Colin Powell Endorses Obama

But not those Republicans or anything right Elvis?

Maybe from Liberals elsewhere but not here. So think of a new talking point.

I meant in reference to Powell. I never said liberals here, there anywhere. I said liberals.

Last edited:
Again, maybe from others but not here.

Besides, I expect the Uncle Tom and Judas calls from the GOP against Powell now. :eusa_whistle:

Judas? That namecalling is reserved for James Carville, who last I checked, isn't in the GOP.

Gotcha.

Nothing wrong with Christians, I am one. I am also voting for Obama.

I think he meant the fundamentalists that are trying to dictate the Republican Party, eh?
That is exactly what I think he meant! There is nothing wrong with being Christian, the problem is it being involved in a party or election. Or excluding people because they don't believe in the same things you do!

What Would Make Colin Powell Run? - TIME

Is this one better? Read the whole thing. It proves he isn't solid for one party or the other.

Who was the general so popular that politicians of both parties salivated at the thought of him on the national ticket? No, not Eisenhower. This general is very much alive and all over TV. And being mentioned for Secretary of State if he wants a new job before 1996. It is of course, Colin Powell.

So even though the Republicans are saying it's no big deal he's endorsing Obama, don't you think they would be foaming at the mouth right now if he would have said he's endorsing McCain today?

Be honest now.............

The thing is, BOTH PARTIES respect the man! Somehow, some of you can't see that!

So even though the Republicans are saying it's no big deal he's endorsing Obama, don't you think they would be foaming at the mouth right now if he would have said he's endorsing McCain today?

The thing is, BOTH PARTIES respect the man! Somehow, some of you can't see that!

I can't speak for republicans. I don't know why this is such a surprise. People think because he played the game for the republicans at the UN that he's a neocon.

Since I am not a party person, merely a conservative, it matters not to me.
I always liked (not loved) Powell..EVEN THOUGH I KNEW HE WAS LIBERAL.

I can't speak for republicans. I don't know why this is such a surprise. People think because he played the game for the republicans at the UN that he's a neocon.

Well, I also think the Republicans are surprised because he's donated money to McCain's Campaign.....

Ya think?

neocon? Ya think? :confused:

In my eyes, McCain is his own man. Powell is his own man. Neither is particularly faithful to either party. I always thought Powell was a centrist. That was why I believed in the WMD's. Because Powell gave that speech. I didn't think he would lie.

He didn't lie. he was fed a lie and then he repeated it as fact because the Booooosh-DICK administration knew people would believe him before they would believe the criminals in the WH. Obviously, you did.

Powell was so shaken by the administration's falsehoods and especially their abuse of his good reputation that he resigned. Rove and Boooooosh did anyone in who got in their way, including John MCCain in 2000 in South Carolina. McCain should have been the GOP nominee in 2000. If he had, we would not be fighting the war in Iraq and spending a Trillion dollars on Booooooosh's follies.

He didn't lie. he was fed a lie and then he repeated it as fact because the Booooosh-DICK administration knew people would believe him before they would believe the criminals in the WH. Obviously, you did.

Powell was so shaken by the administration's falsehoods and especially their abuse of his good reputation that he resigned. Rove and Boooooosh did anyone in who got in their way, including John MCCain in 2000 in South Carolina. McCain should have been the GOP nominee in 2000. If he had, we would not be fighting the war in Iraq and spending a Trillion dollars on Booooooosh's follies.

At what point was Powell trying to talk Bush out of the war? was this before or after the speech at the UN?

Forum List

Back