18. Tennessee (0-0) 506 NR
19. Illinois (0-0) 422 NR
20. Oregon (0-0) 399 NR
21. South Florida (0-0) 350 NR
22. Penn State (0-0) 313 NR
23. Wake Forest (0-0) 203 NR
24. Michigan (0-0) 112 NR
25. Fresno State

*But the BIG 10 Represents with 5 Teams in the Top 25!

To see "other teams receiving votes:"

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/polls?poll=3&date=2008-08-01

Last edited:
Another Big "10" fan here!!

tOSU rules!

:lol::lol::lol:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx5TVBf6cWM]YouTube - I Don't Give A Damn For The Whole State of Michigan[/ame]

Here in Indiana we call Ohio State O$U! :lol:

LOL at the vid!

I like em this year. We have the talent to get to and lose another National Championship! :redface:

I root for Indiana too since my dad went there. Life long Bobby Knight fan. (best b-ball coach ever!)

I like em this year. We have the talent to get to and lose another National Championship! :redface:

I root for Indiana too since my dad went there. Life long Bobby Knight fan. (best b-ball coach ever!)

Well then I like you already! I am an 1988 Grad of IU, my dad played basketball there, and my daughter is going to go there! (well, in Fall of 2013)

I liked Bobby K. At least he NEVER had an sanctions against him, most of his players graduated, and he did good things for people that the public never found out about.

I love that we hired Tom Creen, I liked him when he was at Marquette, so was glad to see IU hired him after the Sampson fiasco.

Last year was IU's first bowl game in football in a long time. It was bitter sweet, because of Coach Hep's death at the beginning of the season from cancer. I look for IU to be 7-6 in football this year, with another bowl game.

2 years from now they will be in the ROSE BOWL-you heard it here first! :)

Last edited:
Well then I like you already! I am an 1988 Grad of IU, my dad played basketball there, and my daughter is going to go there! (well, in Fall of 2013)

My little brother went there too but dropped out, lol. I've lived in Ohio for years now and went to a little school in Dayton w/o a football team so I adopted tOSU.

I liked Bobby K. At least he NEVER had an sanctions against him, most of his players graduated, and he did good things for people that the public never found out about.

That is not said about the guy enough! :cool:

I love that we hired Tom Creen, I liked him when he was at Marquette, so was glad to see IU hired him after the Sampson fiasco.

I heard they are already calling the team the "Crimsome and Creen". LOL

Last year was IU's first bowl game in football in a long time. It was bitter sweet, because of Coach Hep's death at the beginning of the season from cancer. I look for IU to be 7-6 in football this year, with another bowl game.

3 cheers for the underdog!

2 years from now they will be in the ROSE BOWL-you heard it here first! :)

Yes. Yes I did! :lol: (I'll cheer em on for sure)

I am so ready for college football to start, is anyone else?

From Yahoo Sports:

Any of your teams in the top 25?

(Sadly, I.U. is not....:( )

Rank Team Record Pts Last Week
1. Georgia (22) (0-0) 1438 NR
2. USC (14) (0-0) 1430 NR
3. Ohio State (14) (0-0) 1392 NR
4. Oklahoma (3) (0-0) 1329 NR
5. Florida (5) (0-0) 1293 NR
6. LSU (3) (0-0) 1163 NR
7. Missouri (0-0) 1143 NR
8. West Virginia (0-0) 1008 NR
9. Clemson (0-0) 999 NR
10. Texas (0-0) 979 NR
11. Auburn (0-0) 888 NR
12. Wisconsin (0-0) 747 NR
13. Kansas (0-0) 714 NR
14. Texas Tech (0-0) 644 NR
15. Virginia Tech (0-0) 568 NR
16. Arizona State (0-0) 560 NR
17. Brigham Young (0-0) 547 NR
18. Tennessee (0-0) 506 NR
19. Illinois (0-0) 422 NR
20. Oregon (0-0) 399 NR
21. South Florida (0-0) 350 NR
22. Penn State (0-0) 313 NR
23. Wake Forest (0-0) 203 NR
24. Michigan (0-0) 112 NR
25. Fresno State

*But the BIG 10 Represents with 5 Teams in the Top 25!

To see "other teams receiving votes:"

NCAA Football - Rankings - Yahoo! Sports

The Big 10 is the best conference this year. OU should run through the South. The Horns are overrated and the only team that scares me is Texas Tech.

