Collective bargaining is not a right.

You have a right to peacefully assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances, but you don't have the right to collectively bargain. This is fantasy. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, or collectively bargain? Which one ACTUALLY appears in the bill of rights? That's what I thought. Commies, go home.

Edit: I am talking public sector ONLY, private sector is fair game for unions and management imo.

The 9th amendment protects rights not explicitly stated in the Constitution. The 10th amendment allows states to grant rights.

Wisconsin public sector employees have the right to collective bargaining, currently protected by Wisconsin state statue.

The governor wants to take away that right.

You have a right to peacefully assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances, but you don't have the right to collectively bargain. This is fantasy. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, or collectively bargain? Which one ACTUALLY appears in the bill of rights? That's what I thought. Commies, go home.

Edit: I am talking public sector ONLY, private sector is fair game for unions and management imo.
Where is it in the Constitution that a governor has the right to treat some public sector employees (teachers) as 2nd class citizens, who not entitled to the same rights and freedoms as other public sector employees (police, fire fighters), or their private sector counterparts?

Whatever happened to the conservative argument that "big" government has no business intruding on the rights and freedoms of citizens - the last time I checked public sector employees were still considered citizens in the People's Republic of Wisconsin!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back