Colin Powel tells the truth - contradicts Bush

acludem

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2003
Missouri
Here it is, the truth about what is going on in Iraq from the only honest member of the Bush administration, Colin Powell.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133629,00.html

And I specifically got the link from Fox so you couldn't try and blame this on the so-called liberal media.

Bush is lying to the American people about Iraq. He lied to get us into the war, he's lying to keep us there and it has now cost over 1,000 soldiers, countless civilians, and billions of dollars to perpetuate Bush's lies.

acludem

How in your demented liberal mind does Powell saying the situation in Iraq is bad and terrorists will step up attacks to disrupt elections (NO SHIT) equal Powell saying Bush lied Lied LIED LIED DAMMIT!!! ?

And on another note I love how you tote Powell as "the only honest member of the Bush administration" only when he seems to agree with you. Seems being the operative word, because he really isn't.

acludem said:
Here it is, the truth about what is going on in Iraq from the only honest member of the Bush administration, Colin Powell.

And I specifically got the link from Fox so you couldn't try and blame this on the so-called liberal media.

Bush is lying to the American people about Iraq. He lied to get us into the war, he's lying to keep us there and it has now cost over 1,000 soldiers, countless civilians, and billions of dollars to perpetuate Bush's lies.

acludem

How did this story say Bush was lying?

acludem, how could you, don't you know that what Powell said is just another crazy "guess" from the lunatic fringe? More nutcases like the NIE, Allawi, McCain, Hagel, and the Army War College. :rolleyes:

The president says the situation is improving. The general says the situation is getting worse.

It doesn't take a huge leap of logic to notice that this disparity could only mean that someone is misinformed or someone is shading the truth.

Q It seemed as if Secretary Powell kind of contradicted the President in saying that things were getting worse there, when of course the President has been saying all along that things are --

MR. McCLELLAN: I think he's said exactly what we've been saying for quite some time. Secretary Powell was talking about an increase in violence associated with efforts to disrupt the election process. And we have, for a long time, said that we expect an uptick in violence as we move closer to elections. The terrorists recognize how high the stakes are in Iraq. They want to shake our will, but they cannot. They will be defeated. They recognize that we are approaching a decisive moment in Iraq, and that is the -- that is free and fair elections by the end of January.

And we are working very closely, as partners with the interim government in Iraq, to address the ongoing security threats. It's hard work transitioning to democracy. And there remain difficulties along the path to democracy and peace in Iraq. But we are there to support the Iraqi people every step of the way.

Q So he wasn't off message?

MR. McCLELLAN: No, he said what we've said for a long time. He was talking about it in association with the elections.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/09/20040927-2.html

I watched the President on ORielly last night. He said that the terrorists will probably kick up the attacks to try to disrupt the elections. So how exactly Is Powell Contradicting him?

acludem said:

acludem

Well I suppose that if your regular sources are discredited, a good fall-back plan is to go to reputable venues and then "interpret" the information to suit yourself.

Of course terrorist activity will increase between now and the elections - for very obvious reasons. That is the context of Powell's remarks. "Powell said the insurgency is only becoming more violent as planned January elections near."

You want to seize this comment and twist it into another leftist Bush bashing lie. Apparently you must assume that others on this board have rather poor reading comprehension skills and cannot put information into perspective. Or perhaps you have become so rabid in your campaign to paint Pres. Bush as an unprincipled liar that your own ethics are beginning to erode. Or perhaps you have simply been exposed to too much viewing of Michael Moore garbage.

Have you become so desperate to defeat Pres. Bush that you are now cheering for a defeat in Iraq? Are you now so indoctrinated in Democrat propoganda that you can no longer distinguish fact from fiction? And why is it that the lib response to every problem is to cut and run. Here's the conservative view, from another exerpt from the same article:
"Asked about Rumsfeld's comments, Powell repeated the State Department's assertion that all Iraqis must have the chance to vote if the election is to be credible.

"You know, there will be polling stations that are shot at," he said. "There will be insurgents who will still be out there who will try to keep people from voting."

