College Graduates in Shock, Regarding Sudden Disappearance of Good Jobs

Obamanomics has damaged the recovery. At this point, GDP growth should exceed 6% with 250K - 400K Real Jobs per month being created. Instead, growth for the second half is forecasted to drop to the 1%s, and the only reason U3 unemployment is not over 10% is because people are giving up looking for work due to the LACK OF JOBS.
Says who? At what point and why and who is the forecaster?
If someone gives up looking for work and sits on their ass how is that the fault of you, I or Obama?
I live in the real world. All 3 of my kids work and go to school. That Mexican man is working. If you want something done he does it.

Post by post you are losing credibility…

You seem to think that because a US citizen is not able to get a job over a Mexican who might be working under the table and very possibly under the min wage, no insurance on their vehicle while sending their money “home” to Mexico where it rolls over and become s worth 2/3x as much makes a person lazy. Then it sounds like you have just assumed that the employer was even taking applications when he drove around to pick up his “employee” from the street corner.

You said you were a detective, or just that you owned a detective company… It’s hard to tell by your blatant lack of ability to detect wtf the problems are in this country today.

It seems to me a lot of people think they are smarter or better than others because the recession has not fucked them over yet, that somehow their intellect or superiority has made them invulnerable. Of course I have known quite a few people like that, till they lost the job/company in the last couple years. So good luck.

there's no relationship between mexicans on corners and jobless grads except that the mexicans are applying themselves to a substantially greater degree than those grads who are shocked that the market doesn't meet their celestial job quality standards. a grad could take note.

detective agency. LOL

How about we bet 100K? Someone keeps my and your $ and then I give you the name of the person that is the Director of The Georgia Board of Private Detective Agencies. They are a bureaucracy run by the Examining Boards under the Georgia Secretary of State's office.
Or I give my name and you can check the website that has my name as agency director of my agency that is licensed?
And that person will tell you that I have held a license since 1982 as a private detective.
I have been practicing since 1979. In 1982 they passed the law that I needed a license.
I have a full agency license.
One Hundred Thousand dollarbet . Are you in?

I believe you own a detective agencey and are rich, I'm laughing at you calling it a corporation.

I thought it was hilarious.

Probably 2nd generation Messkin (possibly even an anchor child), probably attended college using a US Federal Student Loan, and ASSUMED that if she got what the video says is an "Intelligence Degree," that the CIA would hire her fat ass.

:lol::lol::lol:

Now, she's found work in a Jewelry Store, of all places.......complaning about a poor economy....selling what could arguably be called the most luxurious good on the market! She even mentions a friend she graduated with who is "working in the fields."

Conclusion: She should have found a Tiawanese Electrical Engineering student to marry her while she had a chance.

Obamanomics has damaged the recovery. At this point, GDP growth should exceed 6% with 250K - 400K Real Jobs per month being created. Instead, growth for the second half is forecasted to drop to the 1%s, and the only reason U3 unemployment is not over 10% is because people are giving up looking for work due to the LACK OF JOBS.
If someone gives up looking for work and sits on their ass how is that the fault of you, I or Obama?
I live in the real world. All 3 of my kids work and go to school. That Mexican man is working. If you want something done he does it.

It's based on Real History.

Here's a chart which summarizes the job recovery turning point for post WWII recessions. Note when the lines start turning up. One of these things is not like the others - and it's due to Obamanomics.

4757758875_0303855ccf.jpg

My middle daughter was a 2010 college graduate. Has a teaching degree. She came home for the summer and I asked her to concentrate solely on finding a teaching job. No distractions with a summer job that would keep her busy, yet not achieve our true goal. She knew Dad was going to ask her about her job search every other day. First day in her new classroom is August 23rd.

Don't give up people!

My middle daughter was a 2010 college graduate. Has a teaching degree. She came home for the summer and I asked her to concentrate solely on finding a teaching job. No distractions with a summer job that would keep her busy, yet not achieve our true goal. She knew Dad was going to ask her about her job search every other day. First day in her new classroom is August 23rd.

Don't give up people!

Good for your daughter.....best of luck to her

My son just completed his Architecture degree and has had no luck at all. With construction down and nobody renovating homes no firms are hiring. He can't even find drafting work

It's based on Real History.

