Colin Kapernick

Worth noting here that most RWnuts don't have a problem with police brutality against people of color.

I have a problem when thugs act like thugs then get pissed when police treat them like thugs. If you don't want to be treated like a thug, don't act like one.

I have a problem with police brutality. I don't agree that what you call brutal fits the definition as I have explained.

Interesting how you don't seem to have a problem with police treating white people in a manner you consider brutal. Or is it that you think white people deserve it?
how many unarmed white guys have police killed?

Plenty.

its your constitutional right do and say nothing about it ... would you protest if someone made you take a stand about unarmed whites being killed by cops?

Why do you automatically assume the unarmed person was innocent? Michael Brown was unarmed but got what he deserved because of his actions. Blacks riot and protest. Justine Damond, white, unarmed and innocent killed by a officer of color and blacks say nothing.
guess blacks figure they have their own to worry about ....let whites worry about whites

Police brutality and racial inequality was the ORIGINAL REASON Kaperinic took a knee in 2016.

Lie, Spin, bitch ... Trump is too damn stupid to be truthful - his idiot drones are too damn stupid to do anything but kiss his ass. Total confusion leading to horseshit rants for the wrong reasons.

Police brutality. And racial inequality. That's what demonstrations during the national anthem are about!

That's what Colin Kaepernick knelt for last year, long before Trump was in office. Kaepernick was never specifically protesting about Trump. Heck, Kaepernick had harsh words for Hillary Clinton, too. His protest was about African-Americans getting shot by police officers, profiled by law enforcement and labeled as dangerous thugs by society. That's a crisis that predates the Trump presidency by decades.

Kaepernick's message was initially distorted, garbled and repurposed by those who specialize in distorting, garbling and repurposing any messages they don't want to hear. The get the hell out of my countrycrowd has always been too dedicated to being part of the problem, dating back to the civil rights movement, to listen to the likes of Kaepernick. But plenty of other athletes and activists understood Kaepernick's cause and rallied to it.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2735093-have-we-lost-sight-of-what-colin-kaepernick-was-really-protesting-for

Colin Kaepernick is welcome to his 1st Amendment protests. Football events are private events. It's his WORKPLACE and he is an EMPLOYEE there. THAT'S where the issue is. There are OODLES of workplace rules and contractuals that PROHIBIT carrying protests to game day.

No matter how many the left asserts otherwise ---- they are only showing their ignorance of 1st Amendment issues.

your opinion ...

the team, and the facility belong to the owner. They are in their constitutional rights to assemble, and protest peacefully.

The people that dont like that dont go there, and most certainly dont go there then bitch about what goes on after you get there.

Not if they violate their WORK RULES and CONTRACTS with the owners. They have NO right to disrupt the business they work at without CLEAR consent from the ownership. That's the issue. NOT -- a right to peaceably assemble issue.

Now -- it's up to the NFL. If they want to make this another "pink ribbon" exercise or not. NOT up to Trump or the Govt.. And the players HAVE the option to take their protest to MANY other venues.

Jerry Jones taking arms, and kneeling in his own stadium with his own team speaks for itself.

Players contracts ? I'd love to see ONE that stipulated no knee taking. Just one.

next contestant.

You shouldn't display this much ignorance on topics you want to fight about. I never lie or misrepresent on a Message Board.

Does the NFL Require Players to Stand for the National Anthem?

Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

NEXT OP CONTESTANT PLEASE.. Go ahead -- go it a 1st Amendment Issue.. Dare you...

players weren't required to even leave the locker room until 2009 .. taxpayers foot the tab for them to take the field. Do you want taxpayers to mandate they salute wen they're out there ? Write up a contract and pay them then.

patriotism, bought and paid for.

I have a problem when thugs act like thugs then get pissed when police treat them like thugs. If you don't want to be treated like a thug, don't act like one.

I have a problem with police brutality. I don't agree that what you call brutal fits the definition as I have explained.

Interesting how you don't seem to have a problem with police treating white people in a manner you consider brutal. Or is it that you think white people deserve it?
how many unarmed white guys have police killed?

Plenty.

its your constitutional right do and say nothing about it ... would you protest if someone made you take a stand about unarmed whites being killed by cops?

