Collective bargaining is not a right.

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
You have a right to peacefully assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances, but you don't have the right to collectively bargain. This is fantasy. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, or collectively bargain? Which one ACTUALLY appears in the bill of rights? That's what I thought. Commies, go home.

Edit: I am talking public sector ONLY, private sector is fair game for unions and management imo.

Last edited:
I do think they have a right to associate and act together. But you dont have the right to force people to join unions, take "dues" agianst their will, or prevent them from leaving if they choose.

Which seems to be what they are talking about when the talk about "collective bargaining".

You have a right to peacefully assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances, but you don't have the right to collectively bargain. This is fantasy. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, or collectively bargain? Which one ACTUALLY appears in the bill of rights? That's what I thought. Commies, go home.

Commies hate Unions.

And exactly what makes you think the Constitution doesn't cover labor dealing with management.

If government were left out of the equation..Unions would have a GREAT deal more leverage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/01/us/01poll.html?emc=na

Americans oppose weakening the bargaining rights of public employee unions by a margin of nearly two to one: 60 percent to 33 percent. While a slim majority of Republicans favored taking away some bargaining rights, they were outnumbered by large majorities of Democrats and independents who said they opposed weakening them.

I disagree. People do have the right to bargain collectively. However, they do not have the right to not be kicked out on their ass if they abuse it.

Commies hate Unions.

And exactly what makes you think the Constitution doesn't cover labor dealing with management.

If government were left out of the equation..Unions would have a GREAT deal more leverage.

WHAT? That makes no sense, the whole Communist Manifesto is about the rise of the workers via Unions to overthrow the means of production. What kind of crack are you smoking?

To answer your question; the fact that the Constitution does not say anything about it makes me KNOW (not "think") that it is not in the Constitution. If it is, cite it. If government were left out of the equation the public sector unions would not have unions the way mr. progressive himself, FDR, wanted. Read a god damn book.

Last edited:
The American people dont agree with you

This is why we have the rule of law instead of the force of a mob.

What the unions want is to force taxpayers into agreements where the latter's interests are not represented. Nobody has such a right.

Commies hate Unions.

WHAT? That makes no sense, the whole Communist Manifesto is about the rise of the workers via Unions to overthrow the means of production. What kind of crack are you smoking?

Oh..you've read the Communist Manifesto? That's one I skipped..so sue me.

In practice, Commies disband public unions once they get into power.

Hit the Commie Manifesto again..comrade.

The rule of law has already decided this one.

There are collective bargaining rights in many places in the country.

The American people dont agree with you

This is why we have the rule of law instead of the force of a mob.

What the unions want is to force taxpayers into agreements where the latter's interests are not represented. Nobody has such a right.

So when polls agree with you..it's the "Will of the American People" and when they don't it's "Mob Rules".

Got it.

the american people dont agree with you

this is why we have the rule of law instead of the force of a mob.

so when history/reality/logic/constitution agree with you..it's the "will of the american people" and when they don't it's "mob rules".

Got it.

fixed.

The proper mechanism to make changes is via the legislative process. If the American people truly wish collective bargaining to be a right, then the Constitution should be amended. I doubt there is enough real desire for such.

The right to assembly and the right to persue life, liberty and happiness.

I disagree. People do have the right to bargain collectively. However, they do not have the right to not be kicked out on their ass if they abuse it.

Where does the right originate, exactly?

Depends on who you ask.

Some say God/creator, some say rights are innate, some say the Constitution.

Take your pick. :thup:

I have every right to round up one or more colleagues, walk into the bosses office and demand that we all get a 10% raise or we're not doing anymore work. Do you actually believe I don't have any right to do that? But like I said, if the boss tells us not to let the door hit us on the ass on the way out, we have no right to keep our job.

Collective bargaining is a fiscal problem for the State of Wisconsin. It basically ties the hands of the Governor and the representatives (us, the people). The workers are being used and lied to by the “union”.

When I worked for a union company (for 25 years) I had to pay union dues. We (the workers) had to send $20 per month to the union hall and if we fell three months behind we would have to “re-initiate” and pay $500 plus whatever months we missed or we would be out of the “union”, out of a job and likely “blackballed”.

$20 a month sounds like a pretty good deal right? Wrong. It’s a big giant rip off because for every hour we worked we had to pay $1.57 to what the union calls “dues check off”. You read that right. For a forty hour work week we paid $1.57 for every hour worked to the “dues check off”. This amounts to $62.80 every week. That comes to $251.20 every month. Add the $20 we had to pay to the union hall every month it comes to $271.20 per month!
Guess what the average worker thinks he pays in dues for a month? If asked most workers will say $20.
They think that all they pay is $20 per month for dues! Ha, ha, ha!!!

Most workers don’t realize that they actually pay $271.20 per month for “UNION DUES”!! That’s $3,254.40 per year……….. for “UNION DUES”!! That’s just the f**king dues!!!

This money I’m sure the “union” would not like to see go out of their pockets. THIS is the reason the unions are pulling out all of the stops in Wisconsin. Believe me after 25 years dealing with the union I know firsthand that they don’t care one iota about the worker other than the dues they collect. They also make a boatload of money on the benefits as the hold the money and skim the interest off the top making many millions on the interest alone for just one account. What do they do with all of the money? Inquiring minds would like to know. I can only imagine. We’re talking billions of dollars made off the backs of the “union workers”. It used to be justifiable…now it’s a rip-off. Follow the money….it’s probably over in Cairo by now though.

Edited

Forum List

Back