You can count on Georgia losing a game that they should win, so I'm betting on Ohio State and Oklahoma for the championship. The SEC and Tim Tebow can suck on my ballsack.

The Big 10 is the best conference this year. OU should run through the South. The Horns are overrated and the only team that scares me is Texas Tech.

You can count on Georgia losing a game that they should win, so I'm betting on Ohio State and Oklahoma for the championship. The SEC and Tim Tebow can suck on my ballsack.

OK!

Now, who is your team then? Is it OU?

I grew up in Clemson, so it would be pretty damn cool if they won the BCS title game this year.

I tell you what, I LOVE Big 10 Football (and basketball) but I really enjoy watching football with teams from the South. I love the SEC battles and the Texas/OU rivarly, Georgia/Alabama, Florida/Miami/Florida State, etc.......they sure love their football in the south!

Nothing is more fun than watching an upset of one of the "Big" Schools by some underdog too..................:cool:

OU is my Alma Mater. I meant Big 12 is the best conference, not Big 10 earlier. We've got 5 in the top 15. Plus K-State, OK State, and A&M are all decent teams. Texas Tech is the one to watch out for though. I don't think they'll play as a top 15 team all season, but they have the offense to upset any top 10 team in the nation on any given day.

The South is definitely crazy about their football. Nothing is nuttier than high school football in Texas. Luckily we pipeline into Texas and steal the best recruits.

As for the Big 10, Ohio State is a powerhouse. Wisconsin is the only real challenger to OSU. Illinois isn't going anywhere without Mendenhall and Juice Williams is overrated. Penn State is good but will lose to a mediocre team in the division and blow their chances. Michigan sucks.

Cullen Harper, James Davis, and CJ Spiller could have Clemson in the running. If they beat Alabama right out of the gate and they take the ACC, they'd be a legitimate championship team. They definitely have all the pieces and the talent to make a run at the title.

Definitely right about the underdawgs, EZ. How fucking awesome was it watching Kansas last year? Kentucky-LSU was the most memorable game of last year, IMO.

My prediction of the 8 teams that will be there in the end:

Oklahoma, Ohio State, Clemson, LSU, BYU, Arizona State, West Virginia, and Mizzou.

USC is overrated and Georgia will falter. No way Kansas repeats last year's showing. The SEC has a lot of good teams but no great ones. They will beat each other up and I think LSU beats out Florida for the SEC South and has a cakewalk against Tennessee. I think OU takes the Big 12 but Mizzou will play well enough to get a BCS bid. That's my prediction.

I'm totally stoked for my Sooners and NCAA football.

My prediction of the 8 teams that will be there in the end:

Oklahoma, Ohio State, Clemson, LSU, BYU, Arizona State, West Virginia, and Mizzou.

You have LSU, but not Georgia? What the hell? LSU lost all their best players. They have NOBODY. I'll be surprised if they win the West.

I'm just shocked that Arkansas even received votes for the Top 25. Seriously, what the hell were those voters thinking?

My pick this year to go all the way: Georgia. But, they have a tough road. Very tough.

You have LSU, but not Georgia? What the hell? LSU lost all their best players. They have NOBODY. I'll be surprised if they win the West.

I'm just shocked that Arkansas even received votes for the Top 25. Seriously, what the hell were those voters thinking?

My pick this year to go all the way: Georgia. But, they have a tough road. Very tough.

Georgia is probably the most talented team in the country. They're right up there with OSU. But they're also notorious for not playing up to their talent. Georgia will lose a game they shouldn't lose, probably to Florida or Tennessee, you can bank on it.

Did you see some of the upsets today?

As I stated earlier, Michigan sucks balls. :eusa_clap: for Bowling Green and ECU.

Anyone taking Illinois to upset Mizzou? :badgrin:

Cullen Harper, James Davis, and CJ Spiller could have Clemson in the running. If they beat Alabama right out of the gate and they take the ACC, they'd be a legitimate championship team. They definitely have all the pieces and the talent to make a run at the title.

:eek:

Bama is beating them down right now.

Poor Michigan.

Also, Texas A&M lost to Arkansas State, while Arkansas barely beat Western Illinois. This year sucks already.

Forum List

Back