"But I think what we have to keep shooting for and what is achievable is to give everybody the opportunity to vote in the upcoming election, to make the election fully credible, and something that will stand the test of the international community's examination."

The Republican goal is free elections and a democratic society for the Iraqis. The lib goal is to defeat George Bush and to tell any lie, insult any friend, coddle any enemy and ignore any fact in your self-destructive rush to elect an idiot.

Shame on you. Some of your posts have made me question your judgement, but this is the first that has made me question your ethics.

And his reasons for lying are ?????

eric said:
And his reasons for lying are ?????

Dont you know anything? Its to get cheap oil! I mean never mind the fact that if all Bush wanted was oil he could have dropped the sanctions and Saddam would have had no problem selling it to us and then using the revenues to build WMDs to destroy us. Nevermind that the Libs claimed it was for oil in 92 Never mind that we have yet to benefit from said oil. Its all for oil.

I think the issue here is that Powell used the verb 'is' and Bush is just now using the verb 'will'. Could Bush be moving in the direction of a flip flop?
By the way, if there is a true democracy established in Iraq, it will go to the
muslim fundamentalists. I believe they are the predominant population. I don't think that is what America has in mind.
We need to face facts for sure or we will never be able to get out of there. We should have never gone in there. Our best bet would have been to encourage a civil war--we would have wound up with the same result without loss of our boys lives and without spending so much money.
I'm pretty sure that the senior Bush stopped when he did because he knew that the country would go to extreme fundamentalists.
I also think you underquoted Kerry. He has said several times he wouldn't have gone to war without the support of our long time allies in the world and
the general concensus in the UN.
A little more time to allow the weapons inspectors to complete their job would have saved a lot of waste. :dance:

redminnow said:
I think the issue here is that Powell used the verb 'is' and Bush is just now using the verb 'will'. Could Bush be moving in the direction of a flip flop?
By the way, if there is a true democracy established in Iraq, it will go to the
muslim fundamentalists. I believe they are the predominant population. I don't think that is what America has in mind.
We need to face facts for sure or we will never be able to get out of there. We should have never gone in there. Our best bet would have been to encourage a civil war--we would have wound up with the same result without loss of our boys lives and without spending so much money.
I'm pretty sure that the senior Bush stopped when he did because he knew that the country would go to extreme fundamentalists.
I also think you underquoted Kerry. He has said several times he wouldn't have gone to war without the support of our long time allies in the world and
the general concensus in the UN.
A little more time to allow the weapons inspectors to complete their job would have saved a lot of waste. :dance:

Our democracy/republic was based in Christianity - a muslim-based democracy will be just fine. Your 'Let them die - not us' attitude is nausiating. :(

You are either young or naive. Ask the kurds about a civil war, they will tell you personally the result would not have been the same. As far as our so called allies, France, Germany, and Russia had every reason NOT to take out Saddam, he was worth too much money to them.

eric said:
You are either young or naive. Ask the kurds about a civil war, they will tell you personally the result would not have been the same. As far as our so called allies, France, Germany, and Russia had every reason NOT to take out Saddam, he was worth too much money to them.

who are you replying to/what post are you replying about?

We need to face facts for sure or we will never be able to get out of there. We should have never gone in there. Our best bet would have been to encourage a civil war--we would have wound up with the same result without loss of our boys lives and without spending so much money

This comment by redminnow !

redminnow said:

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? You having a Clinton flashback?

Republicans do not quibble over the definition of "is" or "will".

:rock:

The statement from Colin Powell as quoted in the article was "it's getting worse" Bush's statement's were all about how things were getting better in Iraq. It's a direct contradiction. I would point out that this is not the first time that Powell has said one thing and the rest of the Bushies another.

Bush lied. He said there were WMDs in Iraq, there aren't. He said Saddam was linked to Al Qaeda, he wasn't. These were LIES.

Clinton lied about sex, it cost no one their lives, just a lot of taxpayer money. Bush lied about Iraq, it has now cost over 1,000 american soldiers lives, the lives of many soldiers from other countries and the lives of countless Iraqi civilians (including women and children). And hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars. Who is worse?

acludem

Forum List

Back