Colin Powell Jumping Ship?

Powell sold out any conservative ideals, and he did it for race and Washington popularity. That has been the mainstay of his entire political career. If he wants to admit his mistake, all the better, but other than that he should stay out of Republican politics; he has no ideas, much less new ideas, and is a distraction, and worse still will do it again creating more chaos given the opportunity.

Colin Powell doesn't have a dishonest or disingenuous bone in his body. His concern about the increased debt is valid, and he's most assuredly not the only Obama supporter to come out and openly assert his concern. Hello?

I'm quite sure that if General Powell were to flip back again and support a Republican candidate, you people would be slobbering all over him as the GOP's voice of wisdom. You're so transparent, it's sickening.

Haha, that's quite the laugh.
Colin Powell was the one that said the GOP needed to field a candidate that was "moderate". The GOP offered McCain. A man that was actually left of moderate and Powell voted for Mr Obama.
Mr Powell is a liberal and everybody with any sense knows it.

McCain was seen as a flipflopper. He abandoned his "maverick" image in favor of party-only politics. You must have missed the last half of the campaign.

Just another in the long line of American Black Theater Commanders, Black Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, Black Secretaries of Defense and Black Secretaries of State. That the notion of being the first Black anything is breaking down as a mile stone is in great part a monument to both Powell and men like him who, with dignity and courage overcame the barriers that being Black still present, but in the past could not be ignored.

As a winner of more medals and awards than most of us have years of life including the Bronze Star and the Purple Heart, he has demonstrated time and again the unassailable strength of charachter and will that is always a part of the make up of great men.

On what course is this only par?
Military accheivments do not equate into smart or loyal politics.

See: Julius Caesar, Napoleon, Hitler....

Was Powell ever a republican anyway? When he contemplated running for President in 96 or 2000, he considered running on the democratic ticket.

Mr Powell voted for Jimmy Carter over Ronald Reagan.
Nuff said.

Isn't it odd, then, that Reagan appointed Powell his National Security Advisor. Just guessing, but he might have voted for Carter simply because Carter actually served in the military rather than just making movies about it.

Was Powell ever a republican anyway? When he contemplated running for President in 96 or 2000, he considered running on the democratic ticket.

Nuff said.

Isn't it odd, then, that Reagan appointed Powell his National Security Advisor. Just guessing, but he might have voted for Carter simply because Carter actually served in the military rather than just making movies about it.

Then why did Powell vote for Obama ?

Nuff said.

yeah at least people like Clinton served. oh wait.

Powell is a scrumbag,, kicked his best liberal friend McCain to the Curb,, so he could vote along racial lines.. no respect left for him.

So its not because he liked him, its only cause he's black? And you wonder why Republicans are known WIDELY as the racist party, black people aren't bright enough to make a real educated opinion(like you show that you have all the time:lol:), they just voted for Barack cause he's mixed

Yea, that's right. They got caught up in the 24 hour a day hype about historical choices and a half black, first black President is better than no first black President. I work at a job that has 80% black employees, most I spoke to were voting for Osama without having a clue what he stood for or who he was. During the debates he TVs in the break rooms were actually on something other than team sports and yet it was still like a game to them. They cheered Osama's answers like he was shooting 3 pointers. Now that he is elected, the televisions are back on basketball, football or even fake wrestling, anything that has physical exertion and no thought. You are either dishonest or a naive imbecile to not know exactly why that George Soros puppet, with no leadership experience what so, ever got elected by the fools that voted for his Kenyan born ass.

As far as racism, I guarantee that if Osama was a true black person, a dark black person, he wouldn't have won the election. A light skinned black will always do better than a dark skinned black, Powell is another example. I would have voted for Condi Rice in a heartbeat but then again, I'm not really concerned about skin color, I'm more concerned with real intelligence and character........ both of which Osama is seriously lacking in.

Last edited:
Nuff said.

I don't know any more than what he said in his initial MTP interview. He liked what Obama was offering better, I suppose. Powell has never been a lock-step kind of guy. Ironically, that's exactly what we need. The party-above-all-else bullshit needs to stop.

Nuff said.

Did Powell vote for Clinton? Doubt it. Um, that IS the discussion, genius.

Powell is a scrumbag,, kicked his best liberal friend McCain to the Curb,, so he could vote along racial lines.. no respect left for him.

