College Football Season is HERE!

I was at that Fiesta bowl game and it was one of the most exciting game in the history of football. I was really pissed when all the sports "EXPERTS" and the Sooners fans on the way into the stadium(which is incredible by the way) saying there was "NO WAY" we could win. I ALWAYS felt that we had a chance to win whether or not it was a good chance or not when two teams suit up there is ALWAYS a chnace for the underdog to win.

I was at that Fiesta bowl game and it was one of the most exciting game in the history of football. I was really pissed when all the sports "EXPERTS" and the Sooners fans on the way into the stadium(which is incredible by the way) saying there was "NO WAY" we could win. I ALWAYS felt that we had a chance to win whether or not it was a good chance or not when two teams suit up there is ALWAYS a chnace for the underdog to win.

And those are the kind of games I love to watch! When I don't have a vested interest in a team (be it my alma mater, Indiana University, or the Big 10 Teams) then I ALWAYS pull for the underdog!

It's just because they are scared to be upset by teams that don't have multi million $ programs. BSU gets a lot of flack for not having a tougher squedual but the thing is you have to either have ONE game on their turf or at best a two for one. Two times away for one time here.......And even THEN there are still teams that have ZERO desire to play at BSU. They know we are giant killers and don't want to risk losing to a lower team.

I hear ya Cold, every coach loves a cupcake but hates a giant killer.
I wonder how BSU's affiliation affects their points in the BCS computer system, not just for them but for their opponents?

I think we really need to run up points because the compuer uses margine of victory as one of it's rating points. I just don't see ANY WAY at this point if we run out the rest of our year.

The onw complaint I have about Peterson compared to Hawkins is that we seem to come out of the second half witha decent lead but we play like we don't want to LOSE not like we want to WIN. I have seen BSU come out flat in the second half time and time again.

I don't entirely understand how the points system works. Margin of victory is a factor, so is strength of schedule, so are about a dozen other things. It's too complicated and ignores too many variables. For example, a championship caliber team that is stuck in a relatively weak conference is still a championship caliber team.

Don't bet your bottom dollar on a BYU loss. They've only got three games left that they couldn't win with their backups: FSU, TCU and Utah. FSU is today-- and FSU hasn't looked great lately. Utah struggled last week against SJSU and isn't convinced yet convinced by their quarterback. So the TCU game is the big one for BYU. That will be a tough game for either team to win.

So bet against them, but save that bottom dollar.

Michigan rolls Eastern, 47-17 at home. After a stellar day through the air against the Irish last week, Michigan's ground game stood out this week, racking up 6 TDs and nearly 400 yards at just under 10 yards a carry.

At 3-0, Michigan has now equalled last year's win total!

022MICHIGAN.jpg

Go Blue!!!!!

I'm watching the Tenn/Texas game while I'm getting ready to go out.

Colt McCoy.

Is there a better name for a quarterback? I think not. (tho he needs to step up his game tonight!)

I guess I'll catch the rest of the game at the bar, though the band starts at 10~

BAD call in the Hogs-Dogs game just now. :evil:
Hogs are down by three. By ten if these idiot refs don't clean their glasses before doing the review.

One of the worst calls ever is when BSU was playing the Beavers. They has the ball like fourth and one. Ball snapped we hold him back BALL COMES LOOSE and we recover but the ref called forward progress. Just getting the ball across the yard line desn't mean SHIT unless it is the GOAL LINE. The ball ball came out BEFORE the whistle should have been our ball and we would have almost certainly would have won.

Don't bet your bottom dollar on a BYU loss. They've only got three games left that they couldn't win with their backups: FSU, TCU and Utah. FSU is today-- and FSU hasn't looked great lately. Utah struggled last week against SJSU and isn't convinced yet convinced by their quarterback. So the TCU game is the big one for BYU. That will be a tough game for either team to win.

So bet against them, but save that bottom dollar.

Maybe this explains the poor performance of my portfolio...

Forum List

Back