College Graduates in Shock, Regarding Sudden Disappearance of Good Jobs

If students would major in the areas where there is DEMAND then there would bea job.
That kid that went to HVAC vocational school graduates with a $40K to start job waiting for them.
Called supply and demand, something for profit universities know nothing about.

We have many unemployed HVAC folks here. What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

In Michigan I guess so.
Not in Florida, TX, Ga, Ala, Miss, Ok, Arkansas, Calif, NM, Az, Nevada and many other states.
Those states the demand is there.

Which makes me wonder why they don't move. I suspect that many are unemployed in those areas too. Housing starts are way down. It has to mean fewer jobs.

Well, surprise, surprise.

Lack of entry level jobs in the private sector is a FEATURE of Obamanomics.

With total amount of employed in the U.S. shrinking by 1.1M since April alone, we are losing jobs faster than the meager amount being created.

How Hopey Changey is that?

Well, surprise, surprise.

Lack of entry level jobs in the private sector is a FEATURE of Obamanomics.

With total amount of employed in the U.S. shrinking by 1.1M since April alone, we are losing jobs faster than the meager amount being created.

How Hopey Changey is that?

Obamanomics caused the banks to fail?

Obamanomics has damaged the recovery. At this point, GDP growth should exceed 6% with 250K - 400K Real Jobs per month being created. Instead, growth for the second half is forecasted to drop to the 1%s, and the only reason U3 unemployment is not over 10% is because people are giving up looking for work due to the LACK OF JOBS.

Last edited:
Any job that can be outsourced will be outsourced.

So if your chosen career field involves any kind of brain work, look out. You will be replaced by someone willing and able to work for next to nothing.

i think that there's an education bubble about 30-some years old - it inflated salaries, the cost of education, the variety of courses of study, the minimum ed requirements for entry jobs, the education finance industry, the egos of the educated and the ranks of middle management.

perhaps it's busting.

Obamanomics has damaged the recovery. At this point, GDP growth should exceed 6% with 250K - 400K Real Jobs per month being created. Instead, growth for the second half is forecasted to drop to the 1%s, and the only reason U3 unemployment is not over 10% is because people are giving up looking for work due to the LACK OF JOBS.
Says who? At what point and why and who is the forecaster?
If someone gives up looking for work and sits on their ass how is that the fault of you, I or Obama?
I live in the real world. All 3 of my kids work and go to school. That Mexican man is working. If you want something done he does it.

So if your chosen career field involves any kind of brain work, look out. You will be replaced by someone willing and able to work for next to nothing.

Who determines what "next to nothing" is? The over paid, over benefited and under worked American worker and their demands or the global MARKET?
We are a global market now. You pay $45 for a pair of shoes that Wang makes because YOU demand that as you do not want to pay $100 for the same pair of shoes.

rdean = Useful Idiot.

Rdean=obsessed with Republicans.....if a Democrat did something wrong right in front of him....he would be telling everyone how a Republican is actually responsible...and he would not,in his mind, be lying,its just that he cannot fathom a Democrat actually doing anything wrong,so it has to be a Republican,who else is there?.....do you realise how proud Pelosi would be of this guy?....

Now they're planning a second plant.

Republicans are so fucking stupid. Look what you guys write. Serious fools. Must be terrifying, knowing I'm right.

hey Dean....since you disappeared in the other thread when this question was asked of you.....ill ask it again.....was outsourcing going on in the nineties?.....and who signed NAFTA?.....which has certainly not helped this kinda shit....has it....

Who determines what "next to nothing" is? The over paid, over benefited and under worked American worker and their demands or the global MARKET?
We are a global market now. You pay $45 for a pair of shoes that Wang makes because YOU demand that as you do not want to pay $100 for the same pair of shoes.

And when the "over paid, over benefited" American worker loses his job in the shoe factory to Wang, even that $45 dollar pair of shoes will be out of his reach.

And when the "over paid, over benefited" American worker loses his job in the shoe factory to Wang, even that $45 dollar pair of shoes will be out of his reach.
Called the free market capitalism.
Please name an economic system that is better.

YouTube - College Graduates in Shock, Regarding Sudden Disappearance of Good Jobs

George talks with a recent college grad experiencing shock and awe with regards to the current job climate. College students spend great time, energy and financial resources in the pursuit of a degree. Many are hitting a brick wall in seeking good paying work. Many are taking minimum wage jobs, or leaving the country to teach english. It seem that America will soon face a massive "brain drain" in reverse, where our best and brightest young people choose to pursue work overseas. A very sad ending to the story of a first world power.

The United Farm Workers are hiring gringos. Check with them!

If students would major in the areas where there is DEMAND then there would bea job.
That kid that went to HVAC vocational school graduates with a $40K to start job waiting for them.

there are always fresh business license forms at city hall.

there will always be high-paying sales jobs available.

i think a shit economy is a good environment for grads to cut their teeth and ween from the teet.

Last edited:
The medical profession has been hurting badly for the past 30 years. They are hurting now.

What is wrong with getting a degree in a field that needs people rather than getting a teaching degree and then sponging off of the taxpayer for the next 40 years...........

Okay, never mind.

i think a shit economy is a good environment for grads to cut their teeth and ween from the teet.
Yeah, but what happens when you can't sell shit to a fertilizer factory?

Yeah, but what happens when you can't sell shit to a fertilizer factory?

then you suffer from job disappearance shock, i guess. if you didn't know you've got to at least sell yourself to the job market, you'll have to take the lesson to heart while you live with mom and work at labor-ready.

sooner or later a sales guy or entrepreneur will get them a job. maybe management or something with some hiding places. that would leave them susceptible to management redundancy layoff shock in the next cycle. tough lot.

As a 2009 college graduate, I know the oppurtunities that were there 5 years ago are not there today. Everytime I interview for a job that would be considered entry level at a company with a reasonable chance for upward mobility I have to contend with people who have established careers. So ive pretty much had to settle with a job as a low level supervisor at a retail store and a part time bank teller... jobs that I pretty much would have had if I had not gone to college. Of course a paycheck or a job shouldnt be the only measures we use to judge how successful an education is to a person's life.

That's why we need to create our own jobs.

We DID create our own jobs. Republicans and corporations moved them to China.

WTF?

Hello!

Time to catch up.

Forum List

Back