College football solutions

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
Schedule, schedule, schedule. This is the only way to fix the BCS bowl problem. All the teams that don't have the strength of schedule to place as number one, would not have that problem if the BCS set the schedule. The beginning fluff teams that are played by the bigger schools would be replace by schools that will challenge later in the season for the top spot. Then you take the top four teams and hold a Playoff for them. I really don't see any other way to come up with an undisputed nuber one due to the volume of teams.

I like the playing the fluff teams, and I would hate to see them go. The money generated for these fluff schools is so important to them I would hate to see them loose it, and really it is the only reason to play them other than practice. Also, you get the occasional Appalachan state upset and everyone loves a big upset, except us Michigan fans.

Go BIG TEN!!!!!

Worked out last year.

Auburn beat Oregon. Gawd I hate that school.

Bowl system is entrench wil never go away.

Then you take the top four teams and hold a Playoff for them. I really don't see any other way to come up with an undisputed nuber one due to the volume of teams.

I think strength of schedule is one of the good things about the current system. If you go to a top four playoff, the dispute shifts from who should be number one to who should be number four. The four, five, and six spot teams are usually pretty close. Either way, teams are going to get squeezed out in a seemingly arbitrary way.

The current BCS system, even with its flaws, usually does a good job of getting the top two teams in the country playing each other for the title. Sure there's some disagreement about which two. But that just increases interest and media coverage, both positives from the NCAA's standpoint.

They make too much money as it is to change, and someone who understands how the BCS works is a someone who's not going to just stop watching college football in a boycott. The NCAA, like the NFL, understands that they're selling an addictive product.

Then you take the top four teams and hold a Playoff for them. I really don't see any other way to come up with an undisputed nuber one due to the volume of teams.

I think strength of schedule is one of the good things about the current system. If you go to a top four playoff, the dispute shifts from who should be number one to who should be number four. The four, five, and six spot teams are usually pretty close. Either way, teams are going to get squeezed out in a seemingly arbitrary way.

The current BCS system, even with its flaws, usually does a good job of getting the top two teams in the country playing each other for the title. Sure there's some disagreement about which two. But that just increases interest and media coverage, both positives from the NCAA's standpoint.

They make too much money as it is to change, and someone who understands how the BCS works is a someone who's not going to just stop watching college football in a boycott. The NCAA, like the NFL, understands that they're selling an addictive product.

As you saud the BCS system is a good one and they do a good job, I just think with a little tweek here and there it could be improved to great. By letting the BCS set the schedule teams like Boise State, and TCU could actually play somebody at the beginning of the season to give them mosre credibility later on.

The four team playoff, I think works because it will also act as a warm up, and to knock the rust off before the big game. These teams sit for over a month without football before they play again.

Forum List

Back