Colin Powell strikes down Dick Cheney on National Security

LOL, when Powell served with President Bush the left couldn't stand him, but today he is the sweetheart of the Left.:lol:
I am late to this thread, but that really is total bullshit. Powell was always a bright spot in an otherwise dismal Bush administration. His resume on national security certainly trumps Cheney's

Personally, I don't see what this man has done that was so great other than have a appropriate personality for his job.

do you really think that a man can rise all the way through the ranks in the US Army and become Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on the basis of an appropriate personality?

really?

You mean the assclown that lied to the world and then bailed on Chimp when things didn't go well in the war he fully supported and helped bring about, that Colin Powell?

Colin Powell is and was a great soldier. He didn't lie. He told what he thought was the truth. He was given a lie by people he trusted.

Remember, after 9/11, Bush had the highest approval rating of any president in recorded history. Who knew that he could be so misled by those around him. Of course, he was responsible because he was president, but he was in way over his head.

Bush and Powell were both terribly used in very different ways. But if anyone thinks Bush was bad, Palin would be a forest fire next to a "match". Unless she quit after two years. Then she would only be "half" as bad.

I don't know why everyone hangs on every word this man says about politics. I know he sounds nice and pushes out a commanding personality but anyone can do that so I wonder why is public presentation of oneself (aka acting) matter so much.

He is like a political baseball bat that gets swung by both sides. Personally, I don't see what this man has done that was so great other than have a appropriate personality for his job.

Some good reading:

Colin Powell Biography -- Academy of Achievement

LOL, when Powell served with President Bush the left couldn't stand him, but today he is the sweetheart of the Left.:lol:
I am late to this thread, but that really is total bullshit. Powell was always a bright spot in an otherwise dismal Bush administration. His resume on national security certainly trumps Cheney's

Powell was used by his president and advisers to give the administration a polish that still could not overcome their tarnish.

Powell was Reagan's attempt at affirmative action, Ralph Peters would have been a far far better CJCS

YouTube - Powell Rebuffs Cheney on National Security.mov

I can see why he left the Bush Administration. He has a mind of his own.

You mean the assclown that lied to the world and then bailed on Chimp when things didn't go well in the war he fully supported and helped bring about, that Colin Powell?

Colin Powell is and was a great soldier. He didn't lie. He told what he thought was the truth. He was given a lie by people he trusted.

Remember, after 9/11, Bush had the highest approval rating of any president in recorded history. Who knew that he could be so misled by those around him. Of course, he was responsible because he was president, but he was in way over his head.

Bush and Powell were both terribly used in very different ways. But if anyone thinks Bush was bad, Palin would be a forest fire next to a "match". Unless she quit after two years. Then she would only be "half" as bad.
As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Colin is a neocon tool and always was, and here you are making excuses for him!

Did you know he was the one that allowed Saddam to start gunning down Shia after the 91 ceasefire, and even instructed stormin norman to help them by giving them choppers?

No, of course you don't.

Damn fool.

LoL he's basically saying that Obama hasn't changed anything, that Bush's policies are all still in place.

He is praising Bush not Obama.

I thought Obama voters wanted bush's policies changed?

Powell was used by his president and advisers to give the administration a polish that still could not overcome their tarnish.

Powell is not the kind of man that allows himself to be used. He had ambitions. Sheesh talk about tarnish. You make him sound like an idiot.

Not at all. I think he thought he would be able to elevate the adminstration and found out that Cheney outfoxed him. He was not an idiot. He made a mistake.

Don't try to make a hero of this jackel now that he has turned on his own.
Turned on WHO? The American people or the Republican Party?

Be clear!

Fool me twice, shame on me.
That's not the way Dubya put it.

LOL!!
roflmao.gif

Personally, I don't see what this man has done that was so great other than have a appropriate personality for his job.

do you really think that a man can rise all the way through the ranks in the US Army and become Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff on the basis of an appropriate personality?

really?
Yeah he does. That and that he's black.

So in his mind because Colin had this totally superduper awesome personality, and he was black...the good ole folks let him rise though the ranks.

Last edited:

Powell is not the kind of man that allows himself to be used. He had ambitions. Sheesh talk about tarnish. You make him sound like an idiot.

No, if you know the full story, it makes him a good soldier who trusted his POTUS and VEEP and later found out that his VEEP had lied to him and the administration.

No, if you know the full story, it makes him a good soldier who trusted his POTUS and VEEP and later found out that his VEEP had lied to him and the administration.
Which of course is bullshit as he STILL claims the war was right and a good idea and he fully supports it.

Damn, some of you are extremly gullible.

Which of course is bullshit as he STILL claims the war was right and a good idea and he fully supports it.

Damn, some of you are extremly gullible.

And that has zero to do with what I said. Obviously you have a reading comprehension problem so I will break it down.

Powell's problem in the administration was about the intelligence that Bush/Cheney said we had. That was why he resigned, they promised him that the information he was taking to the UN was accurate....and like a good soldier, he believed them only to find out later, he had been lied to. Understand?

Last edited:

really?

It's based on politics.

He lost my respect when there were no WMDs. And I believe that will ALWAYS be held against him and he would never win an election now.

Sometimes, we don't know what we don't know. I respect Powell. I'd probably vote for him. It is naive and stupid to think that he's never made a bad call.... we really need to stop expecting perfect people. I'd take Powell over every single member of congress - left or right - any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I like Powell. But I think most of us think he knew he was lying.

Was the UN lying?
Was Ted Kennedy lying?
Was Al Gore lying?
Was Madeline Albright lying?
Was John Kerry lying?
Was Biden lying?
Was Bill Clinton lying?
Was Hillary Clinton lying?

Forum List

Back