College Football Season is HERE!

ROLL TiDE!
they sure pulled that one out

Yeah. Our defense was nothing short of fantastic, but it took awhile for our offense to start to click. Alot of people in Alabama forgot that this is the ACC champ that we played. I'm happy with the win.

I'm watching LSU barely hang on against a Washington team that went 0-12 last year. know some corn dogs that are not gonna be happy if LSU gets beat. :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
ROLL TiDE!

Yeah. Our defense was nothing short of fantastic, but it took awhile for our offense to start to click. Alot of people in Alabama forgot that this is the ACC champ that we played. I'm happy with the win.

I'm watching LSU barely hang on against a Washington team that went 0-12 last year. know some corn dogs that are not gonna be happy if LSU gets beat. :lol:
yup and the sooners losing to BYU

ROLL TiDE!

of course the UDub got beat, they are going to suck again this year. They did sign Joe Montana son so maybe in a few years they will be back to what they used to be. Last years Apple Cup was called the Toilet Bowl for a reason.
I just hope WSU at least gets two wins this season.

of course the UDub got beat, they are going to suck again this year. They did sign Joe Montana son so maybe in a few years they will be back to what they used to be. Last years Apple Cup was called the Toilet Bowl for a reason.
I just hope WSU at least gets two wins this season.

LSU looked awful though. The corn dogs are probably still trying to get the stains out of their drawers. :lol:

My Hogs should have a winning but not stellar season. It will take some time to rebuild after Nutt's antics. :cuckoo:

The West will be between Arkansas and Alabama. Ole Miss is overrated. Alabama has a scary defense, but their offense seems to lack. If Mallett can continue to connect with his receivers, we'll have no problems pulling out at least an 8-4 season. Honestly, if it weren't for Bama and Florida, I don't see why we can't go undefeated in SEC play. LSU is a joke, Ole Miss is a joke, and the rest of the west is a joke. Georgia doesn't look good at all, South Carolina is a joke. So Bama and Florida stand in our way, and unfortunately, I don't have high hopes for either of those games.

What makes this schedule particularly scary is the number of challenging away games. Florida, Bama, LSU, Ole Miss are by far our toughest opponents, and they will all be played on their home fields.

Arkansas has the toughest schedule in the toughest conference. If we can pull off an 8-4 season this year, I'll be freaking ecstatic. Next year, though, the rest of the SEC better watch out. We'll be returning a very seasoned and challenged team on a much easier schedule.

Last edited:
My Hogs should have a winning but not stellar season. It will take some time to rebuild after Nutt's antics. :cuckoo:

The West will be between Arkansas and Alabama. Ole Miss is overrated. Alabama has a scary defense, but their offense seems to lack. If Mallett can continue to connect with his receivers, we'll have no problems pulling out at least an 8-4 season. Honestly, if it weren't for Bama and Florida, I don't see why we can't go undefeated in SEC play. LSU is a joke, Ole Miss is a joke, and the rest of the west is a joke. Georgia doesn't look good at all, South Carolina is a joke. So Bama and Florida stand in our way, and unfortunately, I don't have high hopes for either of those games.

What makes this schedule particularly scary is the number of challenging away games. Florida, Bama, LSU, Ole Miss are by far our toughest opponents, and they will all be played on their home fields.

Arkansas has the toughest schedule in the toughest conference. If we can pull off an 8-4 season this year, I'll be freaking ecstatic. Next year, though, the rest of the SEC better watch out. We'll be returning a very seasoned and challenged team on a much easier schedule.

Nutt's recruiting skills (or lack thereof) are going to take at least this year to keep working through, but I think you're right. 8-4 might be a little optimistic given the strength of schedule, but after the mess left behind when the Drama Queen was tossed out I'd be satisfied with 7-5 all things considered. 8-4 would be more than satisfying.
All I can say is, we're on our way back. Nuck Futt.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
8-4 might be a little optimistic given the strength of schedule.

I wouldn't say optimistic, I'd say realistic. Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Georgia are the only teams that really have the skill to beat us. I don't think Georgia is going to be a problem. Ole Miss is on equal footing, but if they utilize Nutt's fourth quarter surge against the Razorbacks this year, they're going to find it too late to catch up. Petrino likes to put points on the board, fast. Mallett likes to get the ball down the field, fast. Ole Miss doesn't have the defense to stop our passing game.

I could see us losing in an upset to LSU or South Carolina, but I just don't think it's likely.

You also have to remember that Auburn has Malzahn, and our defense could have trouble against his play calling.

8-4 might be a little optimistic given the strength of schedule.