Why do you automatically assume the unarmed person was innocent? Michael Brown was unarmed but got what he deserved because of his actions. Blacks riot and protest. Justine Damond, white, unarmed and innocent killed by a officer of color and blacks say nothing.
guess blacks figure they have their own to worry about ....let whites worry about whites

The difference is white don't act like savages like the n*ggers do.

So, what a tangled web we weave. This is getting way over the top complicated. NFL (mostly black very well paid arguably ELITIST) athletes protesting...what exactly? How does this affect them? No other groups (gays, women, handicapped left handed freckled people are playing this game. It's a game. Healthy young MEN , 75% black, all males, play in the NFL. Perhaps its time to remove the national anthem from sporting events. Idiots of ALL ilks are making an perfectly innocent issue something it wasn't meant to be. Boy howdy, I know how to silently boycott and stop watching football or any sporting events if the athletes want to push their politics on us.

Last edited:
Colin Kaepernick is welcome to his 1st Amendment protests. Football events are private events. It's his WORKPLACE and he is an EMPLOYEE there. THAT'S where the issue is. There are OODLES of workplace rules and contractuals that PROHIBIT carrying protests to game day.

No matter how many the left asserts otherwise ---- they are only showing their ignorance of 1st Amendment issues.

your opinion ...

the team, and the facility belong to the owner. They are in their constitutional rights to assemble, and protest peacefully.

The people that dont like that dont go there, and most certainly dont go there then bitch about what goes on after you get there.

Not if they violate their WORK RULES and CONTRACTS with the owners. They have NO right to disrupt the business they work at without CLEAR consent from the ownership. That's the issue. NOT -- a right to peaceably assemble issue.

Now -- it's up to the NFL. If they want to make this another "pink ribbon" exercise or not. NOT up to Trump or the Govt.. And the players HAVE the option to take their protest to MANY other venues.

Jerry Jones taking arms, and kneeling in his own stadium with his own team speaks for itself.

Players contracts ? I'd love to see ONE that stipulated no knee taking. Just one.

next contestant.

You shouldn't display this much ignorance on topics you want to fight about. I never lie or misrepresent on a Message Board.

Does the NFL Require Players to Stand for the National Anthem?

Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

NEXT OP CONTESTANT PLEASE.. Go ahead -- go it a 1st Amendment Issue.. Dare you...

players weren't required to even leave the locker room until 2009 .. taxpayers foot the tab for them to take the field. Do you want taxpayers to mandate they salute wen they're out there ? Write up a contract and pay them then.

patriotism, bought and paid for.

Tough shit. Not a big imposition to have a moment of national unity at sporting events. And WTF does "players weren't required to leave the locker room until 2009" ? The coaching staff can make exceptions.. They are usually ON THE FIELD -- prior to the game anyways. Good thing you're not a lawyer.

The Taxpayers who stupidly subsidize Billionaire owners are the City/County/State taxpayers. Not Federal ones. I'm not interested in the idiotic moves that some cities make. The only Fed money comes from providing the Honor Guard and military personnel to be recognized and honored at these events. You AGAINST THAT?

One aspect of this history that has spawned some confusion in recent days concerns a change made in 2009.

Until that year, players in primetime games would remain inside their locker rooms while the anthem was sung, due to timing concerns for the television networks. After 2009, the players in primetime games have been on the field during the anthem, McCarthy said.

"players are strongly encouraged, but not required, to stand during the national anthem." He has used essentially the same language in previous statements going back to 2016.

In 2015, Sen. John McCain and Sen. John Flake released a joint oversight report on what they called the “paid patriotism,” saying the Department of Defense gave as much as $6.8 million in taxpayer money to professional sports teams to honor the military at games and events over the past four years. McCain criticized the move in a statement at the time, saying, “Fans should have confidence that their hometown heroes are being honored because of their honorable military service, not as a marketing ploy.”

Last edited:
Blacks are extremely overrepresented in professional sports. We need to help level the playing field by requiring owners to hire more Asian and Jewish players, even if they are less talented, so they, too, can reap the benefits of this lucrative profession.

I mean, what could be more American than extending the same principle to sports as we do other jobs, where less intelligent, less industrious and less qualified applicants are favored over those more intelligent, more industrious and better qualified?

Lets all support the NFL being an equal opportunity employer by eliminating the idea of meritocracy in favor of an authoritarian brand of social justice. If it's good enough for all other aspects of our culture, it's good enough for the NFL !!

New Topics

Forum List

Back