College Football

It's hard to imagine Alabama at no. 12. I would guess Sabin is in therapy as we talk.

LOL.

Really Alabama has come the closest to beating LSU than anyone, which is why I think they should be #4 instead of the egg laying Oklahoma.

But alas, you have to earn it, which is something Alabama did not do because they lost to Auburn.

There are a number of reasons why Alabama should not be in the playoffs. I agree we have come the closest to beating LSU, and the two ridiculous turnovers in the first half doomed us.

But there are also the injuries suffered (not sure what the answer to that is, except for better fitness).

It's hard to imagine Alabama at no. 12. I would guess Sabin is in therapy as we talk.

LOL.

Really Alabama has come the closest to beating LSU than anyone, which is why I think they should be #4 instead of the egg laying Oklahoma.

But alas, you have to earn it, which is something Alabama did not do because they lost to Auburn.

There are a number of reasons why Alabama should not be in the playoffs. I agree we have come the closest to beating LSU, and the two ridiculous turnovers in the first half doomed us.

But there are also the injuries suffered (not sure what the answer to that is, except for better fitness).
Right, the injured QB did you in.

Don't know if he would be healthy enough for the playoff. If so, they should have been considered.

We all know what LSU will do to Oklahoma. They may as well put their second string in to guard against injury.

Well, for anyone paying attention, Wisconsin just showed to how to hold OSU to a minimum. Whether that is enough is the debate.
Wisconsin showed you nothing. You can thank Michingan for that egg in the first half. No zone option reads in the scheme due to a less than mobil qb. Feilds was roughed up by Michigan. . Also I have noticed for about three weeks some complacency in the first half on the part of the buckeyes. They are a bit big headed. They better feel the urgency in the playoffs. These are the right teams in it this year. All of these teams are dangerous. These play off teams bettter show up healthy and with urgency from the get go or any team could build quite a lead in a hurry..

Agreed.

It is hard to know what to expect from OSU and their new coach. It's all uncharted territory.

What it not uncharted, however, is the fact that OSU has NEVER beaten Clemson. Moreover, Woody Hayes last game was against Clemson when he punched that Clemson player that cost him his job as coach of OSU. Additionally, Urban Meyer suffered his worst defeat in his career as he lost to Clemson 31-0. In short, Clemson is OSU's kryptonite.

But there is something puzzling about Clemson, every time a team wins a national title, everyone leaves. Players go the NFL for more money and coaches go to other teams to be coaches to make more money.................EXCEPT................Clemson!!! All the coaches and players stayed. Why? Does not money motivate people in South Carolina like it seems to the rest of the world?

How do they do it? I suspect something fishy is going on here and wish it would be investigated.

But yea, Clemson still has all their parts from last year that destroyed Alabama in the final. This year they have had the luxury of just playing possum as they squeak by terrible teams in the ACC, as the coach tries to play the role of underdog to motivate his players. LOL.

No one is fooled kiddos!! Everyone expects them to win it all..........again.
Well IDk about every one but clemson was the last team I wanted to play first!!!!!!!!
Being an Ohio State fan, Clemson is the team I want to beat the most so I don't mind facing them first.

There is a loooong dark history here for OSU fans. It's the destruction of Woody Hayes and the embarrassment of Urban Meyer that OSU fans should feed off of to finally beat this team!

Again, OSU has never beaten them in their entire history.
I would -prefer to face them in the big game or not at all. I some times go bowl in Stromeys shoot out on Friday nights. Why I do not know because I do not bowl frequently enough to be competitive anymore. It is a match play winner take all tournament. I am a fan of me and if I want any prayer of winning I am better off to face Stromey really late in the tournament. Fucker is in the bowling hall of fame. I guess I go donate to this tournament to hang out with a hall of famer these days. I would win every now and then back 15 20 years ago but these days I am just reliving glory days. No chance of winning. PS I am a buckeye fan also. My sister works for OSU currently, my father taught there through the 70's and early 80,s.

I think we may need a play-in game. I favor it much more than expanding the playoff to 8 teams.

Na, it's fine the way it is. Some teams may get slighted, but let's be honest, the best team will be there and it is highly unlikely that Alabama could take Clemson this year either.

I think we may need a play-in game. I favor it much more than expanding the playoff to 8 teams.

Na, it's fine the way it is. Some teams may get slighted, but let's be honest, the best team will be there and it is highly unlikely that Alabama could take Clemson this year either.

I am as big a fan of Alabama as exists. But I don't think we could take Clemson or OSU.

The last time we played Clemson we lost because of two factors, coaching and their D-line.

Clemson had one of the best defensive lines to play college ball in a long time. 4 defensive linemen were drafted in the NFL, with 3 going in the first round.

Dabo Swinney did the smartest thing ever. He played his secondary deep to prevent big scoring plays. And when Alabama was in the red zone, the D-line prevented any scoring on short plays. It was brilliant.

I am as big a fan of Alabama as exists. But I don't think we could take Clemson or OSU.

The last time we played Clemson we lost because of two factors, coaching and their D-line.

Clemson had one of the best defensive lines to play college ball in a long time. 4 defensive linemen were drafted in the NFL, with 3 going in the first round.

Dabo Swinney did the smartest thing ever. He played his secondary deep to prevent big scoring plays. And when Alabama was in the red zone, the D-line prevented any scoring on short plays. It was brilliant.

Not sure that’s the question.

Forum List

Back