College Park student beaten by cops

Believe me, Prince George's County cops aren't the worst cops in the world. They don't take a lot of bullshit though. The real corruption is in Baltimore. Those cops are insane, but then again I don't blame them, you have to be insane to live and work in Bmore. On a side note, I actually never heard this story even though I live in the area... strange.

Students celebrating the University of Maryland basketball's team's victory over Duke in March led to a wild street celebration that ended with police in riot gear taking control. One student says he was beaten, and his attorneys have released a compelling video that has led to the suspension of a Prince George's County police officer and an internal investigation.

Baltimore Crime Beat: College Park student beaten by cops in Prince George's - Baltimore, Maryland crime news, blogs and video - baltimoresun.com

One of these fine officers submitted a report that said the horse kicked that kid. (He didnt know he was being taped)....:lol:

Glad to see that PGC is investigating this....I hope the cop goes to jail if he's found guilty of any wrongdoing.

Yep, that was a beating alright. The Chief is cranky, I don't blame him. Uncalled for. Big trouble for those involved. The horses are innocent though, don't forget that.

We should get rid of all white cops. Period. End of Problem

Yeah, unless of course any of the cops doing the beating are black or Hispanic or Asian or other, in which case all of their kind should also be booted in the interest of really ending the problem.

we shouldn't have cops period. who needs em.. nobody ever does anything wrong. it's always the evil cops who are breaking the law. look at all the taxpayer money we could save without cops.. just issue everyone an ooooozie .. :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, I agree with that to a degree. We should all rise up to our responsibilities in life to ourselves and to others and if we did, no crime would occur. Id be out of a job but i think it would be a small sacrifice for living in such a great society.

Unfortunately, reality falls short of the ideal.

Believe me, Prince George's County cops aren't the worst cops in the world. They don't take a lot of bullshit though. The real corruption is in Baltimore. Those cops are insane, but then again I don't blame them, you have to be insane to live and work in Bmore. On a side note, I actually never heard this story even though I live in the area... strange.

Any sizable police force will eventually become a threat to those they are supposed to protect unless the are restrained by law and the practice thereof to prevent them morphing from protectors to abusers. Individuals can, upon occasion, resist the temptation to abuse unchecked power, but groups cannot.

You have to watch the video, for once Zona has a point. The cops were totally out of line and have absolutely no justification!

Zona usually has a point. He just doesn't usually have a rational or compelling one.

Comments about the topic, just maybe...

Ill make a deal with you. If you start commenting on topics in threads, I will. Till then, Ill make whatever comment toward whatever thread I choose to.

when cops act out of line, without justification, and outside the confines of the law they should face consequences for doing so.

WTF was this idiot approaching the police about....he walks up to the horses during a riot??? Was he asking directions?

I'm pretty sure the cops said something like "Get away from the Horses."

The man-student ignored them

Then the cops laid into him.

Moral of the story, don't fuck around with guys with guns and clubs when they tell you to leave their goddamn horses alone.

Instead, this dumbass is gonna lawyer up, and be rewarded for his stupid behaviour.

Did you watch the video? He did stop, backed up against the wall and was beaten. Period.

So far, the cop who said he was kicked by the horse (because he didnt know he was being taped) was fired.

More to come soon.

Yes, I watched the video, and no, I don't know if he stopped after the cops told him to because the video has no sound.

However, I am sure that in all future riot situations, there will be some asshole that has a friend videotape cops restraining him after he disobeys orders to halt.

Furthermore, I never said I thought the cops shouldn't be disciplined: I said the man who challenged the police should NOT be rewarded.

when cops act out of line, without justification, and outside the confines of the law they should face consequences for doing so.

WTF was this idiot approaching the police about....he walks up to the horses during a riot??? Was he asking directions?

Moral of the story, don't fuck around with guys with guns and clubs when they tell you to leave their goddamn horses alone.

Instead, this dumbass is gonna lawyer up, and be rewarded for his stupid behaviour.

I dont know exactly what he was doing. It is pretty evident though that he was no threat. The cops on horse actually move in on the kid and kind of trap him against the wall, he was backing up, before he gets assulted.

Yeah but when people with clubs and guns decide to act and use those clubs and guns there should be some justification or provocation. There is none here. Why would one cop lie about what happened in the police report? Really sucks for police when their lies are exposed on a video tape.

Can you explain to me the illegal behavior on the part of the college student who was assulted and what law was violated?

He is gonna lawyer up and he is going to win not only for his stupid behavior but the stupid and unjustifiable behavior of the cops.

Seen many a thing or a person that 'looked' like 'no threat' at first glance too... you don't take that chance in a riot, a war zone, or a dangerous situation

Also seen some protesters and students walking up with their passive aggressive taunting and attempts to thwart the peace keeping efforts by police.. trying to get in the way to show their 'power' over 'the man'

I dont know exactly what he was doing. It is pretty evident though that he was no threat. The cops on horse actually move in on the kid and kind of trap him against the wall, he was backing up, before he gets assulted.

Yeah but when people with clubs and guns decide to act and use those clubs and guns there should be some justification or provocation. There is none here. Why would one cop lie about what happened in the police report? Really sucks for police when their lies are exposed on a video tape.

Can you explain to me the illegal behavior on the part of the college student who was assulted and what law was violated?

He is gonna lawyer up and he is going to win not only for his stupid behavior but the stupid and unjustifiable behavior of the cops.

Seen many a thing or a person that 'looked' like 'no threat' at first glance too... you don't take that chance in a riot, a war zone, or a dangerous situation

Also seen some protesters and students walking up with their passive aggressive taunting and attempts to thwart the peace keeping efforts by police.. trying to get in the way to show their 'power' over 'the man'

Of these three, what situation was the cops dealing with this time?

Of these three, what situation was the cops dealing with this time?

Well, lets see:

It was a dark, maybe even stormy night....I thought your OP linky said something about rioting after a basketball game....at any rate....police normally don't gear-up for riots to prevent jay-walking.

The Cops over-reacted to the idiot, who was probably belligerant, and drunk. Probably should get a month off without pay, and extra training.

The City should pay for the guy's hospital bill, and he should do a month of community service for being an asshole during a riot.

The Lawyer should get nothing.

It looked to me like they've done this before. The movement on the man was almost coordinated. That's fine when you have to take someone down very quickly after you've neutralised the threat, say someone with a knife drops it, then in you go and put them down on the ground. But going mob-handed on a bloke who's probably off his face on alcohol? No, I don't think so.

Forum List

Back