I wouldn't say optimistic, I'd say realistic. Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Georgia are the only teams that really have the skill to beat us. I don't think Georgia is going to be a problem. Ole Miss is on equal footing, but if they utilize Nutt's fourth quarter surge against the Razorbacks this year, they're going to find it too late to catch up. Petrino likes to put points on the board, fast. Mallett likes to get the ball down the field, fast. Ole Miss doesn't have the defense to stop our passing game.

I could see us losing in an upset to LSU or South Carolina, but I just don't think it's likely.

You also have to remember that Auburn has Malzahn, and our defense could have trouble against his play calling.

I don't see LSU continuing to suck as badly as they did this weekend, so while not as formidable as they used to be I won't chalk it up on the win side either. I won't count Ole Miss out yet either until I see them in action against a real opponent. Where Nut sucks worst is in recruiting, and that hasn't had time to catch up with him yet.
Sure 8-4 is realistic, if on the optimistic side. 7-5 is a distinct possiblity, although a little pessimistic. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and don't get bit by the donut!

I don't see LSU continuing to suck as badly as they did this weekend, so while not as formidable as they used to be I won't chalk it up on the win side either.

Even if they improve, they won't have what it takes to compete in the SEC this year. We've beaten them two years in a row with a lackluster team, when they were at the top of their game. They should be a pushover this year. The only thing they have going for them is homefield advantage, but we've already beaten them there once. :)

I don't see LSU continuing to suck as badly as they did this weekend, so while not as formidable as they used to be I won't chalk it up on the win side either.

Even if they improve, they won't have what it takes to compete in the SEC this year. We've beaten them two years in a row with a lackluster team, when they were at the top of their game. They should be a pushover this year. The only thing they have going for them is homefield advantage, but we've already beaten them there once. :)

True. Maybe after suffering through so many seasons of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, I'm almost afraid to believe. :lol:

Understandable. All I ask for is victory over Ole Miss. If we're 1-11, I wouldn't care as long as the 1 was Ole Miss. I can't wait for the next couple of years to be over so the Ole Miss fans will realize what a joke Nutt is. He's playing Orgeron's team, and he's winning. Just like he did during his first few years at Arkansas. He spent the next decade wasting our time with lousy recruits.

Here is what Houston Nutt knows about football:

Brett Favre just replaced Tarvaris Jackson at Minnesota. Jackson played his first two years of college at Arkansas under Houston Nutt, as a fourth string quarterback behind Matt Jones and others. Jones went on to be recruited as a wide receiver. Tarvaris was starting quarterback and got quite a bit of media attention last year, because he's really a pretty good quarterback. Nutt never saw it because he doesn't understand the concept of a dynamic offense. I watched them run the Wild Cat/Hog/Rebel/whatever a half dozen times Sunday. It didn't work, because it was expected. Nutt has GOT to learn to broaden his offensive attack, or he will NEVER win a BCS bowl game.

Furthermore, why is the play called the Wild Rebel now? Why was it ever called the Wild Hog? Gus Malzahn brought it to Arkansas, but he didn't invent it. Houston Nutt most certainly didn't fucking invent it. Why is the name following him? It should still be called the Wild Cat formation. Period.

Nutt doesn't understand offense, period. I don't care how good your running game is with no passing game to balance it. The entire offense consisted of the run, the run, a very occasional incomplete pass and the wildcat. Defense was average. Special teams sucked worse than a lot lizard with a hoover attachment. Which means any opponent with half a living brain cell was ready for us.
He took a team that by all rights should have been BCS caliber and eked out a minor bowl loss, and probably cost one of his players the Heisman in the process. And what was he doing? Brushing up on modern offense? Out recruiting the best and brightest (then KEEPING them)? Hell no, he was directing the band.

I can't wait until Ole Miss figures out what they got. :lol:

34 - 38

Notre%20Dame.jpg
university-of-michigan_logo.jpg

GO BLUE!

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) - Tate Forcier lifted Michigan to its biggest win under coach Rich Rodriguez.

Charlie Weis provided an assist.
Forcier's 5-yard touchdown pass to Greg Mathews with 11 seconds left capped a game-winning drive and lifted the Wolverines to a 38-34 win over No. 18 Notre Dame on Saturday.

"It will go down in history as one of the greatest games in the Michigan-Notre Dame rivalry," Mathews said. "I'm glad I got a chance to play in it."

A game for the ages Tigerbob! For those who missed it, here is a link:

Michigan 38, No. 18 Notre Dame 34 - CFB News - FOX Sports on MSN

I'm watching the O$U/USC game right now on ESPN.

Forum List

Back