Colin Powell Endorses Obama

I think it speaks volumes that Colin Powell, a distinguished American MILITARY man, has put his name out there to endorse Obama, risking his credibility and his name. More imporantly, like when McClellan "defected" and wrote that book, Colin was intimately involved with Bush, and still is able to see what Obama may be worth to this country. This should present doubt to those who bad mouth Obama, and support McCain, and to those who follow the conservative Media such as Fox and believe it word for word. This is a man of credibility and establishment, and I am so happy that he speaks for truth amidst this environment of chaos.

Powell and BUsh parted ways years ago,and they parted because they have fundamental difference of opinions over foreign policy.

For me it doesn't. I like Powell but I realize he's only supporting Hussein for the same reason Oprah is.

Well there you go then! I can tell you are totally Objective about the whole thing, Adolph!

Powell and BUsh parted ways years ago,and they parted because they have fundamental difference of opinions over foreign policy.

yes, Powell knew what he was talking about and Booooosh didn't That is pretty fundamental to me.

This election has a lot riding on the swing-voters, independent and non-committed voters. I think the endorsement, in that context, is fairly significant.

And after the last 2 weeks of ... well whatever it is that the last 2 weeks have been about.. I think it has re-invigorated the Democratic base in that... Powell's endorsement is like a balm of unity and good politics. (lol.. my sentimental streak.. sorry for any offense)

This election has a lot riding on the swing-voters, independent and non-committed voters. I think the endorsement, in that context, is fairly significant.

And after the last 2 weeks of ... well whatever it is that the last 2 weeks have been about.. I think it has re-invigorated the Democratic base in that... Powell's endorsement is like a balm of unity and good politics. (lol.. my sentimental streak.. sorry for any offense)

I like your way of thinking! :cool:

That everything is Republican/Democrat and there is nothing in between? Perhaps brainwashed wasn't a strong enough term, actually.

jillian just created a thread called "another real conservative endorses obama." are you going to ask her "what the hell a real conservative is?"

what i was trying to get at is that powell has never really been committed to either party. I posted a link earlier which stated he had considered running in the democratic primaries in 1996 against Al Gore.

What i was trying to say in this previous post is that if he were a diehard conservative, he wouldn't have ever considered running on the dem ticket.

Forum List

Back