Collards, please...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
I sure could use me a big mess of collar greens. Yum. Yum. Got some corn bread to go with that and maybe a slice of ham. Bring it on.

The ham, black eyed peas and collards I can handle, the rest....... well, enjoy....... have all you want.

Maybe 2-3 times a year I get a hankerin' for some chlorophyll in the bowels, so I'll open a can o' greens - dump on some butter, vinegar, salt and pepper. Microwave to hot. Yum.

who doesnt like cornbread and fried okra....if okra is done right....its not slimey at all.....a thing of beauty really.....

if you dont like cornbread what about hush puppies?

who doesnt like cornbread and fried okra....if okra is done right....its not slimey at all.....a thing of beauty really.....

if you dont like cornbread what about hush puppies?

I like corn bread anyway you can get it. Baked in the oven, fried, hush puppies. Bring it on. As far as Okra goes, love it anyway you can get it too - even in it's slimy state as a veggie in soup. Fried okra rocks.

Turn the stove on and get busy ladies.

Just wanted to add that fried yellow crooked neck squash is damned good too - especially with onions fried up with it.

Last edited:
Never liked cornbread but I will eat a little if I've been starved for a month or two, there's nothing else available and there's 5 lbs of butter to go with it as for okra, that's okay, just means more for all of you.

I sure could use me a big mess of collar greens. Yum. Yum. Got some corn bread to go with that and maybe a slice of ham. Bring it on.

Man I love collard greens, corn bread, black eyed peas, all that, my girlfriend of course hates it so I don't get to have it as much as I'd like.

I was at a buffet line loading up on all of the above, and there's a black guy on the other side filling his plate with roast beef, mashed taters, and such. We just looked at each other and laughed.

Forum List

Back