Colin Powell Outcast?

W

White knight

Why is it you don’t see or hear much from Secretary of State Colin Powell regarding the campaigns?

My guess would be that he broke ranks with the administration and was told to go stand in a corner and keep quite. I’m sure he will be replaced in the next administration.
I have admired Powell as a stand up guy, who calls them like he sees them. I know he has had some clashes and disagreements with his boss in the past.
The last time I saw him was on a morning show interview in Quttar, the reporter asked a question about his WMD mobile facility testimony to the UN security council. His aid turned the camera away towards a palm tree. Powell got mad at the aid.
He was no show at the RNC. Now he’s off in China.
Any comments about why he appears to not to be rallying for the black vote?

Historically, the Sec of State does not campaign or get involved too deeply with campaigns....(of course you knew that, right? You were just asking a rhetorical question and trying to bait those that don't know)

Sure there will be changes in the 2nd term...perhaps Powell will take Rumsfeld's job and a "hawkish" Democrat will get the nod as the new Sec of State (maybe Lieberman)....how does that sound for a good scenario.

The question was raised on the Tavis Smiley show or NAACP or something,
I would at least think he would make some statements in support of our current policy.

Smiley is a very good independent voice out there for the most part. I don't see him badgering up support or bias on one side or the other (flagrantly, anyway)

Since my last post I have heard grumblings of Powell's replacement.....possibilities include Condoleeza Rice (good choice) and Wolfowitz (bad choice!).

Sec of State under Kerry admin would more than likely be Sen Biden, although Holbrooke would be a good choice, also......

nakedemperor said:
I believe Colin weeps himself to sleep every night.. He needs a hug. Big Time.
Why do you say that, he lonley?

Colin Powell - OutKast

powelloutkast.jpg

:D

:teeth:
He is already looking for a new line of work. :salute:

Forum List

Back