College Graduates in Shock, Regarding Sudden Disappearance of Good Jobs

WARNING:

College students. Colleges and Universities are big business. They are interested in marketing the degrees they have to offer. It is up to you to persue studies that will enrich your life and/or offer you the lifestyle you desire. Do not accept at face value what the schools tell you regarding your job prospects and future.

oh bullshit you fucking robot....so because they are so "diverse" they cant be crooks?....your a fucking fool Dean....there is a room waiting for you at the local Psych ward....

You said that, not me.

so then admit to me that Democrats are just as crooked as Republicans are.....or does your programing prevent that?....

could not answer ey Dean?.....go see a de-programer....you need it....

The Higher Education Bubble is starting to burst.

This is yet another example of government interference in an endeavor distorting the economics so that prices rise much higher than inflation while quality drops. In this particular case, government backing loans that appear cheap at the time (no payments until after graduation), lured naive students into taking on massive debt that was completely unjustified based upon the expected income stream from their degrees. Universities were complicit by encouraging this debt in order to fill the seats in nonsensical, self-esteem oriented soft "studies" curricula.

It was a Con Job of the type in which our government-cronyism system specializes: transfers of income from the relatively young and poor to the relatively old and wealthy.

They're shocked. How about all of the unemployed skilled workers out there? I just hope my daughters won't have to deal with these conditions when they graduate college.

Neal, if your daughers graduate after the baby boomers finally call it quits, there will be plenty of jobs to go around.

This is yet another example of government interference in an endeavor distorting the economics so that prices rise much higher than inflation while quality drops. In this particular case, government backing loans that appear cheap at the time (no payments until after graduation), lured naive students into taking on massive debt that was completely unjustified based upon the expected income stream from their degrees. Universities were complicit by encouraging this debt in order to fill the seats in nonsensical, self-esteem oriented soft "studies" curricula.

It was a Con Job of the type in which our government-cronyism system specializes: transfers of income from the relatively young and poor to the relatively old and wealthy.
school loans: the grandest gubment conspiracy of our time. :rolleyes:

Here's the deal.
If you or a family member is in school there is only a few ways to go.
Medicine....especially psychiatry.
Latin American studies
Asian studies.
The Empire is dying.
Get smart. Get fluent in another language/culture.
Get out.

You make very good points but I do not agree the quality has dropped. I have graduated 2 kids in the last year and believe the quality was very good.
But I agree with your other valid points. Good post.

Here's the deal.
If you or a family member is in school there is only a few ways to go.
Medicine....especially psychiatry.
Latin American studies
Asian studies.
The Empire is dying.
Get smart. Get fluent in another language/culture.
Get out.

Forget school! Join a gang and be a banger. That is the future in America.

This message brought to you by the people of LA RAZA.
Making your life a living hell is our pleasure.​

Let's face it, a sheepskin is no longer a golden ticket.

There are more college grads today then ever before coupled with fewer jobs available.

Basic supply and demand.

Factor in the perception of college campus as Party Hard U instead of a bastion of higher learning and that degree isn't worth nearly as much as it was 20 years ago.

Not to mention the unrealistic attitude of most college grads I have dealt with... thinking they can demand super high salaries with no experience and no idea how the real business world works... I have had ones come in an interview asking for 90+K for an entry level position... it is hard to keep from laughing my ass off

Well, it makes a nice theory, except for one thing:

"Naive Students?"

I see no justification for believing that even High School Graduates, and certainly their parents, don't know that paying back $100,000 using a degree in Underwater Basket Weaving is untenable

Forum List

Back