College Blocks Facebook for a Week

Modbert - any addiction of any kind can negatively impact ones life. While not all users are addicted, many are and they don't even know it. That is the purpose of this experiment.

Hell - there are a few colleges that are banning laptops altogether just for this reason.

People are social creatures. If you ban facebook, they'll just find another way to communicate. Short of locking them up in a padded cell and isolating them, they will find a way to continue their "addiction." All this so called experiment confirmed is a lot of people rely on Facebook for communication. What a waste of money for paying whoever came up with this experiment.

Any college that bans laptops (and I assume desktops as well) are going to have to make up for the fact that the majority of professors these days want assignments done on the computer. I can imagine how well a college of say 10,000 kids get to share 100 computers would work out. :cuckoo:

No they didn't ban laptops at the colleges, just in the classroom. I posted a thread about it. Some very prestigious schools. Instead of taking notes, too many kids were facebooking.

Forum List

Back