College degree

You'd assault a kid? Classy!
That's why we have so many leftists like you. Not enough ass whippings as a child...you WHINED and got your way just like every other leftist.

iu

Nope, and not even a good try at a strawman argument.
I wasn't asking your opinion. I was making a factual statement.
Hmm, Republicans always see violence as the way to solve problems. Maybe that's why Red States are such economic basket cases. I wonder if the two are related?
And yet the most violent cities are ALL in blue states. St Louis,NYC,Chicago,Los Angeles...I can continue.

And yet the US is the most violent first world country and the most right wing.

I got a degree in history and English. Then I went to law school.

I got degrees in philosophy and political science then I shed all my worldly belongings and set out to walk the earth.
I'm too old to do stuff like that anymore. I need comfort. A pillow. Blankets. Some place warm.

That’s why you do it when you’re young.
Exactly. I moved all over the place. From Ygnacio Valley to Santa Cruz to San Francisco to Ashland Oregon to Salt Lake City to Oklahoma to New Orleans to Germany and now Chicago and here I stayed.
And I love it here.

I spent the better part of a decade traveling and working my way through China, Japan, and South Korea. I would arrive in a new city, find a job somehow, and set out to learn the people, traditions, faiths, and martial arts of the area. Stay for a year or two, learn as much as I could and meet as many people as I could, then move on.

I still have a lot of good friends all over the world from those days. If college is for networking, then those years were as well in their own way.

Blah. Not gonna be able to switch to Legal Aid major because I won't have high enough GPA when December rolls around....this is miserable. Pisses me off the 2 things I am most interested in Politics and History aren't really gonna help me find a job especially not in a smaller town like I live in.Still lost.

Blah. Not gonna be able to switch to Legal Aid major because I won't have high enough GPA when December rolls around....this is miserable. Pisses me off the 2 things I am most interested in Politics and History aren't really gonna help me find a job especially not in a smaller town like I live in.Still lost.
Of the two majors, political science offers more possibilities. Government jobs in public relations would be a possibility. In fact, you would probably find a number jobs in government administration. They wouldn't pay much and you might have move across the country but it would be a start. Eventually going to law school or getting a Masters in public administration would open a lot opportunities.

The mistake so many young people make is thinking a college degree is a ticket to a high paying job which is not the case except in a field with high demand. However, a college degree certainly isn't worthless. It just takes time to build up experience coupled with additional education. That should give you a good resume that can lead to really good jobs.

Of the two majors, political science offers more possibilities. Government jobs in public relations would be a possibility. In fact, you would probably find a number jobs in government administration. They wouldn't pay much and you might have move across the country but it would be a start. Eventually going to law school or getting a Masters in public administration would open a lot opportunities.

The mistake so many young people make is thinking a college degree is a ticket to a high paying job which is not the case except in a field with high demand. However, a college degree certainly isn't worthless. It just takes time to build up experience coupled with additional education. That should give you a good resume that can lead to really good jobs.

And stop being a paranoid, racist freak show. That would also help.

Anyone here with a degree in History or Political Science? What did you do with those degrees?

I am in college for Health Information Management and it was not even in the top 10 of things I wanted to go in to but it offered a chance at a good career etc...some of these classes are so asinine and over the top ON TOP of the fact they are for them to profit off of me and NOT something I will use in my career I am considering switching to Healthcare Management OR switching schools and going for a bachelors in History or Political Science but I am worried about what jobs I could get in those fields.
I have a major in history minor in polisci...What did I do with the degrees..Well normally you put the degree into a picture frame and hang it on the wall...

Last edited:

I switched schools...well I applied to a school I had been accepted to already once and will major in Political Science...at least then even if I can't get a job afterwords I will have a bachelors degree in something I am interested in and I get stipend money every once in a while.

I switched schools...well I applied to a school I had been accepted to already once and will major in Political Science...at least then even if I can't get a job afterwords I will have a bachelors degree in something I am interested in and I get stipend money every once in a while.
You can certainly get a job just make sure it's in someway related to your major, even if the salary is low.

Exactly. I moved all over the place. From Ygnacio Valley to Santa Cruz to San Francisco to Ashland Oregon to Salt Lake City to Oklahoma to New Orleans to Germany and now Chicago and here I stayed.
And I love it here.

Or will stay until the human shit on the sidewalks reaches your chin? As you stayed in the other places just that long?

Forum List

Back