So its not because he liked him, its only cause he's black? And you wonder why Republicans are known WIDELY as the racist party, black people aren't bright enough to make a real educated opinion(like you show that you have all the time:lol:), they just voted for Barack cause he's mixed

Yea, that's right. They got caught up in the 24 hour a day hype about historical choices and a half black, first black President is better than no first black President. I work at a job that has 80% black employeesYou are either dishonest or a naive imbecile to not know exactly why that George Soros puppet, with no leadership experience what so, ever got elected by the fools that voted for his Kenyan born ass.

As far as racism, I guarantee that if Osama was a true black person, a dark black person, he wouldn't have won the election. A light skinned black will always do better than a dark skinned black, Powell is another example. I would have voted for Condi Rice in a heartbeat but then again, I'm not really concerned about skin color, I'm more concerned with real intelligence and character........ both of which Osama is seriously lacking in.

I hear and read that "George Soros" bullcrap all the time. What's up with that? So he's a billionnaire and donated some big bucks to Obama and the DNC. So??? Prove where George Soros has any influence over Washington policy. Not some asshole rightie's OPINION, but proof. If you've got none, then you just look like a parroting FOX fool.

I don't know any more than what he said in his initial MTP interview. He liked what Obama was offering better, I suppose. Powell has never been a lock-step kind of guy. Ironically, that's exactly what we need. The party-above-all-else bullshit needs to stop.

That makes no sense, so he votes for the most extreme radical (whether left or right) in almost 100 years ? .....:eusa_whistle:

[quote-sitarro]As far as racism, I guarantee that if Osama was a true black person, a dark black person, he wouldn't have won the election. A light skinned black will always do better than a dark skinned black, Powell is another example. I would have voted for Condi Rice in a heartbeat but then again, I'm not really concerned about skin color, I'm more concerned with real intelligence and character........ both of which Osama is seriously lacking in.[/quote]

You need some yourself before you can recognize it in others.

Did Powell vote for Clinton? Doubt it. Um, that IS the discussion, genius.

you insulted reagan for making movies about the military/war instead of serving in it. clinton dodged the draft and I am sure you rank him way above reagan.

That makes no sense, so he votes for the most extreme radical (whether left or right) in almost 100 years ? .....:eusa_whistle:

Whistling Dixie I presume? Obama an extreme radical? Not your basic pasty-faced pudgy presidential wannabe, for sure. But then there's Sara Palin. And here I thought you guys were the ones who get all fired up about someone running for office who doesn't represent politics as usual. Only when it's one of yours, I guess. Nevermind...

Last edited:

Whistling Dixie I presume? Obama an extreme radical? Not your basic pasty-faced pudgy presidential wannabe, for sure. But then there's Sara Palin. And here I thought you guys were the ones who get all fired up about someone running for office who doesn't represent politics as usual. Only when it's one of yours, I guess. Nevermind...

He is a radical and represents Chicago thug politics as usual. Pasty faced huh ? Thanks for proving yet again who the real racists are, skin color doesn't matter to me, only their policies. You however ......

Last edited:

He is a radical and represents Chicago thug politics as usual. Pasty faced huh ? Thanks for proving yet again who the real racists are, skin color doesn't matter to me, only their policies. You however ......

bullseye!

Colin Powell doesn't have a dishonest or disingenuous bone in his body. His concern about the increased debt is valid, and he's most assuredly not the only Obama supporter to come out and openly assert his concern. Hello?

I'm quite sure that if General Powell were to flip back again and support a Republican candidate, you people would be slobbering all over him as the GOP's voice of wisdom. You're so transparent, it's sickening.

Haha, that's quite the laugh.
Colin Powell was the one that said the GOP needed to field a candidate that was "moderate". The GOP offered McCain. A man that was actually left of moderate and Powell voted for Mr Obama.
Mr Powell is a liberal and everybody with any sense knows it.

McCain was seen as a flipflopper. He abandoned his "maverick" image in favor of party-only politics. You must have missed the last half of the campaign.

I didn't miss anything.
I voted for many things on election day, but I skipped the part for president since there wasn't a worthy candidate on the ballot. Even the libertarians failed to produce a candidate worthy of a potential vote.
The way I see it, even voting for the lesser of two evils is still casting a vote for evil. None of the above was my choice.

Nuff said.

Mr Reagan appointed the person he thought was best for the job, partisan politics had nothing to do with it. So no, it's not odd at all.
It's also not odd that Mr Obama appointed Mrs Clinton to the position of Secretary of State. Even though I disagree with both Mr Obama's and Mrs Clinton's politics, he appointed her because he felt she was the best one for the position. Again, I disagree with her political stance, but based upon her background, she is qualified for the position.

Forum List

Back