Colin Powell Weighs in on The SIDe of Sanity

Powell: Harvard Scholar Should Have 'Reflected

Gates "might have waited a while, come outside, talked to the officer, and that might have been the end of it," said Powell, one of the nation's most prominent African Americans.

"You don't argue with a police officer," Powell said.

Powell: Harvard Scholar Should Have 'Reflected' - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Yeah, he knew how to roll over and say what he was told to. Fat lot of good it got him

Powell: Harvard Scholar Should Have 'Reflected

Gates "might have waited a while, come outside, talked to the officer, and that might have been the end of it," said Powell, one of the nation's most prominent African Americans.

"You don't argue with a police officer," Powell said.

Powell: Harvard Scholar Should Have 'Reflected' - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Yeah, he knew how to roll over and say what he was told to. Fat lot of good it got him

Like when he knew there were no MDAs.

What the hell is a MDA. Oh wait that would be Master of Dumb Assery Certainly helps explain your nonsensical post...

Let me see now

I'm on record saying that:

Gates is a racist who over reacted
Obama should not have gotten involved
This event was about two EGOS clashing in the night.​

Yet how do this board's resident partisan idiots attempt to characterize my position?​

Willow claims:​

Edict dummie dear,, gates was treated respectfully til he started his assholishness!

Sarge plays her idiotic chorus by chiming in:​

No point telling Editec that, he does not care. He and the rest of the dumb asses have failed miserably on blaming this cop. Won't stop them from trying though. You remember the liberal golden rule " repeat it often enough and people will begin to believe it"

Honestly, are you people just really as stupid as you make yourselves appear on this board , or is your whole purpose for being here merely to attack people who you know are your intellectual superior with lies and venom?​

God you people are stupid.​

Nice! You guys have found another black man to say what you want him to...and parade him around. It's kind of neat that you all seem to think black men are the experts on racial issues. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, except he's dead right.

White, black, purple, you do not backtalk the cops. Period. Even if you're justified. Even if the cop is being a total dick. You will always always lose. They will jack you up on a weak charge (like happened in this case) just to prove a point. Even a citation offense is arrestable if you push the cop too hard.

And, frankly, as a black dude, and an old black dude at that, Gates should have known better.

This was a dick-measuring contest that got out of control, and the cop is going to win one ten times out of ten.

Nice! You guys have found another black man to say what you want him to...and parade him around. It's kind of neat that you all seem to think black men are the experts on racial issues. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

White, black, purple, you do not backtalk the cops. Period. Even if you're justified. Even if the cop is being a total dick. You will always always lose. They will jack you up on a weak charge (like happened in this case) just to prove a point. Even a citation offense is arrestable if you push the cop too hard.

And, frankly, as a black dude, and an old black dude at that, Gates should have known better.

This was a dick-measuring contest that got out of control, and the cop is going to win one ten times out of ten.

I don't think the cop is going to win this one in the end.

I don't think the cop is going to win this one in the end.

He'll probably get an administrative punishment, but that's only because of the media attention.

He already won the attitude contest.

This a 'teachable' moment in Foxnews bias.

Here's what they DIDN'T report that Colin Powell said in that same interview:

However, Powell noted that Gates should have not been arrested and faulted the Cambridge Police Department for escalating the incident.

"I think in this case the situation was made much more difficult on the part of the Cambridge Police Department," Powell told King. "Once they felt they had to bring Dr. Gates out of the house and to handcuff him, I would've thought at that point, some adult supervision would have stepped in and said 'OK look, it is his house. Let's not take this any further, take the handcuffs off, good night Dr. Gates.' "

Foxnews deftly made their story as good an example of a HALF TRUTH you will ever see.

Half truths, btw, are considered basic to the art of propaganda.

Foxnews' article title was "Powell: Harvard Scholar Should Have 'Reflected'"

It should have been Powell: Harvard Scholar Should have Reflected; Police Should have Acted Like Adults"

Foxnews, for those who want to be half informed...

don't worry... that isn't all that Powell said. He also said that perhaps Gates shouldn't have been walked out of his own home in handcuffs...

However, Powell noted that Gates should have not been arrested and faulted the Cambridge Police Department for escalating the incident.

"I think in this case the situation was made much more difficult on the part of the Cambridge Police Department," Powell told King. "Once they felt they had to bring Dr. Gates out of the house and to handcuff him, I would've thought at that point, some adult supervision would have stepped in and said 'OK look, it is his house. Let's not take this any further, take the handcuffs off, good night Dr. Gates.' "

Foxnews deftly made their story as good an example of a HALF TRUTH you will ever see.

It should have been Powell: Harvard Scholar Should have Reflected; Police Should have Acted Like Adults"

That is interesting. Where did you read it?

Nevermind, I forgot it was on Larry King Live.

don't worry... that isn't all that Powell said. He also said that perhaps Gates shouldn't have been walked out of his own home in handcuffs...
Damn, fooled by FOX again. I don't know why that keeps happening.

Sorry I forgot the link. Here's one: President Obama, Henry Louis Gates Jr., Sgt. James Crowley To Have A Beer At White House - wbztv.com

Forum List

Back