Here's a chart which summarizes the job recovery turning point for post WWII recessions. Note when the lines start turning up. One of these things is not like the others - and it's due to Obamanomics.

4757758875_0303855ccf.jpg

Interesting Graph Boe; Thanks.

There are a couple of things I note:

1990, and 2001 recessions seem to be comparatively minor compared to 2007.

The 1990 and 2001 recessions don't seem to have steep employment recovery cycles as previous recessions.

Based on both of these historical observations, I wouldn't expect the 2007 recession to have a steep recovery, regardless of who was president. Although I agree that Democrats in control of congress have failed in curbing government spending and have created more uncertainty in the economy with the healthcare bill and threat of hight taxes, I'm not sure a Republican Congress would have done anything differently (except possibly a different form of healthcare reform). I am certain that McCain wouldn't have made any difference in the employment recovery.

Don't give up people!

My son just completed his Architecture degree and has had no luck at all. With construction down and nobody renovating homes no firms are hiring. He can't even find drafting work

In landscaping I used to be able to buy artifical rocks for covering well heads and other objects a person might want access to, but not look at all the time. Seems as if most of the people who did this have gone out of business. Maybe there is an opening for an enterprising architect?

It's NOT both parties.

The two parties are nothing alike.

One is 90% white Christian lemmings who are anti everything American including their own self interests. The other is everyone else.

oh bullshit you fucking robot....so because they are so "diverse" they cant be crooks?....your a fucking fool Dean....there is a room waiting for you at the local Psych ward....

You said that, not me.

so then admit to me that Democrats are just as crooked as Republicans are.....or does your programing prevent that?....

Obviously, their "constituency" will do as they are told. They already believe what ever they are told to believe. Death Panels, kill grandma, the Republican base eats that shit up.

your the best example this board has for someone doing as they are told Dean....you eat up EVERYTHING the Dems feed to you.....and then just like a good little drone....you come over here and try to feed it to us....well you do have a bunch of morons here who sit and listen to you with stars in their eyes.....so i guess you do have an audience for your lunatic ravings.....

i know a guy who is a resident on my route Rw....kinda the same thing....he is an Architect also.....works a month or 2 then he is looking for a few months.....said he was always working just a few short years ago....hope your kid finds something.... it must be frustrating to get a degree in something and not be able to use it....

architecture has never been a huge demand degree based on it's starting salary, of course it will suffer worse in a down turn.

architecture has never been a huge demand degree based on it's starting salary, of course it will suffer worse in a down turn.

I know.....but its what he has wanted to do since he was 12 years old

architecture is another degree which thrives off entrepreneurship. fresh out of college a lot of kids dont feel that they should dive in the deep end and they bear a sentiment that they still have more learning to do under some fool's wing. if the market is tough, i say these kids should shake that shit off and apply themselves under their own umbrella.

it's been my experience that the young entrepreneur can do pretty well for himself in and around construction. thrust yourself into the fray kids; the nutsack is guaranteed to fill out with time.

Obama is trying to keep jobs HERE, which is why he's wouldn't let the car companies die.

Republicans on the other hand.......Don't even pretend to try to help the Middle Class. Seriously, they fucked this country good. And want the chance to do it again and again and again and...................

I could only stomach 2 minutes of it. I personally never had much of a problem with NAFTA, it was always trade with China that bothered me most. Your boy Clinton signed the WTO agreement into life. So do not blame the Repubs alone because it is a lie.

What is it he has done to make trade more fair rdean?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkWEwwLBuvs]YouTube - Barack Obama : NAFTA Trade /Jobs[/ame]

Ahh, the real question are actually 2.

1. What have the Republicans done besides work to stop Obama ON EVERYTHING.

2. What did the Republicans do during the six years they had total control OF EVERYTHING?

They fought a war. They have not been able to stop anything Obama has wanted to pass so how do you blame them for his lack of ability or desire to help the middle class?

Let's face it, a sheepskin is no longer a golden ticket.

There are more college grads today then ever before coupled with fewer jobs available.

Basic supply and demand.

Factor in the perception of college campus as Party Hard U instead of a bastion of higher learning and that degree isn't worth nearly as much as it was 20 years ago.

Forum List

Back