65 billion in gold stolen from it in WW I reparations. A war that Germany just got sucked into like everybody else.

Forum List

Back